Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 08-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Scattered Sheep

Yes! I pray anywhere! Even when I am doing this, but usually not, I often make sure I am very reverent and sincere before I approach my Elohim!!
Old 08-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Tea Break

Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by It is all good
When I think religious I think of sitting in church on Sunday mornings which is the way I was brought up. When I think of spiritual I think of sitting in my garden, in the middle of a patch of sweet smelling earth, on Sunday mornings which is where I would rather be. I suppose that would make be more spiritual than religious?

I was brought up to think that being religious (sitting in a man-built Church and following it's rules) was the way to be too. Doing it so that everybody could see you do it. It never felt right.

There's simple truth in the saying "You're nearer God's heart in a garden than anywhere else on Earth".

Let Mother Nature keep you connected.

Angel Blessings to All
Old 08-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Scattered Sheep

I go to my Messianic Synagogue to Worshjp, learn, praise, serve, fellowhip, laugh, labor, testify, etc. It is my second home and in many way's my fisrt. I am there often, not just the Sabbath (Saturday's) and Torah Study wed. nite Scripture Study. When I am not there I worhship, learn, praise, serve, fellowdhip, laugh, labor, testify, etc. No matter where I am. We certainly do not qualify as the man made word religion implies. Religion-da, ta ,da..focus in on this..."for a supernatural power accepted as..." etc, Our creator is not " a supernatural power" this would imply one of two or more. The Scriptures state He is THE ONLY, period. Ya, I am by no means attached to a Religion. This Spiritual Forum is a Good place for me to proclaim though. No word "religion" in it or people would tell me to leave for that reason. Anyway, nice talking to you Tea Break....may Yahushua gather you and lead you...Scattered Sheep Yes, I feel exceptionally close to YHWH in my Garden!!
Old 09-05-2013, 07:45 AM
Master
ScatteredSheep. Religion or Spirituality ? Religion is largely dogma but, for Spirituality, read Kahlil Gibran - The Prophet.

Personally, my "temple" is a small valley in the High Yorkshire Dales with a stream and waterfall. My altar is a rock shelf beside the waterfall. I am my own priest and my "deity" is Mother Earth. My "scriptures" are what I read in the flora and fauna around me. Now THAT'S spirituality !
Old 09-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Scattered Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
ScatteredSheep. Religion or Spirituality ? Religion is largely dogma but, for Spirituality, read Kahlil Gibran - The Prophet.

Personally, my "temple" is a small valley in the High Yorkshire Dales with a stream and waterfall. My altar is a rock shelf beside the waterfall. I am my own priest and my "deity" is Mother Earth. My "scriptures" are what I read in the flora and fauna around me. Now THAT'S spirituality !

Norseman: Do they have any Messianic Synagogues around your parts? Just curious idnk
Old 10-05-2013, 08:36 AM
Master
SS - to be honest, I would not know a Messianic Synagogue if I tripped over it ! I do go to an ancient local cathedral on occasions but only because it was built over a pre-christian pagan shrine.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:33 AM
Scattered Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
SS - to be honest, I would not know a Messianic Synagogue if I tripped over it ! I do go to an ancient local cathedral on occasions but only because it was built over a pre-christian pagan shrine.
I C...
Old 21-05-2013, 11:44 PM
Scattered Sheep

This is a video about moving into Israel's encampment!

http://youtu.be/g7pFPaLl_Q0
Old 22-05-2013, 12:20 AM
amy green

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattered Sheep
This is a video about moving into Israel's encampment!

http://youtu.be/g7pFPaLl_Q0
Some posts follow seamlessly. This is a crowbar job!!!
Old 22-05-2013, 06:14 AM
Master
Spirituality.

Read Richard Rohr.
Eckhart Tolle.
Paramahansa Yogananda.
Roy Eugene Davis

And I too would add Norseman's Kahlil Gibran. Read him when I was 19. Opens your thinking.

Hey Scattered Sheep. Here is a video about religion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX9PmcWo6O0