Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 19-04-2020, 07:01 AM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
And in my experience the Soul (or consciousness) has no gender. It incarnates in both male and female bodies to experience what each has to offer. There may be a series of incarnations in (e.g.) a female body, so there is a strong identification with the feminine. The Soul then incarnates in a male body to provide some balance, and the person feels that they have incarnated as the wrong gender. It is all learning.

Peace

This too is what I believe.
Ps You all may laugh at me but I Have a very vague memory of being able to choose my gender.I couldn't decide,so they made me gay.Lol.
Old 19-04-2020, 08:08 AM
ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
This too is what I believe.
Ps You all may laugh at me but I Have a very vague memory of being able to choose my gender.I couldn't decide,so they made me gay.Lol.

No judgement here.
Old 19-04-2020, 01:44 PM
Master
a
tomm cat
it will try 2 get a silly ownr i am

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 21-04-2020, 02:29 PM
Master
If reincarnation exists than I'd prefer not to reincarnate. There have been times where I would've said the reverse but all things in consideration the chances of a miserable life are simply greater than the chances of a happy life. On top of that, human life is an anomaly (if we ignore other hominids that may have had similar mental hubris) and our capacity to suffer in much greater due to our developed brains.

I think non-human life has it far easier. The animals experience pain but much of their pain isn't as long as ours, and without a developed brain the likes that a human has there is simply no need for any advanced suffering to occur. I look at my dog and he runs and jumps around, clearly he experiences 'joy' so it doesn't take a human being to experience sensual excitement, pleasure, etc. Humans, especially religious ones, look down upon non-human life ((even more so in dharmic religions)) as if they are a sad existence, but the true sadness is with the human ((even more so the so called ''civilized'' human)) that deliberately looks for a fix, it's not with the trees or the animals or other life forms.

I would prefer, if reincarnation exists and is 'obligatory', to return as a leopard or large eagle. A leopard can take the prey with him into the tree, save from other predators. That is very convenient. A large eagle has no real enemies besides other eagles, and if they have a protected status than it's even better, so I would have to go with that.
Old 21-04-2020, 07:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
If reincarnation exists than I'd prefer not to reincarnate. There have been times where I would've said the reverse but all things in consideration the chances of a miserable life are simply greater than the chances of a happy life. On top of that, human life is an anomaly (if we ignore other hominids that may have had similar mental hubris) and our capacity to suffer in much greater due to our developed brains.

I think non-human life has it far easier. The animals experience pain but much of their pain isn't as long as ours, and without a developed brain the likes that a human has there is simply no need for any advanced suffering to occur. I look at my dog and he runs and jumps around, clearly he experiences 'joy' so it doesn't take a human being to experience sensual excitement, pleasure, etc. Humans, especially religious ones, look down upon non-human life ((even more so in dharmic religions)) as if they are a sad existence, but the true sadness is with the human ((even more so the so called ''civilized'' human)) that deliberately looks for a fix, it's not with the trees or the animals or other life forms.

I would prefer, if reincarnation exists and is 'obligatory', to return as a leopard or large eagle. A leopard can take the prey with him into the tree, save from other predators. That is very convenient. A large eagle has no real enemies besides other eagles, and if they have a protected status than it's even better, so I would have to go with that.

From the perspective of esoteric philosophy, human beings have already been through the animal kingdom. Having attained human consciousness, it is not possible to be then reborn in animal bodies.

To which some may say that the idea of a human as more advanced than an animal or a tree is just a value judgement invented by humans. Again, the esoteric perspective is that humans are more advanced because they have the potential to access the higher consciousness of those kingdoms beyond the human. Animals may be perfectly in tune with nature because they function primarily through their astral vehicles but they lack the faculties to enter the higher spiritual realms.

I simply put this out there as a consideration, knowing that some will strongly disagree.

Peace
Old 21-04-2020, 08:02 PM
Master
Quote:
From the perspective of esoteric philosophy, human beings have already been through the animal kingdom. Having attained human consciousness, it is not possible to be then reborn in animal bodies.

According to some traditions, sure.

Quote:
To which some may say that the idea of a human as more advanced than an animal or a tree is just a value judgement invented by humans. Again, the esoteric perspective is that humans are more advanced because they have the potential to access the higher consciousness of those kingdoms beyond the human. Animals may be perfectly in tune with nature because they function primarily through their astral vehicles but they lack the faculties to enter the higher spiritual realms.
Those are your beliefs and you are entitled to them. You could've ended it with 'in my opinion' or 'according to my belief system'.

By the way, I mentioned what I would wanna be if reincarnation exists. I've no desire to have a debate about it.

Quote:
I simply put this out there as a consideration, knowing that some will strongly disagree.Peace
It's okay to say ''you'' instead of ''some'', because clearly you're referring to me and not someone else.
Old 21-04-2020, 08:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Those are your beliefs and you are entitled to them. You could've ended it with 'in my opinion' or 'according to my belief system'.

It's okay to say ''you'' instead of ''some'', because clearly you're referring to me and not someone else.

Actually in both my paragraphs I did mention that these ideas were from the perspective of esoteric philosophy. These are not my original ideas, but I am happy to believe them because they make sense to me.

I knew that you might disagree but I am also aware that others could also disagree. Hence my use of the word "some" rather than "you".

Peace
Old 02-05-2020, 02:53 AM
Guide

Yeah....I'll probably be me again. That's who I was in all my other lives.
Old 02-05-2020, 03:05 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
Is it possible to know what sex your going to be in your next life? Ok this is going to sound odd but so far in this lifetime I've been plaged with female reproductive and female parts issues. I am a male and I feel very comfortable being a male but EVERY female I ever been with or closely knew had "female" issues and I Hurd about all of them in grave detail. I probably know more about the female body then most females do. Not buy studying it, just by my life experiences. Is all of that preparing me for what is in my souls far future?

Hehe, I know what ya mean. For some reason I get to hear all about female issues all the time. I used to ask, "Why are you telling me this, what do you want me to do about it?" It took a while before I realized that it was a stupid question and that somehow, all of those issues, along with many others, were somehow all my fault for being a male.

In my next life I expect I will be me. As far as what animal or sex I might be, I have no idea at the present moment. But if I am born a women, I am going to find a male and make him pay for it, preferably one who was a women in his previous life.
Old 02-05-2020, 02:32 PM
Master

rebirth in other re-alms

Quote:

I simply put this out there as a consideration, knowing that some will strongly disagree.

Peace
You rightly predicted . I am among the few who may disagree . Still I do not give much weight to such disagreement because importance of all these beliefs is in how it impacts your present life not in making too much fuss about it. And I feel and sense life of many including you is oriented nicely. That is key and very important. Hence I very much respect and love all despite small disagreements like this. God just loves to paint his world with multiple hues of different colours. Many a times I forget to express these feelings of mine in my disagreements .

Now coming to the rebirth in human species only . This consideration that human can not / will not return in other species is incorrect according to Hinduism .

Humans while being equal in front of God , they may only have some more play / freedom / opportunities in life than other species making them advanced . As you see in real world advanced people / families /companies / countries also fall in rakings , so is the case of human beings . We don't need use different rules for spirituality.

Also re-birth into other species is not punishment by God , it's only a God's facility to accommodate our own wishes most of the times(which people may express casually /indirectly ) .God being privy to everything within our mind to everything in universe grants most of our wishes so expressed.