Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 17-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Merit

Question Help with projection/thoughts theories

So, I am quite new to the site. I met a fellow in a mall about a week ago and he was talking to my friend about his ideologies, the universe etc. They talked a lot on astral projection and for curiosities sake I've been trying at it. I've been in Kung Fu for nearly 2 1/2 years, I have a descent control and knowledge of chi so I find that's accelerated my progress in this. My goal is to prove to myself if it is real or not; I still think it could just be induced lucid dreaming. So, I'm going to post my 2 most avid attempts, my first was August 12th, and I would like feedback on what I am experiencing. Perhaps you have tips on seeing, or release, or if I am on the right track.

Just some added fyi, I have never had an OBE before. When I was a kid I used to have strange dreams, not exactly lucid. In fact, I very rarely have lucid dreams so these experiments have been rather shocking whether OBE or not. I'm also a very positive person! Very content with my life, College in 3 weeks and I have a recent relationship I'm very happy with.
Old 17-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Merit

Color

August 14 2012 (1:10pm)
Phenomenal experience. Went to bed around 2am last night, was up at 8 because I’m expecting a parcel (which never came anyways) so I was reading a book for several hours. At 1:00 I said enough, going to nap. Now when I was reading the book, I was dozing off and hearing audible voices like in lucid dreaming, voices were of the book I was reading and other imaginative ones. This happens to me when I’m really tired; not a new concept but I don’t have lucid dreams often. So, I was in debate as to if I wanted to attempt projection again in such close proximity to my last attempt, and I decided to. I did some light stretching, closed my blinds and set up my tunes. After about 10 minutes I decided I was too tired for this and shut off my music, proceeded to sleep normally. Well, I don’t know when or how it happened but I must have been asleep. Suddenly I was questioning why my limbs weren’t moving. Actually I started to move my arms across my bed by willing energy; I can only assume my mind was in disarray. This was highly shocking, but the real kick happened after. I saw a very dark, strangely colored room, maybe in the basement of some place. I feel like it was familiar, but I can’t place it. There was as most people mentioned that faint static sound around me. I wavered for a second and darkness was closing around me, but I willed it away with my chi. At this point, I actually felt like I could’ve continued but I did not expect a shock like that so after looking forward in this room for a bit, I decided to wake up. I feel slightly rested now, but cold. I have no doubt in my mind this is what people would call astral projection or an OBE. I will try again tomorrow.

August 17 2012 (12:10pm)
I’ve spent some days since the last time, a few failed attempts; not as extreme as the last. Finally, I’m tired today and I decided to give it a real go. Put my tunes on but I think those are only good to ascend my bodies frequency, otherwise it’s a distraction so I turn them off after a few minutes. So, after about 30 minutes, I drifted into strange and lucid dreams if only for seconds. The fact I’m aware of this is usually a good sign I’m on my way to projection. This time it happened a little differently. My spirit was trying to leave, the sensation was very extreme, but I wasn’t deterred. I kept with it and I tried and tried. There was what sounded like muttering in my one ear, inaudible language, low and raspy. That kind of concerned me. I thought it could be just the sound the astral plane as people describe and it didn’t sound loud or violent, so I still kept with it. After a little bit with no progression, I slowly receded back into myself. I’m not real cold this time, but I was also under heavy blankets.
Old 17-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merit
August 14 2012 (1:10pm)
Phenomenal experience. Went to bed around 2am last night, was up at 8 because I’m expecting a parcel (which never came anyways) so I was reading a book for several hours. At 1:00 I said enough, going to nap. Now when I was reading the book, I was dozing off and hearing audible voices like in lucid dreaming, voices were of the book I was reading and other imaginative ones. This happens to me when I’m really tired; not a new concept but I don’t have lucid dreams often. So, I was in debate as to if I wanted to attempt projection again in such close proximity to my last attempt, and I decided to. I did some light stretching, closed my blinds and set up my tunes. After about 10 minutes I decided I was too tired for this and shut off my music, proceeded to sleep normally. Well, I don’t know when or how it happened but I must have been asleep. Suddenly I was questioning why my limbs weren’t moving. Actually I started to move my arms across my bed by willing energy; I can only assume my mind was in disarray. This was highly shocking, but the real kick happened after. I saw a very dark, strangely colored room, maybe in the basement of some place. I feel like it was familiar, but I can’t place it. There was as most people mentioned that faint static sound around me. I wavered for a second and darkness was closing around me, but I willed it away with my chi. At this point, I actually felt like I could’ve continued but I did not expect a shock like that so after looking forward in this room for a bit, I decided to wake up. I feel slightly rested now, but cold. I have no doubt in my mind this is what people would call astral projection or an OBE. I will try again tomorrow.

August 17 2012 (12:10pm)
I’ve spent some days since the last time, a few failed attempts; not as extreme as the last. Finally, I’m tired today and I decided to give it a real go. Put my tunes on but I think those are only good to ascend my bodies frequency, otherwise it’s a distraction so I turn them off after a few minutes. So, after about 30 minutes, I drifted into strange and lucid dreams if only for seconds. The fact I’m aware of this is usually a good sign I’m on my way to projection. This time it happened a little differently. My spirit was trying to leave, the sensation was very extreme, but I wasn’t deterred. I kept with it and I tried and tried. There was what sounded like muttering in my one ear, inaudible language, low and raspy. That kind of concerned me. I thought it could be just the sound the astral plane as people describe and it didn’t sound loud or violent, so I still kept with it. After a little bit with no progression, I slowly receded back into myself. I’m not real cold this time, but I was also under heavy blankets.

