Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 16-12-2018, 10:02 PM
Experiencer

God and I AM are the same. Like Nisargadatta explaned so clearly:
“One has to understand that the search for reality, God, Guru and the search for the self are the same, when one is found all are found. When ‘ I am’ and ‘God is’ become in your mind indistinguishable, then something will happen and you will know without a trace of doubt that God is because you are, you are because God is. The two are one”.
I wrote an article here: https://cosmicdiviner.wordpress.com/...-everything-i/
Old 16-12-2018, 10:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry J
God and I AM are the same. Like Nisargadatta explaned so clearly:
“One has to understand that the search for reality, God, Guru and the search for the self are the same, when one is found all are found. When ‘ I am’ and ‘God is’ become in your mind indistinguishable, then something will happen and you will know without a trace of doubt that God is because you are, you are because God is. The two are one”.
I wrote an article here: https://cosmicdiviner.wordpress.com/...-everything-i/
Ok. I am - God is.

But this doesn't address the Qs: I am what? God is what?

Does it?
Old 16-12-2018, 11:08 PM
Master
"What is God?"....'Why does God exist?"...."Does God have a name?".

So many questions about God lately...so many....

I think that the "inquiring mind" is mankind's greatest enemy, because it makes us totally unable to accept and appreciate things for just how and what they ARE...without always wanting to know WHY they are like that.

Also, if somebody doesn't know what, where, why, God exists ALREADY, that means they are NOT ready to understand it yet, and it is much better to be an atheist and believe God does NOT exist, over constantly questioning His existence...or looking for reasons TO believe, if you don't already have a belief without needing to ask so many questions...and most of the time, people ask questions NOT because they don't get it...but to try and stop others from getting what they already "got" but that never seems to work either.
Old 17-12-2018, 09:34 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Ok. I am - God is.

But this doesn't address the Qs: I am what? God is what?

Does it?

We do not get any further. What I AM - God - ever IS, it's always more. It is eternal source. It is ever transcending. It just cant be objectified. It is the unmanifested, from which the manifested - this universe - springs. Should we insist on an answer, it is "pure beingness". A state of consciousness. And that state is also the unmanifested. But we humans are identified in objective, finite existences here on Earth. We can't understand this. Until we die before we die, but letting the ego - that false identity - die.

We could also say, that God is the sum of all beings in physical embodiment in this universe. The sum of us. And we are co-creators with God. God itself does no more take a physical embodiment, or a shape. As co-creators with God, we have free will. We could create things that God would not create. So it is wrong to say "God is the creator of everything". We create imperfect stuff, that we must take responsibility for. This is Karma.
Read Kim Michael's books. Master Keys to Spiritual Freedom for example.
According to that, God was actually an "entity" once, who split itself in two parts: Alpha and Omega. Or Yin and Yang. Anyone of us might do the same, potentially!

Last edited by Perry J : 17-12-2018 at 11:15 AM.
Old 17-12-2018, 12:37 PM
Master
Quote:
... it is "pure beingness". A state of consciousness. And that state is also the unmanifested. But we humans are identified in objective, finite existences here on Earth. We can't understand this. Until we die before we die, but letting the ego - that false identity - die.
We can't fully understand this, maybe.

Quote:
We could also say, that God is the sum of all beings in physical embodiment in this universe. The sum of us. And we are co-creators with God. God itself does no more take a physical embodiment, or a shape. As co-creators with God, we have free will. We could create things that God would not create. So it is wrong to say "God is the creator of everything". We create imperfect stuff, that we must take responsibility for. This is Karma.
Read Kim Michael's books. Master Keys to Spiritual Freedom for example.
According to that, God was actually an "entity" once, who split itself in two parts: Alpha and Omega. Or Yin and Yang. Anyone of us might do the same, potentially!
What you say 'tells' me a great deal about what you do understand about what's called God, which dovetails with my understanding as well.

Thanks. Great to 'meet' you in this verbal-expression exchange way, Perry.
Old 17-12-2018, 02:21 PM
Pathfinder

nice sounding abstractions (which are abstractions unless one has direct experience on the matter) are not enough. So even if one finds the best, most well written and or authoritatively recognized abstractions one is still in doubt. Welcome to the torment club...and if we somehow got into said club then we can somehow get out of it...with Grace being a key factor in the process which can not be forced, yet many (and many schools) have no faith in Grace which is also problematic imo.. All one can do is keep at it, (a.k.a. dharma's) and strange as it might sound be careful what you ask for...you might get it.
Old 17-12-2018, 04:18 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden_Greywolf
So, what do you believe God is?

Primarily for most people a placebo effect.

Universe/God are synonyms aka Uni-V-erse/God

Biological/soul are synonyms.

4 kinds of spirit;

1} spirit-1 { spirit-of-intent } = metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts

2} spirit-2 = physical/energy aka Observed Time reality as fermions, bosons any aggregate collection thereof.

3} spirit-3 = metaphysical-3, positive shaped gravity ( ),

4} spirit-4 = metaphysical-4, negative shaped dark energy )(

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 22-12-2018, 12:49 PM
Pathfinder

"God" exists alright...but in the meantime we have other problems to deal with.
Old 22-12-2018, 01:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by handy guy
"God" exists alright...but in the meantime we have other problems to deal with.
As in, the challenge/opportunity is to 'script' a better (meaning a more Love and Joy actualiing) 'movie' (or 'God')?
Old 22-12-2018, 05:56 PM
Pathfinder

would an actors strike also and still only be a movie?