Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Closed Thread

Old 16-06-2014, 03:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
that's my kind of experience.
I have two rock, shell, feather and wood alters, in my house and yard. I'm kind of religious about adding beach objects to them. Only don't tell Seawolf or I'll never hear the end of it.
Old 16-06-2014, 03:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
that's my kind of experience.

Beachcombing is my idea of a good time and almost on my doorstep [that's what I have been doing today ]
Old 16-06-2014, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Ha! Some can and do 24/7/365! Oh my Miss Hepburn! May I call you Katie?
Brilliant.
I prefer 'Brilliant'...but if you must...Kate is fine.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-06-2014, 04:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I prefer 'Brilliant'...but if you must...Kate is fine.
Heh. Just making a Spencer Tracy joke with the Katie thing.
Old 16-06-2014, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
It's interesting that the word religion is viewed with such antagonism in Western spirituality, considering many of the popular beliefs are based on Eastern religion.
The popular speakers and authors that define our Western new age
belief systems are basically rehashing Eastern religious beliefs for our modern society.

We have religion and spirituality and then organized religion and beliefs...

I'm thinking the op was talking about those org religions where the Elders
have altered old scriptures to their liking, sent out soldiers to behead the infidels or
Pagan peasants collecting herbs in the fields, controlling their attire, sexual practices,
filling them with fear or guilt about tithing....well, fear and guilt about most things....
speak of Allah or Jehovah or Jesus' Father as pretty scary....or the ones ordaining their
Ministers to preach of hell and brimstone....keeping the flock in a holding pattern
for centuries that their is a sepparation between them and their Maker...that there
needs to be a "go between'....that being the Church of whatever denomination.

Rather than teaching you and you alone can connect with your Creator, period.
No tithing, no ceremonies, no interference from the Elder Fathers of any Church...Iyatollah or Swami or Rabbi or Pope

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-06-2014, 04:32 PM
Master

Quote:
We have religion and spirituality and then organized religion and beliefs...

I'm thinking the op was talking about those org religions where the Elders
have altered old scriptures to their liking, sent out soldiers to behead the infidels or
Pagan peasants collecting herbs in the fields, controlling their attire, sexual practices,
filling them with fear or guilt about tithing....well, fear and guilt about most things....
speak of Allah or Jehovah or Jesus' Father as pretty scary....or the ones ordaining their
Ministers to preach of hell and brimstone....keeping the flock in a holding pattern
for centuries that their is a sepparation between them and their Maker...that there
needs to be a "go between'....that being the Church of whatever denomination.

Rather than teaching you and you alone can connect with your Creator, period.
No tithing, no ceremonies, no interference from the Elder Fathers of any Church...Iyatollah or Swami or Rabbi or Pope
But we all learn from others, whether we like it or not. That's the way the human mind works. That is unless you've come up with your own spiritual beliefs that have no outside influence whatsoever, which would be impossible.

Maybe instead of being so against things because we percieve them as 'different' or 'bad', we can look at the positive side of them. The positive side of religion, actually outweighs all the negative things you listed above by quite a bit.

Those of different religions than ours are people just like us, we're all human beings. Westerners sometimes like to think of themselves as superior, and spirituality is no exception, but it's probably more spiritual to see others as equals instead of as so inferior because we perceive them to be different. Humans have been doing that since the beginning, maybe we can look beyond it and instead of seeing people as 'those mind-controlled religious people', we can see others as children of God and see our similarities. We're not actually as different as we think, we just tell ourselves we are to make us feel good.
Old 16-06-2014, 04:56 PM
elisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I have two rock, shell, feather and wood alters, in my house and yard. I'm kind of religious about adding beach objects to them. Only don't tell Seawolf or I'll never hear the end of it.

i too love the gifts i find. i was taught by my elders that when you take a feather, rock, etc., you always leave a 'thanks' in its place. i carry a tobacco pouch and place a pinch of tobacco on the ground. it's just a reminder that you must always respect and give back.
Old 16-06-2014, 05:21 PM
Stillness_Speaks

Quote:
Those of different religions than ours are people just like us, we're all human beings.
One might think that should be some sort of common understanding, some sort of basic knowledge in a spiritual forum. But I have to drop that belief.

Last edited by Stillness_Speaks : 16-06-2014 at 07:40 PM.
Old 16-06-2014, 05:48 PM
Hi,
We are talking about different things.
Superior, inferior, differences, similarities, perceptions of difference? What?

I'm only speaking of Organized Religion....period.
Western, Eastern, Buddhist, Islam, Jewish, makes no difference.
I don't care for what goes on within the organizations, period...that means
lies, distortion, executions, manipulations, hoarding of money.
I will leave it at that.

I don't know who you are talking to about ...'we are all humans, people are just like us,
children of God....'
I have read the other posts here and no one seems on a Third Grade level to me.
If it seemed I was putting down the masses...it is the Hierarchy of the Religions that I was.
....or the dogma they teach people.

Quote:
But we all learn from others, whether we like it or not. That's the way the human mind works. That is unless you've come up with your own spiritual beliefs that have no outside influence whatsoever, which would be impossible.

Maybe instead of being so against things because we percieve them as 'different' or 'bad', we can look at the positive side of them. The positive side of religion, actually outweighs all the negative things you listed above by quite a bit.

Those of different religions than ours are people just like us, we're all human beings. Westerners sometimes like to think of themselves as superior, and spirituality is no exception, but it's probably more spiritual to see others as equals instead of as so inferior because we perceive them to be different. Humans have been doing that since the beginning, maybe we can look beyond it and instead of seeing people as 'those mind-controlled religious people', we can see others as children of God and see our similarities. We're not actually as different as we think, we just tell ourselves we are to make us feel good.

Old 16-06-2014, 05:57 PM
Master
Quote:
I don't know who you are talking to about ...'we are all humans, people are just like us,
children of God....'
I have read the other posts here and no one seems on a Third Grade level to me.
If it seemed I was putting down the masses...it is the Hierarchy of the Religions that I was.
....or the dogma they teach people.
Nothing to add other than well said and thank you.
Closed Thread