Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 27-02-2019, 10:26 PM
Newbie ;)

Lilith is more interesting than she appears on the surface

Lilith is an interesting figure who's story runs deeper than is obvious in my opinion. As the popular version has it, Lilith was Adams first wife, but after Adam tried to dominate her she turned him down and ran away. She was met by 3 angels who told her to come back but when she refused they said would kill 100 of her children as punishment for her disobedience. When she finally did come back, she saw Adam with Eve, and proceeded to go down a demonic path of infanticide and sexual vampirism. Although she spared children if they were over a certain age, if they were circumcised, and strangely enough, if they wore the amulets of any of the angels who threatened her.

That's the story as most know it. But I believe there is more to unpack. Obviously the victim of cruelty I think it runs deeper. Although we don't know whether Adam was like "I kind of want to do it like this." or straight up rapes her I'm prone to believe he rapes her since she is pregnant in the cave she retreats to and refuses to go back. That's one thing.

The other thing that her story is parallel to Lamia's from Greek mythology, "who became a child-eating monster after her children were destroyed by Hera, who learned of her husband Zeus' trysts with her." Hera was often vindictive and spiteful towards the innocent victims of her husbands infidelity, as evident by the way she tried to make Hercules' life a living hell. But it is strange how in both parallel stories, the demonic figures are the victims of cruelty from supposed Divinity.

Another interesting point is that she has connections with serpents (being depicted as a half serpent half human), owls (archetypal symbols of the demonized magick system as well as academia), Hagravens (half bird half women creatures) if I may use Skyrim jargon, etc. While I don't know much about hagravens, I know owls are symbols of wisdom. The fact that she is demonized might be connected with why magick itself was demonized, mainly by the early Christian/Catholic churches who hold the Adam and Eve story as it is, but the fact that owls represent wisdom, to me, denotes that there is wisdom to be found in the Lilith spirit. As if her character possesses some sort of hidden meaning beneath all of this, which contrasts her demoniac depictions.

There is also Isiah 34, which talks about her finding a restful home in nature but being given to bestiality by God. (I'm not one to demonize God. I don't consider cruel depictions of God to represent the truth of God, but I am curious as to what is behind the many cruel depictions of God)

Now I believe that cruelty can turn people into monsters, which may be true in her case, but I also see something unseen in the midst of this lesson. I'm curious if anyone more well versed in her scarcely documented existence can shed light on this.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:31 PM
Master

With Jewish myths, it is generally best to look at the Sumerian originals, because that's where most of them come from. In Sumer, the Lilitu were known as female wind demons who preyed on men (in a form of sexual vampirism, I believe) and children. Lil in Sumerian means Air, btw, so others have suggested that Lilith is a derivative of NinLil (Lady Air), Enlil's wife and a major goddess in Mesopotamia. There are many theories about her, most of which are summarised on Wikipedia, so that would be a good place to start your research.
Old 29-09-2019, 10:29 PM
Deactivated Account
I heard that also but I also heard she is the
"Mother of Demons"
Old 19-11-2021, 06:40 AM
Pathfinder

Lilith, I wanted to post a new thread about her until I came across yours??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master M
Lilith is an interesting figure who's story runs deeper than is obvious in my opinion. As the popular version has it, Lilith was Adams first wife, but after Adam tried to dominate her she turned him down and ran away. She was met by 3 angels who told her to come back but when she refused they said would kill 100 of her children as punishment for her disobedience. When she finally did come back, she saw Adam with Eve, and proceeded to go down a demonic path of infanticide and sexual vampirism. Although she spared children if they were over a certain age, if they were circumcised, and strangely enough, if they wore the amulets of any of the angels who threatened her.

That's the story as most know it. But I believe there is more to unpack. Obviously the victim of cruelty I think it runs deeper. Although we don't know whether Adam was like "I kind of want to do it like this." or straight up rapes her I'm prone to believe he rapes her since she is pregnant in the cave she retreats to and refuses to go back. That's one thing.

