Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 25-02-2017, 02:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningstars
If you say so.

shiningstars
I do say so. You see that but find it unbelievable, aye?

To reiterate: Am looking to play verbal-tennis with others, bouncing Life-meaning (as seen from different angles) balls back and forth across the 'net' 'cuz I LOVE Life and enJOY playing in IT's field. I seem to have misattributed a desire to play in this regard to you based on your conversation-initiating 'serve' (across the net). Now I see that I didn't see the kind of one-way dictate-or that you really are!

My invitation nevertheless stands should you change your mind after considering the possibility, which you now rule out (of 'reality') as being a 'delusional' projection, to wit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidsun
You ... probably have more to present in support and elaborating of your above stated 'views' (strings of words have limitations in terms of presenting 'full' perspectives). Please take my pooh-bah assertions as intended to further and depend [sic, 'deepen' is what I meant to say] both dialogue and understanding in the above regards.
Old 25-02-2017, 05:22 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
I do say so. You see that but find it unbelievable, aye?

To reiterate: Am looking to play verbal-tennis with others, bouncing Life-meaning (as seen from different angles) balls back and forth across the 'net' 'cuz I LOVE Life and enJOY playing in IT's field. I seem to have misattributed a desire to play in this regard to you based on your conversation-initiating 'serve' (across the net). Now I see that I didn't see the kind of one-way dictate-or that you really are!

My invitation nevertheless stands should you change your mind after considering the possibility, which you now rule out (of 'reality') as being a 'delusional' projection, to wit:

Lovely compliments, self-projection and attitude from one who is so happy and at peace!

As I said, if you say so, your status is actually no concern of mine.

shiningstars
Old 25-02-2017, 09:31 PM
Deactivated Account
Cat Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
From I AM, to Son Of I AM, to I AM not etc. Which is the best principle?
Who/what is this 'I'?

Quote:
Sai Baba would say I AM all.
Correct!

Quote:
Christ said I AM the Son Of I AM.
He also was said to say, "I and my father are one." But who knows what he said, since it's all hearsay. Jesus may have been speaking of the ego or the Real self but I'd want to examine the original writigs for myself and that's not going to happen.

Quote:
Others say I AM not.
That is true if the 'I' is the false, imagined, mind made self or ego.
"I am" not is an incomplete sentence and needs to say: I am NOT my ego.
Old 26-02-2017, 07:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Lovely compliments, self-projection and attitude from one who is so happy and at peace!

As I said, if you say so, your status is actually no concern of mine.

shiningstars
The way I see IT, the snideness and lack of a willingness to positively 'engage' with what I say is true (of my self) shows U (meaning Ur psychospiritual stars-consellation) to be a 'false' representative of what I think of as 'Buddha-Mind' and/or Christ-Heart-n-Mind'. At the very least, it is unbecoming in said regards, IMO.

As I have said (pertaining to any and every part-of-the-'One'): "Wherever U go, there U are!"

P.S. It brings me great happiness and joy to be functionally/creatively able to and so actually shine the light of what I consider to be the Truth in the above regards. That you choose to not honestly engage with that fact is your free-choice, of course.

P.P.S. Peace is something I enjoy 'doing' for 'relaxation' when not actively engaged in Life-experience and Life-expression. Like resting and sleeping after a 'full' day's 'work' (or 'play' as the case usually is in my case), it is also wonderful!
Old 26-02-2017, 07:56 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
The way I see IT, the snideness and lack of a willingness to positively 'engage' with what I say is true (of my self) shows U (meaning Ur psychospiritual stars-consellation) to be a 'false' representative of what I think of as 'Buddha-Mind' and/or Christ-Heart-n-Mind'. At the very least, it is unbecoming in said regards, IMO.

davidsun,

If you say so and so it will be for you then. I don't mind whatsoever. Be well.

shiningstars
Old 01-03-2017, 09:02 PM
Master
Quote:
davidsun,

If you say so and so it will be for you then. I don't mind whatsoever. Be well.
And so it is! LOL
=======

Hear ye, hear ye … I speak [of] truth:

Answers/conclusions logically ‘follow’ from the way one chooses to ‘frame’ an issue. Though one’s logic may be airtight, one’s conclusions may nevertheless be ‘wrong’ or only partially ‘right’ if significantly relevant details are excluded from the truth-picture one articulates, i.e. if they are ‘framed’ out of ‘view’.

