Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 30-07-2015, 01:08 AM
Administrator
Reading Room in Chat

Hello Members

Please note that there are many members here that like to receive readings that is why there is a Chat Room set up for "Readings" . Please be respectful that the Reading Room should be used for that purpose and to show respect in moving over to the General Chat or Spiritual Chat rooms.

Too many times in the past I have been using the Reading Room for a reading and someone has come in and interrupted that flow. When there is "TWO" only showing I in the room 99% of the time that might well mean there is a reading going on.

You will be moved on from the reading room starting today if your going to all hang out in there as it is very confusing to our "newer" members.

Lynn and Clover SF Administrators
Old 30-07-2015, 01:24 AM
JackofSpades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Too many times in the past I have been using the Reading Room for a reading and someone has come in and interrupted that flow. When there is "TWO" only showing I in the room 99% of the time that might well mean there is a reading going on.

You will be moved on from the reading room starting today if your going to all hang out in there as it is very confusing to our "newer" members.

Bolded part makes it sound like it isn't a public room? I'm new around and bit confused about this.

Is it possible to get some recommendations how the room should be used? Like, can I go there to wait to have reading? Or should I only go there when I've agreed to have reading with someone in other chatrooms?
Old 30-07-2015, 02:24 AM
Experiencer
Hi JackofSpades,

This has been my experience:

It is a public room, hence it is open and available for everyone to go into there. However, with that being said, there are other rooms more suitable for chatting. I wouldn't hang out there either waiting for a reading unless you made a prior arrangement to meet somebody there at a specific time. If someone wants to offer a reading, they can offer it to people in the other rooms, forum, etc. and then they can go to the reading room.

The problem I have seen in the past is that a reading will be going on between 2 people and others will pop into the room and start talking right away interrupting the flow of that reading. So if you only see 2 people in that room, it's probably best avoiding going in there.

Also, if there are people in there and it is quiet, then readings are most likely going on in a private chat to avoid interruption, or because there are personal matters being discussed. Most likely you won't interrupt them then, but it is still probably wise to go into another room if you want to chat.

That's how I interpret it. Hope that helps!

Last edited by daver : 30-07-2015 at 04:08 AM.
Old 30-07-2015, 02:49 AM
Administrator
Hello

With the Reading Room it would be nice if Members that are doing a Reading in PM Mode would state that so that other Members know that is why they are in the Reading Room.

I did that just now I went to PM Mode for a Reading but was in the Room

It is simple to state your in "Private" and that will give others the respects needed.

Lynn
Old 30-07-2015, 02:47 PM
Master
Pretty simple really - if not reading, then no reason to be in there.
Old 30-07-2015, 08:35 PM
Knower
I'm not sure if its possible, but putting "For Giving And Receiving Readings Only" at the start or finish of the current room description would really help with new members long term.
Old 30-07-2015, 08:38 PM
Knower

It might be handy to have a rollover pop up on the room names which lists who is in the room.
Some readings probably would not like others joining, however. If a person is needing help for something and doesn't mind help from multiple friends on here. It would save the need to check who is in the room.

Just a thought.
Old 30-07-2015, 10:05 PM
Administrator
Hello Members

It has been amazing to be in the Reading Room and having readings happen. If your doing a reading in PM Mode it is easy to say to a member entering your there and available when your done. The feedback from a couple of readers has been amazing so Thank You !

We need to keep this up as a reading can really help with the blocks we have in life and give Readers here on SF that all valued practice that advances them along their paths.

Lynn
Old 31-07-2015, 08:45 AM
Master

I think it's better to arrange to meet in the reading room and then choose to either do a private chat or not.

Just because I am in the reading room doesn't mean I going to read for everyone, because I only read for those I am drawn to. Sometimes people whisper to me to do a reading and I am in the middle of something so I have to ignore them. This happens in general chat too though.
Old 31-07-2015, 07:23 PM
Knower

I wouldn't trust the site and its gremlins in all honesty to be able to save private chat history. As this has failed for the last reading/healing I had in there.
So if you are wanting to keep records of the reading incase you forget the details later on, I highly suggest keeping it in the room itself.
At least until this feature has been fixed.
Closed Thread