Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 07-01-2020, 10:24 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadville
The answer is simple. We're all different. Your difference is in being able to pick up the thoughts of discarnate individuals. Others may be gifted in ways you aren't. Each of us is unique.

Thank you for your insights. Much appreciated.

I wonder though. I think everyone can be a meduim for themselves. What do you think?

If I do a reading for you. Be aware, that all readings are for entertainment purposes only.

*I hope you got a receipt for your goldfish.

"It is worst still to be ignorant of your own ignorance"
Saint Jerome.

It is probably wise to send me a private message first (on this webiste) if you wish to contact me via skype
Old 07-01-2020, 10:53 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkade
I don't believe in anything supernatural. Spirits and ghosts are not supernatural they are part of reality. It is not a big thing. At least for me it isn't. It is good that you are conscious of spirits, or the possibility of spirits. Its all good. Most people spent most of their lives not aware of any of it, or in denial of it.

You are aware. Ask the great Divine to reveal the truth to you. The problem with most people is that they are afraid to admit they simply do not know the answer.

Most people think they know the answer to something and so when they are asking they are not really asking because when you ask you come from a place of "I really don't know". When you don't know something you donot whether, "yes" there are spirits, or, "no" there aren't spirits.

Wipe the slate clean and come to yourself from yourself. Say: "Divine, reveal to me the truth. Are Spirits real?" If you truly ask and truly want to know the answer. Then within seven days the truth will be revealed.

I did this twenty years ago. Though it wasn't whether spirits existed. It was whether God existed. I asked God to reveal to me himself incontrivertably and I gave God seven days. I thought to myself that if there was a God then he would have to be all knowing and have all knowledge and power, and that if he wasn't able to reveal himself to me within that time frame that he couldn't be all powerful and that therefore he could not be God.

Needless to say. He revealed to me himself. I have never looked back since. Also I had the key to all knowledge. I simply did the same process with every other question.

I gave God more than seven days. I used to be a Christian, until at some point he proved to me that he doesn't exist. Or that he doesn't care. Yes, I've already asked whatever thing is out there to reveal the truth to me. For many years I have prayed, without results.

How did he reveal himself to you? I hope you'll come up with something better than 'because the bible says so' because that kind of answer isn't going to change my mind in a billion years.
Old 08-01-2020, 01:18 AM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkade
Thank you for your insights. Much appreciated.

I wonder though. I think everyone can be a meduim for themselves. What do you think?

What I think you might be asking is whether an individual can communicate in a similar way to that used by a medium. That would simply be trans-dimensional communication and for some individuals that can, and does, happen. But I doubt it could happen for everyone.

There's an old saying that mediums are born and not made. If one's 'ability' to communicate emerges - even if it's not recognised for years or even decades - then it's likely/possible it's there from birth. And nobody can prove any different.
Old 08-01-2020, 01:36 AM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I gave God more than seven days. I used to be a Christian, until at some point he proved to me that he doesn't exist. Or that he doesn't care. Yes, I've already asked whatever thing is out there to reveal the truth to me. For many years I have prayed, without results.

How did he reveal himself to you? I hope you'll come up with something better than 'because the bible says so' because that kind of answer isn't going to change my mind in a billion years.

Being a Christian means nothing to the creative energy we call 'God'. And it's not a 'he' or a 'she' so you're not giving a meaningful ultimatum as you can to someone in this dimension.

The way prayers to God can work will vary person to person and what is being asked. I don't know what you asked or what you had hoped for but maybe it simply was not realistic or practical?
Old 08-01-2020, 12:19 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Being a Christian means nothing to the creative energy we call 'God'. And it's not a 'he' or a 'she' so you're not giving a meaningful ultimatum as you can to someone in this dimension.

The way prayers to God can work will vary person to person and what is being asked. I don't know what you asked or what you had hoped for but maybe it simply was not realistic or practical?

How do you know being a Christian means nothing to him? Has God personally told you that when he visited you for a cup of tea?

Prayers don't work at all. What I asked is too personal to mention to a stranger on the internet, but I can quite assure you it was something very serious and concerning. For your information, no. I didn't ask for superpowers or my very own pet unicorn.
Old 08-01-2020, 02:08 PM
leadville

Quote:
How do you know being a Christian means nothing to him? Has God personally told you that when he visited you for a cup of tea?

Prayers don't work at all. What I asked is too personal to mention to a stranger on the internet, but I can quite assure you it was something very serious and concerning. For your information, no. I didn't ask for superpowers or my very own pet unicorn.

How do I know? You likely wouldn't get how I know while you're still thinking about and referring to God as 'him', apparently still seeing God as an individual or a single entity. I don't but many others I 'speak' to also see God similarly to yourself.

I wouldn't ask you to publicly disclose anything very personal that you prayed for but without knowing that I can't comment about why your prayers have not been answered; or maybe why they've not been answered in a way you recognise.

On a final point, does your username indicate anything about your approach to matters spiritual, to prayer etc.?
Old 09-01-2020, 12:24 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
How do I know? You likely wouldn't get how I know while you're still thinking about and referring to God as 'him', apparently still seeing God as an individual or a single entity. I don't but many others I 'speak' to also see God similarly to yourself.

I wouldn't ask you to publicly disclose anything very personal that you prayed for but without knowing that I can't comment about why your prayers have not been answered; or maybe why they've not been answered in a way you recognise.

