Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 13-01-2017, 02:30 PM
Master
Someone mentioned the Buddha and Dalai Lama and I'd love to comment.

The Dalai Lama is a very old and highly evolved soul. It probably took him many lifetimes just to receive that type of Environment and Familial upbringing where it allowed his mind to be fully engrossed on spiritual things.

A lot of who we are is dependent on our families, culture, upbringing, environment etc. It is because our Soul made a contract to experience certain things.

Do not be troubled if you are not receiving an answer. You are receiving answers, you just may be looking in the wrong places. Remember Psalms says, "Be still and know I am the Lord". Even if it is your own voice during meditation, if it is calm and still it is the Lord Within you as your voice, as your soul telling you the answer.

But you may have chosen certain things to learn from, certain parents, and environment for your Soul's growth. Not that you can not develop what the Lama has but he has it for a purpose and a reason in his lifetime. It will be very difficult to attain a level of enlightenment as he or Mother Teresa or Padre Pio have in recent times. It will be even harder as humanity grows more and more secular, technological, but the Interconnectedness can help with our spiritual growth.

Remember anytime you feel like Heaven or the Buddhas above are not hearing your prayers from the Summerland or whichever you call that blessed Blissful realm, there was a divine Bodhisattva from the highest realms who descended once and became an ordinary suffering person like us all. A person who knew what it was like not to receive answers, knew what it was like to be condemned, hated, labelled many things in life, even failed and made it no where and died at 30. His name was Jesus of Nazareth. Always reflect on his trials in Gethsemane and know that his whole human life was a Pattern for all of us to learn from along the spiritual journey where we are going and how suffering does not have the final say. The end of the road is Joy and Happiness.
Old 13-01-2017, 07:45 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
Someone mentioned the Buddha and Dalai Lama and I'd love to comment.

The Dalai Lama is a very old and highly evolved soul. It probably took him many lifetimes just to receive that type of Environment and Familial upbringing where it allowed his mind to be fully engrossed on spiritual things.

Not sure if it took many lifetimes for either to create their environment or be born into a family to fully engross themselves on spiritual things, asceticism ...
Most everyone leaves their family behind whether through marriage or other reasons ...
The difference is neither formed intimate attachments w/other people ...
They controlled their environment by choosing people who follow as well as do their footwork in caring for everyday issues including limiting involvement w/people ...
Both these factors freed up time to work on all things spiritual ...
Old 14-01-2017, 03:10 AM
Master
I'm just saying everything fell into place for someone like that to attain an enlightened state in that lifetime. I didn't mean whatever he cultivated later it was because of his environment.
Old 14-01-2017, 08:36 AM
Ascender

Favourite spiritual teachers

i like Ramana Maharshi, Adyashanti, Sri Nisargadatta, & Jaggi Vasudev.

i do also feel drawn to Jeshua, But Not in any kind of Biblical or Religious sense, But as a very human spiritual teacher/healer. & Siddhārtha Gautama, But again in a very human & non religious sense.

Advaita / nondual is something that i keep coming back to -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nondualism

The realisation of the Sacred/Divine Nature of all Life, the ideal of Compassion & Service to All. The idea that all the thousands of religions/sects/denominations, mythologies, pantheons, systems are like poorly drawn sketches & are all fingers pointing to the moon.

i'm also very interested in contemporary science, especially quantum & astrophysics.

What people & areas are other people drawn to here?
Old 14-01-2017, 08:48 AM
Ascender

'The spiritual journey does not consist of arriving at a new destination where a person gains what he did not have, or becomes what he is not. It consists in the dissipation of one's own ignorance concerning oneself and life, and the gradual growth of that understanding which begins the spiritual awakening. The finding of God is a coming to one's self.'

~ Aldous Huxley
Old 14-01-2017, 12:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Being
'The spiritual journey does not consist of arriving at a new destination where a person gains what he did not have, or becomes what he is not. It consists in the dissipation of one's own ignorance concerning oneself and life, and the gradual growth of that understanding which begins the spiritual awakening. The finding of God is a coming to one's self.'

~ Aldous Huxley

I had always admired Huxley in the past, but that just became reverence.
Old 14-01-2017, 01:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Being

~ Aldous Huxley

This also reminded me of something Rumi said:
I searched for God and found only myself. I searched for myself and found only God.
Old 14-01-2017, 01:41 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
This also reminded me of something Rumi said:
I searched for God and found only myself. I searched for myself and found only God.

http://www.mind-your-reality.com/universal_mind.html
Old 16-01-2017, 02:58 AM
Ascender

Cosmic Pantheism
Modern cosmology may rule out a personal God, but leaves open a broader conception of divinity.

http://cosmos.nautil.us/short/91/cosmic-pantheism

Neil Theise, M.D. - Complexity Theory & Panpsychism

https://vimeo.com/44013533

Fundamental awareness: A framework for integrating science, philosophy and metaphysics -

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4951167/

"The ontologic framework of Fundamental Awareness proposed here assumes that non-dual Awareness is foundational to the universe, not arising from the interactions or structures of higher level phenomena. The framework allows comparison and integration of views from the three investigative domains concerned with understanding the nature of consciousness: science, philosophy, and metaphysics. In this framework, Awareness is the underlying reality, not reducible to anything else."
Old 17-01-2017, 03:17 PM
Master

Hi Being,

The cessation or transcendence of cycles of reincarnation is possible - only one must incarnate to achieve it.

Therefore incarnation is a great blessing and opportunity (even if it occasionally seems otherwise!).

If one doesn’t incarnate - no problem - but, no opportunity either.

~ J