Verbal representations being ‘linear’, no description or logical argument can possibly be all-truth inclusive, including anything I say of course. But let me use one of shiningstars erudite posts to illustrate what I mean in the above regard.

Quote:

"In the end"
you say.

I believe that most people are not at the end, or even at the beginning.
This omits from ‘view’ the fact that anyone’s Life is operationally inseparable from the ‘web’ that it is part of. To imaginatively see it as a ‘thread’ or journey along a ‘path’ which may ‘begin’ some when/where and reach and ‘end’ therefore ‘hides’ from ‘view’ that it always just is what it is and enacts what it is wherever it is when it is ‘there’. Expanding on the idea of a ‘circle’ having no ‘beginning’ and [/u]no ‘end’, a soul’s Life at any ‘point’ may also be imaginatively envisioned as being a ‘point’ on an ever-widening, ever-ascending ‘spiral’, such that the ‘view’ from any ‘point’ (in terms of ‘movement’ from where one has been to where one is or may be going) is always the same. The idea of ‘arriving’ and forever after ‘living’ at some ‘point’, meaning some final developmental ‘state’ is illogical if (anyone’s and everyone’s) Life’s progression, or trajectory, is metaphorically ‘framed’ as a ‘spiral’.

Quote:
The Buddha said his teachings are a raft to get to the other (metaphorical) shore. … The Saints and Teachers have not taught for naught but because there is often a system of thought that helps students study and learn the way of non-attachment, ultimately, even to the teachings themselves.
This ‘frames’ anyone’s/everyone’s ‘journey’, or the most ‘crucial’ part of it, as somehow being ‘completed’ when ‘non-attachment’ is ‘finally’ actualized/realized, at least so I think.

Quote:
To forgo the raft when one is not at destination seems premature and is another easy spiritual trap to fall into.
Such logic cannot be refuted if one completely accepts/embraces the premise of ‘non-attachment’ as being the ‘destination’. And Gautama’s teachings, among others, strike me as being superb ‘rafts’ for learning to ‘get’ to that ‘point’.

But what if there are destinations of equal or maybe of even greater ‘value’ in terms of expanding and/or progressing ‘further’ and ‘higher’ on Life’s metaphorical ‘spiral’? What if the ‘shore’ metaphor used by shiningstars (and presumably the ‘teacher’ or ‘teachers’ he has learned from) ‘fails’ to take these into account and so ‘eclipses’ awareness and consideration of them?

Even using a climbing to the ‘top’ of a ‘mountain’ metaphor, which has the same limitations as the ‘far’ shore metaphor IMO, can serve to ‘hide’ the fact that if one doesn’t take the time and trouble necessary to seriously look at and scope out the mountain from every sides/angle one may mistakenly think, feel and believe that a promontory that one has come across and found both meaningfully impressive is the ‘top’ Cat’s Meeow!

Quote:
Picking and choosing teachings is not the most effectual, pending destination.
I also warn against being a ‘dilettant’ for what I assume are obvious (to readers here) reasons, but IMO this cautionary ‘assessment’ of shiningstars has the same flaw as advice not to visit and contemplate what one experiences while traveling through multiple ‘foreign’ countries would have if taken seriously by people who haven’t as yet traveled all around and fully appreciated all of the major features of their ‘homeland’ would have. I would suggest that such travel will actually help ‘spiritual travelers’ get obtain a greater appreciation of both the assets and deficiencies (liabilities) of whatever their present ‘doctrinal’ belief-system may be. Exposure to what’s ‘abroad’ is bound to be ‘broadening’, in most cases at least, I think. Beware any tendency in yourself to just reify (as ‘best’) what you are presently most familiar with and are presently ‘devoted’ because of ‘loyalty’ and comfort/security-satisfaction seeking.

Quote:
Agree that spirituality can also become another ego trap, …
There’s a lot more to what and why I see as being most important in terms of Life and its growth/evolution of course. Let me just close here by saying that my ‘gut’ feeling, based on how he has or rather hasn’t related to my statements in thread to this point, that I think, feel and believe that this is descriptive shiningstars ‘spiritual’ stance.

Caveat: the above comment may just be a delusional outward projection of my own ‘sin’ in this regard. Belief-systems if and as adopted and adhered to have a way resulting in people’s feeling ‘smug’ about them. My main point in regards this, as with anything/everything else you happen to come across, is to make the best sense of it as you can after looking at it from as many ‘angles’ as possible.