On a final point, does your username indicate anything about your approach to matters spiritual, to prayer etc.?

I think I got it. Your version of God is like the ''Force'' of Star Wars. He/it is everywhere and inside everyone. But does it really matter in the end how one views God? Because it seems just like different versions of an imaginary character because so far no one has proven their version of God to be the real one. You claim your version of God is true because he revealed himself to you in some way. Yet, a fundamental Christian would tell you the same thing.

Let me tell you that the things I have prayed for isn't wealth or fame. It has more to do with my future, which seems to fall apart if this keeps going on. I've tried to use everything within my own power to bring change, but unfortunately, powerlessness exists. Now, I believe I've spilled enough secrets desipite not having told you everything.

As for your question, you're not the only one who asked. My username is just the name of a song because I lack the patience for insignificant things like this.
Old 09-01-2020, 01:21 PM
leadville

Quote:
I think I got it. Your version of God is like the ''Force'' of Star Wars. He/it is everywhere and inside everyone. But does it really matter in the end how one views God? Because it seems just like different versions of an imaginary character because so far no one has proven their version of God to be the real one. You claim your version of God is true because he revealed himself to you in some way. Yet, a fundamental Christian would tell you the same thing.

Still you speak about he and an imaginary character and what you say about my "version of God" is your imagination at work. Neither did I say 'he' had revealed 'himself' to me. I will still say that it does matter how one views God because it clearly can constrain one's appreciation of this life-creating energy.

Quote:
Let me tell you that the things I have prayed for isn't wealth or fame. It has more to do with my future, which seems to fall apart if this keeps going on. I've tried to use everything within my own power to bring change, but unfortunately, powerlessness exists. Now, I believe I've spilled enough secrets despite not having told you everything.

There is something else you're either not aware of or not considering - that of the plan you will have made for yourself before you incarnated. I have no idea what you planned and neither do you but we do plan for ourselves certain experiences. Granting a prayer for something that negatively changed your planned outcome would probably not be favored - for your sake.

Quote:
As for your question, you're not the only one who asked. My username is just the name of a song because I lack the patience for insignificant things like this.

Doesn't that tell YOU something important about yourself?

On a further note, all the above isn't something that came from my being part of any particular structure or organisation. Elsewhere you'll find me writing about Spiritualism but that philosophy didn't teach me what I've suggested to you above. I've worked my way to this point in various ways over three decades. Prayer was part of those ways but I didn't understand or accept that for a very long time and the prayer and its outcome wasn't conventional. Prayer may not work in the way we think....
Old 09-01-2020, 01:53 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Still you speak about he and an imaginary character and what you say about my "version of God" is your imagination at work. Neither did I say 'he' had revealed 'himself' to me. I will still say that it does matter how one views God because it clearly can constrain one's appreciation of this life-creating energy.

My mistake, I forgot I was talking to you instead of adamkade, who claims to have experienced God. On top of that, I suppose God is gender neutral then.

Quote:
There is something else you're either not aware of or not considering - that of the plan you will have made for yourself before you incarnated. I have no idea what you planned and neither do you but we do plan for ourselves certain experiences. Granting a prayer for something that negatively changed your planned outcome would probably not be favored - for your sake.

Heard that theory so many times before. What evidence is there to suggest that I signed up for this nonsense? Unless my pre-birth version was some kind of a masochistic maniac, I'm pretty sure that there aren't any 'plans' for me whatsoever. The only reason why I'm here is because a couple in love weren't satisfied with each other and thought having a brat would fill the emptiness in their life. Well, I've outlived my usefulness and now I'm stuck here against my will.

Quote:
Doesn't that tell YOU something important about yourself?

Not really. I'm just not too keen on the cute stuff most people here pick as their username. We can't be all the same, can we?
Old 09-01-2020, 02:21 PM
leadville

Quote:
My mistake, I forgot I was talking to you instead of adamkade, who claims to have experienced God. On top of that, I suppose God is gender neutral then.

God isn't a character, person or entity. Gender or gender neutrality does not apply.

Quote:
Heard that theory so many times before. What evidence is there to suggest that I signed up for this nonsense?

There is no evidence. If the notion doesn't appeal to your reason then it's simply not for you and you will need to look for understanding elsewhere.

Quote:
Unless my pre-birth version was some kind of a masochistic maniac, I'm pretty sure that there aren't any 'plans' for me whatsoever. The only reason why I'm here is because a couple in love weren't satisfied with each other and thought having a brat would fill the emptiness in their life. Well, I've outlived my usefulness and now I'm stuck here against my will.

I am beginning to understand your situation a little better and on a personal level I'm very sorry where life left you. I will not offend you by claiming that was your pre-birth plan. Elsewhere I have two members who both tell a similar story.
I've been with them for several years and I hope it gives you some hope for yourself when I tell you they have weathered similar storms that were their lives for many years. I sincerely hope you'll do the same. For them study, discussion or debate about spiritual/afterlife issues is much less important than just finding a way to cope with their problems and I've encouraged them along that path while they kept just a little in touch with the issues that first brought us together.

Now I know a little more about you I will draw back because otherwise it might seem I'm lecturing you or trying to tell you how to think and I'm not doing either.

I apologise if anything I've said came over that way or has upset you.