Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 24-11-2018, 08:01 PM
Knower

Having visions because of meditation.

This meditation stuff is crazy! (Not that anyone that does it is crazy, It just blows my mind!)

I haven't meditated in a while, but right now I'm just reflecting on my past experiences with meditation. I remember I had been meditating for not even a week and then I started having visions! They were very vivid and they started out with me seeing how objects worked! I'm talking about how every part and piece of something would function.

I would see the object in action, but this would happen every time I started falling asleep. I remember I was watching a video about synchronicity and started falling asleep. I had a vision where I was drawing a circle connected to another circle (sort of like a Venn diagram). After that vision I jumped up out of my sleeping position and then on the screen of my tablet was the exact thing i drew in my vision! (I have a terrible habit of sleeping with my headphones in. I kind of fall asleep while videos are playing on my tablet. LOL)

I had only meditated for 4 days, but I started noticing that I could feel the answers to my questions. It was like this deep inner knowing. During waking life, I could think about something and wonder how it would play out. Though, I didn't even have to wonder I could feel how something was going to happen and it would happen that exact way. Almost like predicting the future, but with feeling. In my visions, the feeling was just as vivid as the imagery was.

I just want to mention that I stopped meditating because of the vivid dreams. They felt so real that it kind of scared me and they kind of almost drowned out my reality. (Lol, don't know if that makes any sense) (I'm also scared of having nightmares) ( I rarely dream)
Old 24-11-2018, 10:31 PM
Suspended
Guide

I have two weeks of continous meditation, every single day, before sleep, I meditate.I experience strange things too.My dreams are so vivid that you can't just say it was a dream.With two nights ago I fought in the world war two, I was a solider and I was fighting the nazis, I was shot by a bullet and I could feel the impact of it, quite painful.Everything was so real... Last nigth I dreamt that I was stuck in a building full with monsters, at the end, one of these monsters ( the biggest one ) killed my "brother", not my real brother, and at the end I had to fight with this monster and to defeat it and I really did it.Even more, every single night I wake up aroun 4 or 5 in the morning, imagine, for the last two weeks I woke up that early in the morning.

I think we all experience different things when we go deeper into meditation.You may be able to see the "true nature of things", how everything works and this may offer you the power to see things before they happen.I don't really know, it's just a guess, only you can truly know.

I don't know have much experience but let's see what others say.
Old 25-11-2018, 12:35 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan
I have two weeks of continous meditation, every single day, before sleep, I meditate.I experience strange things too.My dreams are so vivid that you can't just say it was a dream.With two nights ago I fought in the world war two, I was a solider and I was fighting the nazis, I was shot by a bullet and I could feel the impact of it, quite painful.Everything was so real... Last nigth I dreamt that I was stuck in a building full with monsters, at the end, one of these monsters ( the biggest one ) killed my "brother", not my real brother, and at the end I had to fight with this monster and to defeat it and I really did it.Even more, every single night I wake up aroun 4 or 5 in the morning, imagine, for the last two weeks I woke up that early in the morning.

I think we all experience different things when we go deeper into meditation.You may be able to see the "true nature of things", how everything works and this may offer you the power to see things before they happen.I don't really know, it's just a guess, only you can truly know.

I don't know have much experience but let's see what others say.

How do you deal with having the dreams? They scare me! I guess that is because i rarely dream though.
Old 25-11-2018, 11:46 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

It is possible that with meditation, you start becoming hyper aware, and therefore, you could somehow "sense" the Venn diagram even in your sleep? Not only that, it seems to me that meditation tends to bring out previously repressed feelings and memories due to a sort of "fog removal", causing more and more of your subconscious to become conscious. This might be the reason for the vivid dreams.
Old 25-11-2018, 05:31 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritictus
It is possible that with meditation, you start becoming hyper aware, and therefore, you could somehow "sense" the Venn diagram even in your sleep? Not only that, it seems to me that meditation tends to bring out previously repressed feelings and memories due to a sort of "fog removal", causing more and more of your subconscious to become conscious. This might be the reason for the vivid dreams.

So, might this be important to bring up repressed memories and feelings? I'm thinking of going back to meditation, but sometimes it scares me.
Old 25-11-2018, 05:37 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEmbers
So, might this be important to bring up repressed memories and feelings? I'm thinking of going back to meditation, but sometimes it scares me.

I think it is, and it is better to bring up those hidden/repressed memories and feelings, face them and clear them off. It may be scary, but just because we close our eyes to them and stick our heads in the sand doesn't mean they'll go away. They seem to act against us unconsciously and insidiously, and they stop us from reaching our full potential in many walks of life. Meditation seems to take you through the storm before getting you to the calm :-)
Old 25-11-2018, 07:56 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritictus
I think it is, and it is better to bring up those hidden/repressed memories and feelings, face them and clear them off. It may be scary, but just because we close our eyes to them and stick our heads in the sand doesn't mean they'll go away. They seem to act against us unconsciously and insidiously, and they stop us from reaching our full potential in many walks of life. Meditation seems to take you through the storm before getting you to the calm :-)

Okay. That makes sense. I guess I just gotta face my fears!
Old 13-12-2018, 03:12 AM
Deactivated Account
A possibility also is a lack of REM sleep. It has been known to happen that people who don't get enough of it will have visions. A mixture of waking consciousness and REM. Certain things can block REM sleep. Smoking pot before bed is one example. Sounds like your brain was using meditation as a way to achieve REM.
Old 18-12-2018, 08:54 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson
A possibility also is a lack of REM sleep. It has been known to happen that people who don't get enough of it will have visions. A mixture of waking consciousness and REM. Certain things can block REM sleep. Smoking pot before bed is one example. Sounds like your brain was using meditation as a way to achieve REM.

Yeah. I can meditate even once and have vivid dreams all throughout my entire week. Could this be caused by broken sleep?
Old 18-12-2018, 10:02 PM
Deactivated Account
Not sure if broken sleep is the cause but it could be a symptom. Read up.on how to improve your circadian rhythm. Also research REM and waking consciousness blending or even maybe hypnagogic hallucinations.