Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Closed Thread

Old 23-11-2005, 12:49 AM
Melodica

Out of Body Experiences

I've had quite a few, but there are about three major experiences I remember the most. The first two happened one night after the other during nightly meditations. The third happened during a yoga class and was a bit less frightening than the previous two. Basically, I meditated so deeply that I felt myself begin to separate and my soul slip out of my body. I tried to remain calm even though it felt like I had electric shocks and massive tingling inside my body. When I couldn't take it anymore, I tried to open my eyes and move around, but still I couldn't get out of the state, couldn't get back. I finally jerked my body forward to snap myself back together and after that, I was in a cold sweat and it hurt to move to try to lay down and go to sleep afte rall that. The time I was in yoga class, I was already laying down and we had our 10 minutes or so of deep relaxation. I once again felt myself slipping apart and with my eyes closed, I saw a yellow dot that grew into a big globe of yellow light, like a star cluster seen in space, and then finally the teacher called us back, saying, "Come back to the sound of my voice" and I was able to wake up a little easier, though when I got up for the bathroom break, I held onto the wall because I was afraid I'd fall if I took a wrong wobbly step. I've heard to start small by moving your fingers and toes to snap you back together, but are there any other ways you can think of to reduce shock/fear/pain?
Old 26-11-2005, 09:38 AM
FERAL INSTINCT

The pain and fear are a big part of the projection. I often thought I was being attacked by a spirit in my youth when experiencing this.

It usually starts with a loud explosion which is the soul pulling away from the body. Then the electrical tingling all over my body.

One night after the loud explosion I was able to see in a 360 degree fashion. While experiencing the electrical tingling I looked up and the flannel sheet was above my body as if it were a flag blowing in the wind. It was the release of the energy popping out of my body at the beginning stages of astral projection.

It is very difficult to come out of that state which envokes fear. (Lack of control) I have learned by moving my small finger on either hand pulls me back pretty quickly.

It took years for me to learn about this experience. Now that I am aware of this I have learned to control my fear and feed the experience with my personal power which speeds up the process of the projection and at times I can direct where I want to go. Then off to a deep sleep forgetting anything after that point.

There was one time on vacation I was having the experience. I guess I was moaning which caught my friends attention. He came into the room I was sleeping in and touched my body to his surprise he got an electrical shock. Enough to cause pain.

After I woke up I spoke with him. He was very much afraid of me. I had to explain what the experience was and at that point in my learnings I thought it could be the beginning of spontaneous combustion. He mentioned there was enough current coursing through my body where he wouldn't doubt the idea.

Interesting to say the least.

Mike
Old 25-01-2006, 10:30 AM
Enlightener

The best way to deal with fear is love. Just let go of the fear of leaving the body and the fear will let go of you.

I never thought pain was a part of the process...?
Old 23-08-2006, 12:07 AM
BLAIR2BE

Question

I HAVE HAD 1 OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCE. IT WAS NOT PAINFUL, ACTUALLY I FELT A GREAT DEAL OF PLEASURE FOR THE MOST PART. BUT THE BIGGEST MYSTERY ABOUT IT WAS, I WAS NOT TRYING TO HAVE ONE AND I WAS NOT MEDITATING. I WOULD LOVE FOR SOMEONE TO EXPLAIN THIS ONE TO ME.

ONE NIGHT I WAS LAYING IN BED, FAR FROM BEING ASLEEP. I WAS REMEMBERING AN OLD MEMORY, AND QUITE SUDDENLY I FELT A LITTLE ANXIETY, MY HEART FELT LIKE IT WAS RACING AND THE ROOM I WAS IN DISAPPEARED. I WAS UNABLE TO MOVE OR EVEN FEEL MY BODY. THEN I WAS BACK IN THAT MEMORY. I WAS REALLY THERE AGAIN, FLOATING AT THE CEILING OF THE ROOM. BUT THIS TIME I COULD SEE EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED THAT NIGHT AS IT ACTUALLY WAS, NOT AS MY MEMORY ALWAYS HELD. IT WAS ALL SO VERY CLEAR. I COULD FEEL MY BODY AGAIN AT THIS POINT. BUT NOT A BODY LAYING IN BED, A BODY FLOATING IN THE AIR. AND I FELT GREAT PHYSICAL PLEASURE.

I GENTLY WAS EASED BACK INTO MY BODY, AT HOME IN BED, ITS HARD TO SAY HOW LONG THIS EXPERINCE LASTED. A GUESS WOULD BE 10 TO 35 MINUTES. I DIDNT SLEEP FOR HOURS BECAUSE MY ADRENALINE WAS ELEVATED. IT WAS EXTREMLY AWE INSPIRING AT HOW MY MEMORY DISTORTED THOSE EVENTS SO DRASTICLY.

HAS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCE ANYTHING LIKE THIS? DOES THIS QUALIFY AS OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCE? IF NOT, WHAT WAS IT? IT CERTAINLY WAS NO DREAM...
Old 28-08-2006, 12:50 PM
bec83

Out of body

I believe I have had an OOBE. I was quite young and got scared in the night so I slept in my parents bed. During my sleep I saw myself asleep huddled in the corner of their bedroom. The view was from the ceiling in the opposite corner looking down, everything was as it was normally even the colour of the room was right for that time of night. I woke up in bed though the next morning, but when I asked my parents if I had been huddled asleep in the corner they said I had been. That vision is still vivid to this day.
Old 30-08-2006, 10:40 AM
Spiritual Hippy

Book1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodica
I've had quite a few, but there are about three major experiences I remember the most. The first two happened one night after the other during nightly meditations. The third happened during a yoga class and was a bit less frightening than the previous two. Basically, I meditated so deeply that I felt myself begin to separate and my soul slip out of my body. I tried to remain calm even though it felt like I had electric shocks and massive tingling inside my body. When I couldn't take it anymore, I tried to open my eyes and move around, but still I couldn't get out of the state, couldn't get back. I finally jerked my body forward to snap myself back together and after that, I was in a cold sweat and it hurt to move to try to lay down and go to sleep afte rall that. The time I was in yoga class, I was already laying down and we had our 10 minutes or so of deep relaxation. I once again felt myself slipping apart and with my eyes closed, I saw a yellow dot that grew into a big globe of yellow light, like a star cluster seen in space, and then finally the teacher called us back, saying, "Come back to the sound of my voice" and I was able to wake up a little easier, though when I got up for the bathroom break, I held onto the wall because I was afraid I'd fall if I took a wrong wobbly step. I've heard to start small by moving your fingers and toes to snap you back together, but are there any other ways you can think of to reduce shock/fear/pain?

Your experience is awesome! I once meditated for 30 minutes or so and after a while my body temperature went out of control. I felt myself burning up and my soul seemed to be leaving my body but the panic I had over took me and I screamed out loud. "God please bring me back Im not ready to go!" What a Baby, huh?! lol Anyway, I've been to scared to try again because I read somewhere that it's dangerous to do this if you have no idea what you're doing. Reminds me of the time when I spent like a hour scrying with a bowl of water and suddenly some images began to form and I was so shocked I jumped back in fright and blew it!
Old 01-09-2006, 02:23 AM
BLAIR2BE

Rescently I Have Again Felt The Beginning Effects Of An Oncoming Obe While Driving At Night. I Feel As Though My Energy Is Floating Upwards, Out Of The Car, Into The Breeze And The Trees (no Rhyme Intended). Although I Am Usually Very Relaxed Prior To This, I Have No Intentions Of Having An Obe While Driving. I Have To Consiously Control My Energy To Stay Grounded. Does Anyone Have Any Information On This Phenomenon???
Closed Thread