Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 04-09-2017, 09:43 AM
Pathfinder

Soul Contracts

Part of my spiritual pathway has led me to information relating to Soul Contracts and what these hold for us in our current life.

For those that are not familiar with the concept, a Soul contract is a bond you form with a fellow person in spirit, for the next life you have on earth.

This could range from simply pledging to meet and bring enhancement to that life through friendship and love all the way to the extreme challenges we face in life and some of our most trying moments.

I believe all these contracts are formed for the purpose of lessons that teach and expand our conciseness.

A few examples from my own life -

My Wife - I fully believe that we met in previous lives and have been in love before. WE both fully believe that this is the first life we will experience children together as a couple, which we have not in previous lives. There are many challenges we have faced and overcome together and i could not imagine facing these with any other person. To me this only further cements that certain small details in our life were pre-planned with each other.

My Spiritual mentor - When I met her it was a time in my life where I was essentially completely Atheist/Agnostic and had no religious or spiritual beliefs. Straight away I was enthralled with every word she said and wanted to instantly explore my spirituality further. It suddenly felt like I was welcomed home and with my mentor, it felt that we had been friends forever. It was clear we had connected previously in another life and this made it very easy to communicate and learn from each other. Once again it was clear we had pre-organised the meeting in this lifetime.

It is important to note, that i do not believe these soul contract to be 100% life encompassing and that we still have an element of free will to deviate from our plans, but sooner or later our contracts will play out and allow us to develop and learn lessons in this life that we have yet to master in other lives!

I hope this makes sense and would love to hear other peoples opinions on this.
Old 04-09-2017, 03:24 PM
Master

The basic idea is that you make certain agreements just before birth as to how your life is to go . Certain things need to happen to clear karma , ect. Your guarding angles , higher self /masters , ect. help you along . Some believe this , others dont .
Old 04-09-2017, 03:27 PM
Master
Your thoughts on this essentially mirror my own....when we come into this world an outline of challenges we will face .....and people we are meant to meet and interact with is set out....

However we are free to react to these people and events as we choose... so while the path has been layed ...but the outcome is in our hands.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 05-09-2017, 08:00 AM
Pathfinder

Replying to both Desert Rat and Lucky 1, I think you both managed to explain it in a much simpler way than I managed too!

Glad to see others on a similar page to me!
Old 05-09-2017, 11:50 AM
Deactivated Account
Out of all things I am willing to believe, I don't think something along the lines of soul contracts is among them. Otherwise I wouldn't have made useless contracts with souls that turned out to be bad friends.
Old 05-09-2017, 02:06 PM
Master

Personaly I dont think its a contract as such . More a life plan , an agenda . a list of things to do . If there not done in one life time then 2 or more .
Old 06-09-2017, 08:56 AM
Master

Soul contracts exist as a basis for an incarnation, but they can be short ones or long and more complicated ones. Each has a purpose and often they can go unnoticed.

I don't dwell on them to much, only the ones that cause conflicts or blockages. Not all contracts will have rosy outcomes, and once people accept that they will understand the true nature of them. They are to help learn specific goals, and also to repay any karmic debt owed.
Old 06-09-2017, 11:36 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Out of all things I am willing to believe, I don't think something along the lines of soul contracts is among them. Otherwise I wouldn't have made useless contracts with souls that turned out to be bad friends.

This is kind of the point of Soul Contracts, to learn these lessons.

Can you think of what you learnt by having those bad friends?

I appreciate that this belief is not for everyone and i fully respect that :)
Old 06-09-2017, 11:53 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezmax
This is kind of the point of Soul Contracts, to learn these lessons.

Can you think of what you learnt by having those bad friends?

I appreciate that this belief is not for everyone and i fully respect that :)

In that case, it seems that whatever sadistic prick that shoved those lessons down my throat wants me to despise humanity. And he/she succeeded.
Old 06-09-2017, 12:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
In that case, it seems that whatever sadistic prick that shoved those lessons down my throat wants me to despise humanity. And he/she succeeded.

Perhaps the lesson was picking better friends. ....

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!