I don't have a lot of time to get in-depth on my responses so I will be short about them and you can ask me what I mean and I'll come back later and explain more.

Experience 1: RTZ (Real Time Zone).

Experience 2: Astral hearing.
Old 17-08-2012, 09:58 PM
Guide
Merit, first... lemme ask you.

When you say it could just be induced lucid dreaming... I'm assuming you mean that it's just a dream where you know you're dreaming, right?

So tell me, what exactly is a dream?
Old 17-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Merit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanth
Merit, first... lemme ask you.

When you say it could just be induced lucid dreaming... I'm assuming you mean that it's just a dream where you know you're dreaming, right?

So tell me, what exactly is a dream?

If I had to define it I would say it is your subconscious trying to arrange the fragments of actions unprocessed during your everyday living in a logical order. Like clearing the cache on a computer, fragments of files are left behind every time something is moved or copied. I presume your mind cannot process every exact detail so it stores it on your subconscious.
Old 17-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Master
Merit... May I suggest my all-time favorite astral projection author, William Buhlman. His first book especially is both practical and mind expanding.

“Adventures Beyond the Body” - free PDF file:
http://api.ning.com/files/nTSdV*CY*ywIHIm4D8CbwwHEN7RF9bXkD6C3pIfU-eo_/Adventures_Beyond_the_Body.pdf ... also in paperback.

Xan

Old 17-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Merit

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
--

Thanks Xan! I will definitely read through this during my spare time!
Old 19-08-2012, 02:58 AM
Master
Merit what I meant by my responses are this pretty much in a nut-shell. When we first leave our bodies during a projection or even during a dream (if we are conscious we are dreaming from the very beginning) we enter a buffer zone called the RTZ (Real Time Zone). I am not sure if you're familiar with the term or not but I will briefly explain it the best I can. The RTZ is a mirror to the physical space it overlaps but often has minor or major distortions which would explain why the place seemed familiar, but was different. The distortions can vary greatly from misplaced objects, to totally different objects in unusual places, to the entire room look completely different. What controls this is hard to say but I have found time plays a role in this, if an object was in a specific place for a long time and has recently been moved when you enter the RTZ it is very likely that object will be in it's old place.

Secondly the voice or voices you stated you were hearing. During pre-sleep and pre-wake we gain access to abilities in the average waking moment most people don't have. These are astral hearing, and astral vision and to sum it up briefly we can hear noises bouncing around in the astral/RTZ or see something inside of the RTZ. This happens most actively during the very beginning of a sleep pattern or the very end. I too often hear odd things when I lucid dream inside of the RTZ or astral planes.
Old 19-08-2012, 06:59 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merit
If I had to define it I would say it is your subconscious trying to arrange the fragments of actions unprocessed during your everyday living in a logical order. Like clearing the cache on a computer, fragments of files are left behind every time something is moved or copied. I presume your mind cannot process every exact detail so it stores it on your subconscious.
Is that the scientific definition then? :)

What I'm getting at here is that people toss that question around like they know what dreaming is... "is this a projection or *JUST* a dream?"

The point here is that humanity really has *NO IDEA* what a dream actually is. Sure, there are many educated guesses, but nobody really knows. So asking the above question is actually kind of foolish, wouldn't you agree?

People ask... is this experience a projection or... is it something which humans know nothing about? :)

Does anyone else see the futility of the statement?
Old 20-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Merit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
Merit what I meant by my responses are this pretty much in a nut-shell. When we first leave our bodies during a projection or even during a dream (if we are conscious we are dreaming from the very beginning) we enter a buffer zone called the RTZ (Real Time Zone). I am not sure if you're familiar with the term or not but I will briefly explain it the best I can. The RTZ is a mirror to the physical space it overlaps but often has minor or major distortions which would explain why the place seemed familiar, but was different. The distortions can vary greatly from misplaced objects, to totally different objects in unusual places, to the entire room look completely different. What controls this is hard to say but I have found time plays a role in this, if an object was in a specific place for a long time and has recently been moved when you enter the RTZ it is very likely that object will be in it's old place.

Secondly the voice or voices you stated you were hearing. During pre-sleep and pre-wake we gain access to abilities in the average waking moment most people don't have. These are astral hearing, and astral vision and to sum it up briefly we can hear noises bouncing around in the astral/RTZ or see something inside of the RTZ. This happens most actively during the very beginning of a sleep pattern or the very end. I too often hear odd things when I lucid dream inside of the RTZ or astral planes.

Thanks for replying again. That does help me understand a bit more but I'm having real issues getting to that state again. I've been alternating between trying really hard and not trying at all. I have a hard time falling asleep naturally, I suppose that makes it harder but maybe also easier for I will have consciousness of falling asleep. Whatever the case, I only ever get my body cold. I can feel the attempts at separation but I haven't reached ascension quite like my post attempt.

Do you have any tips or tricks?