Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 06-01-2017, 08:44 PM
Pathfinder
Creating & Free-will

Hello. So, since we live on a free-will planet, are there any rules of creating? If so, what are they?

Example:
Let's say, someone meet a person who they really like, but this person is not very interested back, what if visualization is used to try to attract this person, would that be a violation of their free-will? Or, would it just not happen? OR, if someone visualize with a random person? Just stating this question because i'm curious! Thanks :)
Old 06-01-2017, 09:06 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1GHT
Hello. So, since we live on a free-will planet, are there any rules of creating? If so, what are they?

Example:
Let's say, someone meet a person who they really like, but this person is not very interested back, what if visualization is used to try to attract this person, would that be a violation of their free-will?
It depends on the extent you go to. If you cast a spell through ritual magic you'll be robbing them of a part of their free will. But you also surrender that part of yours with it. Remember, she has you as much as you have her. For ordinary visualisation I'd say probably not. Nor would creating an attraction aura in their presence. They still have their free will to respond or not.
Quote:
Or, would it just not happen?
Presumably if they were attracted to you.
Quote:
OR, if someone visualize with a random person? Just stating this question because i'm curious! Thanks :)
Interesting because there is an exercise pertaining to the use of sexual energies with another person. It involved fantasising sex with whoever was, say, sitting opposite you on a bus or train. At first, a simple and perhaps disgusting exercise to some but the aim was to sensitise someone to the sexual energies/potential beyond outward looks (which could, of course, return a null, ie. wouldn't work). An extension of this training is using sexual fantasy as a gateway to the astral. It would not rob anyone of their free will.

Just mentioning.

Old 06-01-2017, 09:11 PM
Knower
I wouldn't say it is a violation. Many relationships have started because one partner is initialially interested and the other isn't. Sometimes they can get to know you to "grow" to you romantically and sometimes they don't, but there's a difference when it comes to trying to "force" them to love you, so there's a line somewhere (which isn't always easy to see for most people). I would, personally, say that if both people like each other as friends it might be worth telling them your feelings and if they reject, don't keep pestering them and instead continue as friends, but don't hope too much that they might think differently later down the line, but think of the possibility.

I guess you could sort of apply this to other scenarios in the sense that you should try your best to find the "fine line" I was referring too. This... can be rather difficult but that's life
Old 06-01-2017, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Example:
Let's say, someone meets a person who they really like, but this person is not very interested back,
what if visualization is used to try to attract this person, would that be a violation of their free-will?
Or, would it just not happen?
OR, if someone visualize with a random person?
Just stating this question because i'm curious! Thanks :)
Fair question, L1ght,
Well, God has wanted our love for eons and you can see how well
that has turned out.
'He/She' places stars and flowers and raindrops and kittens in
our path...
He/She is lucky to get one second of any acknowledgement.

So good luck....in the matters of love and attraction of another, my friend!

I'm not being cynical...but, I'd have more response getting an apple from a pear tree.
Feelings of others can not be manipulated in your favor so easily...sure with some charm.
cologne and money...maybe.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-01-2017, 10:03 PM
double post...so let me say this, then, not to waste the space...

A person's feelings are always their choice.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-01-2017, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
double post...so let me say this, then, not to waste the space...

A person's feelings are always their choice.
An example: Truly, you could have your boss yell 8 inches from your face and fire you
and you have a choice of your feelings and also, your reactions.
If your mind is saying to you right now, "Yeah, right.''
it just means you are still thinking the external stuff has power to effect you.

Picture a practicing Buddhist for example in the same scenario above...
picture them peaceful and then bowing a bit saying thank you to the boss.
Why? Perhaps he knows that his happiness and center comes from within him rather than from without and
a nicer job opportunity is now open to him :)...or there are other reasons.
(Funny that is the quote I just placed in the Abraham Quotes this morning.)

What does this have to do with this thread and attracting someone, possibly effecting their free will?
Well, even if a person hopes, dreams and thinks about another...and is sweet to them daily...
that is even more subtle than a boss firing you..yet, in each situation we ourselves are in charge of how we feel.

So, effecting another's free will ? They are in charge of themselves.
PS read some Ayn Rand, she was a big proponent of this...'The Fountainhead' is a good one.

Old 07-01-2017, 08:43 PM
Knower

Quote:

Example:
Let's say, someone meet a person who they really like, but this person is not very interested back, what if visualization is used to try to attract this person, would that be a violation of their free-will? Or, would it just not happen? OR, if someone visualize with a random person? Just stating this question because i'm curious! Thanks :)
Try asking yourself this:

"If I met somebody who was interested in me, but I had no interest in them, would their engaging in visualization that we were together change that? Could they force me to become interested, if I didn't want that?"

Over and over again in LoA discussions, I see people treating those they claim to love, or want to have a love relationship with, as puppets who can be made to return, or love them back, if only they set an intention and do all the LoA tricks at their disposal. And never do I see any of those same people consider it from the perspective of the ex who no longer wants to be involved, or the attractive person who isn't interested.

What if somebody you had no interest in--or were even found repulsive--was trying to energetically manipulate you into a relationship, using the LoA? If you didn't know about it, do you really think it would work? If you did know about it, would you feel anything but creeped out, and even less interested than before?

The other person has their own desires, their own preferences, their own wants. And if you aren't what they want, it is anything but loving to see them as an object that can be manipulated into giving you what you want, anyway.

Reciprocity gets ignored or overlooked in LoA circles, and not just in relationships. But here's the thing: everything you desire also has its own desires. You want it--and it wants what it wants. And if you aren't willing or able to give it what it wants, you can keep on desiring it and visualizing it and trying to manipulate it, and it will still keep its distance from you. It will keep going to people who can give it what it wants. And I say "it," but the same thing happens with people.

So in this case, trying to energetically force this person to change their mind is not going to work. Either you are what they want, or you're not, and you cannot override their desires to serve yours. But you can look at them, and what qualities they have that you find so attractive, and say, "Yes, I like that; I want that in a partner"--and then use that to guide you as you set an intention for a relationship where both of you are a match for each others' desires.
Old 07-01-2017, 10:29 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Star
Try asking yourself this:
"If I met somebody who was interested in me, but I had no interest in them,
would their engaging in visualization that we were together change that? Could they force me
to become interested, if I didn't want that?"
Great post! Whole thing.

Old 26-02-2017, 03:52 AM
Seeker

I think your question is a very very interesting one, and you would really need to dive into philosophy to successfully answer it.
I think you can actually go as far as talking about parallel universes. I get the impression, after reading a lot about QM, that what you think of as another person's will is only a part of your own reality.
So you wouldn't infringe his own will by attracting him. Think of it as changing a signal where it's received, not where it's sent.
Read about "locality" in philosophy of science, and the whole thing about the "observer".
Tough times are often perpetuated by a vicious cycle of thoughts and emotions. If you're there now, my sincere suggestion is that you try manifesting a new thinking pattern... here's my opinion on a book that helped me a lot. When you feel better, please give back by teaching these ideas to someone else.
Old 26-02-2017, 04:47 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
yet, in each situation we ourselves are in charge of how we feel.

Thanks Miss Hepburn!