Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 25-04-2020, 08:56 PM
Master
Journaling

Who uses a journal? And if so, how do you go about it? Do you actually go back and read what you've journaled on different decks, for example.

I have a lot of personal journaling, which I would be horrified if someone else were to read. What if I were to die? All my journaling would be free game for others to look at.

This has made me more guarded in what I write in my journal, which stifles the writing process.

I've also got folders and folders of journal writings, which I never seem to revisit. For example, exercises on different decks. I'll journal a page or so on a card but I don't re-read what I've written.
Old 26-04-2020, 10:09 AM
55Degrees

I journal every day. I have my personal journal, a tarot journal and my books of shadows

My personal journals are disposed of sooner, mainly due to lack of storage space (I go through about one a month). My line of thought is, journals are private things, nobody has the right to be upset by anything written in them because they shouldn't be reading them. It's the only place where I can 'speak' uncensored. If they do get upset/angel then that is their issue to deal with and maybe examine why they felt the need to break someone's privacy rights.

I keep tarot journals for about 3 years and do go back and look at entries. It allows me to see where I was and where I am now.

My books of shadows are probably of no interest to anyone so they are are always kept.
Old 27-04-2020, 01:51 AM
Master

Hi Pandora.

I journal most days and I use a lot of bullet points which chart mundane events, weather, facts I've learned and daily tasks as well as a daily three point mood monitor thing.
I started doing it because I have difficulty with short term memory. Journelling helps me to observe patterns and reminds me of what my inner self needs to focus on.

I use a daily tarot spread and bullet point the main themes. I find that it is a very practical thing to engage in because it prompts my intuition to whatever I'm wanting to focus on that day. I also do a gratitude list.

In regards to people reading my stuff, the way I journal in my paper journal is so boring that I'm not worried and I throw most of it out when I'm finished anyway.

I use creative writing and I write short stories which read like children's stories if I'm needing to hash out deeper mental thoughts or honor deeper feelings. If anyone bothered to break into my room and read it, they would be reading children's stories lol.

However they choose to interpret it is up to then because it's art, people will interpret it in their own way. It's my creative right to express myself as I see fit in my own personal journal, it's purpose is to give me freedom to explore all manner of things in whatever way I want. If people take what I've written in a private journal as my gospel truth then perhaps they don't understand the nature of journals and creativity very well, life is a constantly moving energy flow and journals tend to reflect that.

Well.... That is at least my perspective on things anyway

My sister has a visual arts journal, which serves a similar purpose for her.

If you have a creative medium you have an affinity for you could try journelling with that medium.

I throw a lot of my writing in the bin when I no longer need it. I only keep the stuff I like from a creative perspective that I might like to turn into a children's book one day. I have no issue letting go of a vast majority of the stuff I write. In fact I find it sort of fun, it connects me to the cycles of nature and change. It's a physical way for me to honor those cycles.
Old 27-04-2020, 07:31 AM
Seeker

I also try to journal daily and have a seperate book of shadows. I have two journals, one is for dreams and the other thoughts, spiritual experiences, tarot readings.

A couple of years ago I was struggling deeply and felt as though most aspects of my life were out of whack. So I began journaling again, which has really helped me to feel ground my energies and feel connected. With tarot/oracle, I tend to journal as though I’m writing myself a personal message.. some guidance for the days ahead. Then I’ll reflect on that when I next pull some cards for myself and so on :)
Old 27-04-2020, 05:33 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora.
Who uses a journal? And if so, how do you go about it? Do you actually go back and read what you've journaled on different decks, for example.

I have a lot of personal journaling, which I would be horrified if someone else were to read. What if I were to die? All my journaling would be free game for others to look at.

This has made me more guarded in what I write in my journal, which stifles the writing process.

I've also got folders and folders of journal writings, which I never seem to revisit. For example, exercises on different decks. I'll journal a page or so on a card but I don't re-read what I've written.

I keep a personal journal and I am not concerned who reads it. It is mainly for me to remember things for later, but sometimes I work out issues, feelings, fears etc. If anyone reads my journals (which are on the computer) after I die, I couldn't care less. Why would you worry about such a thing?
Old 29-04-2020, 05:25 AM
Master
Thanks for all your replies. It's interesting hearing how everyone journals.

55Degrees: Do you mean that after about 3 years you get rid of your journals?

RedEmbers: It's wonderful that you use journaling so creatively!