Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 13-02-2018, 04:14 AM
Knower
Choice

Do you have a choice not to come back to the living for reincarnation?
Old 13-02-2018, 06:39 AM
Master
If you are clear enough to make it into the astral realm, yes.

And according to what I can see, you are more then clear enough.
Old 13-02-2018, 07:34 PM
Guide
I would say that we don't, at least not with our current conscious awareness that disappears when we die and goes back to Universal Consciousness from where we came.

I therefore believe that we as the Universe reincarnate through others as they are born. So the Universe can re-experience itself through you, me - each and every one of us anew. Without any prejudices or preconceptions.

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 13-02-2018, 09:05 PM
Knower
So if our awareness dies when we die then how is reincarnation and past life regression possible?? I do not want to come back I just want to somehow make sure that I don’t come back.
Old 13-02-2018, 10:38 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneC2013
So if our awareness dies when we die then how is reincarnation and past life regression possible?? I do not want to come back I just want to somehow make sure that I don’t come back.
Awareness doesn't die but your false identity does and a new one is made affected by your previous actions, each time you incarnate.

Your true identity doesn't change and is eternal.
Old 13-02-2018, 09:38 PM
Guide
Although I will always accept others views and opinions, I don't believe anything is hidden from any of us as we explore who we are on our incredible journey of self-discovery.

Mine has lead me to appreciate that while we as our individual consciousness doesn't reincarnate, we as the Universe does so through everyone and everything that comes into 'Being'. So as our consciousness goes back to the beautiful state of 'nothingness' when we die, another is formed from it. So the Universe can experience itself afresh. I truly find this so breath-taking.

When it comes to past life regression I have explored this on my own life path where I don't believe we have past lives. This is so the Universe through the senses of those who are born can experience things as though they've never experienced them before.

It's a bit like watching a fantastic film or reading an amazing book and then wishing you could erase it from your mind so you can re-experience it again. The Universe does this through each of us in the most beneficent way

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 13-02-2018, 10:22 PM
Master
One additional comment, one can see our life/incarnation from the perspective of the spirit which is within or attached to the physical body or the physical body which is part of the planetary consciousness.
If we view it as the later then Ghost Rider's view is somewhat valid, yet we are spirit and have an agreement with the planetary consciousness, the Logos to experience life in this reality.
And if we are here in service as many are, we don't come alone, we have support, and would not get trapped in the lower realms.
AnneC I would encourage you to seek a connection with those who are around you, who support you in this incarnation.
Hallelujah, we are almost at the end of it.
Old 13-02-2018, 10:45 PM
Pathfinder

I have always kinda felt like or thought we just keep coming back until we get it right. Whatever "IT" is that is. Maybe "it" is what our true purpose is for being here. And once we get that right then we no longer come back. Just my 2 cents
Old 14-02-2018, 02:53 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneC2013
Do you have a choice not to come back to the living for reincarnation?
After you die, you see the life that just ended from a different perspective than you do now.

When you wake up from a dream, even if you just had a nightmare, do you ever say: I don't want to dream again?
Old 14-02-2018, 05:34 AM
Master

Seth - Roberts:
"Now, if you realize that you create your physical reality through your own thoughts and desires, then you have learned the most important aspects of reality. This is what you have been setting out to do in your other lives, in your past existences. The realization of these truths nullifies any so-called "debts" from other lives. When you realize this and act upon it, there is no reason for you to come back here again unless you want to. Any of your difficulties in past lives were caused because you did not realize these basic truths. Your reincarnational pasts can help you if you know of them only if they make these truths evident to you, only if you learn from them. Otherwise, they exist within you subconsciously and unconsciously, in any case."
-- From Seth Class, Saturday, February 3, 1970