The other thing that her story is parallel to Lamia's from Greek mythology, "who became a child-eating monster after her children were destroyed by Hera, who learned of her husband Zeus' trysts with her." Hera was often vindictive and spiteful towards the innocent victims of her husbands infidelity, as evident by the way she tried to make Hercules' life a living hell. But it is strange how in both parallel stories, the demonic figures are the victims of cruelty from supposed Divinity.

Another interesting point is that she has connections with serpents (being depicted as a half serpent half human), owls (archetypal symbols of the demonized magick system as well as academia), Hagravens (half bird half women creatures) if I may use Skyrim jargon, etc. While I don't know much about hagravens, I know owls are symbols of wisdom. The fact that she is demonized might be connected with why magick itself was demonized, mainly by the early Christian/Catholic churches who hold the Adam and Eve story as it is, but the fact that owls represent wisdom, to me, denotes that there is wisdom to be found in the Lilith spirit. As if her character possesses some sort of hidden meaning beneath all of this, which contrasts her demoniac depictions.

There is also Isiah 34, which talks about her finding a restful home in nature but being given to bestiality by God. (I'm not one to demonize God. I don't consider cruel depictions of God to represent the truth of God, but I am curious as to what is behind the many cruel depictions of God)

Now I believe that cruelty can turn people into monsters, which may be true in her case, but I also see something unseen in the midst of this lesson. I'm curious if anyone more well versed in her scarcely documented existence can shed light on this.

Hello, I am very amazed and intrigued as to what you have said about Lilith. For so long in my life I have always found mythology, Greek mythology so very fascinating. I have a couple of books on it, I just love how it has been dramatized in films as well. One of my favorite subjects of interest is "Vampires" and I watched a docu. series that I have on DVD. Called "Monsters Among Us" and the first 2 episodes are about "Vampires". Early on in the first part it is discussed about "Lamia". I am of English and of Irish heritage both of which I am so drawn to before my family tree was ever traced. I would love to travel to both places one day! But in the French mythology I know of Goddess Melusine or Melusina. I had not been aware of her until I watched the limited edition STARZ series: The White Queen.

"Lady Elizabeth Woodville Grey" who married "King Edward the 4th" She became known as "The White Queen". There was a reference that her maternal bloodline could be traced all of the back to the river Goddess Melusine. But getting back to "Lillith" I have watched a video or two about her on YouTube. It has been said that by some that she is not as bad as what most people have been led to believe. I find it very interesting that she is known to be the world's first true vampire. She is to exist here on earth forever. If that is true I wonder where she is? What does she look like? Who is she? What name does she go by? What kind of life does she live? I think that she has been looked at by a lot of women as the first feminist.

On the docu. series that I have the 2 part episode on "Vampires" I just love it because it covers many different myths and legends on the subject. After the part of the "Lamia" there was another kind. I cannot remember what they are called. But it was said that for anybody born between Christmas day and New Year's. When they die that they will return as "Vampires"! I wonder if there have been any documented cases that could substantiate it? It is strange because my birthday is Christmas day '73 and I was born in the hour of 3a.m. Someone told me that the hour of 3a.m. is the witching hour? I do not know if there is any truth to that or not. But on another program on The Travel Channel one of the many series hosted by "Don Wildman" it was a very short, lived series. It was on last fall, one of the episodes was about, of course..."Vampires". He had traveled to somewhere in Europe and one of the parts of that episode. Was when he was talking to someone about a type of vampire. That they were witches by day and they turn in to vampires at night. In a way from what a friend of mine shared with me on a social network. He believes that "Carmilla" is based on fact and I think he believes that Carmilla and Lillith are one in the same. "Carmilla" is the oldest vampire story to exist before Bram Stoker wrote "Dracula". I would love to hear back from you and/or from anyone else here to elaborate on this. And share any of your thoughts, opinions or any other interesting information that you know of. I couldn't help but want to contribute to this thread, thank you!

Good Evening,
LilyTeal16