Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-10-2011, 09:36 PM
Master
Life is carrying itself. Why don’t you leave your burdens to life? But you cling. And when you cling to life, the fear of death arises. There is no death and there is no fear of death. Clinging to life creates the fear of death, and the fear of death creates death. Otherwise, there is no death and no fear. Osho
Old 16-10-2011, 01:46 AM
Morgana Rose

psychoslice, that is very insightful...
and to everyone else, thank you so much for your advice and insight :) i will try and put the advice into practice :)
Old 16-10-2011, 02:23 PM
mattie

Defining Fears More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgana Rose
... it is both really that i'm afraid of, the physical sensations and the unknown of what really lies beyond even though i have faith in what lies beyond....

What is it about the physical sensations of physical death that you’re having fear about?

Is a fear of going to hell part of the issue w/ what lies beyond physical death?

More information could be useful.
Old 17-10-2011, 09:05 AM
Morgana Rose

i don't think i believe in hell, i think i'm worried about the possible pain involved, what it feels like to just stop, no more breathing, heartbeat etc.
and yes i'm scared about what lies beyond life...
Old 17-10-2011, 09:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgana Rose
i don't think i believe in hell, i think i'm worried about the possible pain involved, what it feels like to just stop, no more breathing, heartbeat etc.
and yes i'm scared about what lies beyond life...
Live your life totally, and all the fear will disappear, hey, you already did it millions of time already, there is nothing to fear, its just life.
Old 17-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Master
" i think i'm worried about the possible pain involved, what it feels like to just stop, no more breathing, heartbeat etc."

Morgana Rose - it sounds like you are feared about the CAUSE of death, not death itself. Are you afraid of a wasting illness like cancer ? Is that it ?
I have had a "practice" dying having had complex heart surgery. I "died" for several hours being on a heart-lung machine and there was no pain what so ever in the stopping, not breathing, etc. One second I was "there", then I was not. Death can be like that.
Now I "stride the hedge" so death will be just crossing over and not coming back until it is time.
Old 17-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Tammy

I think everyone has a fear of dying, maybe not of death itself, but of the cause of death (how you die), i am not afraid of the afterlife...sounds quite pleasant (from what i have read)...and if it turns out to be false....then so be it. But i do also have the fear on How i am going to die.
Old 18-10-2011, 01:46 AM
Nightmare

If you fear the pain you should more fear to live with the pain.

You should accept the fact that the life will end. Your personality wont exist if the afterlife doesnt exist, and your personality wont exist if the afterlife exists.

Nobody can lie about what is the afterlife because nobody knows. Everyone just believes.
Old 26-10-2011, 04:42 AM
Greyeyes

My father died in 1998 and after he had been gone for about a month he visited my wife and I. He told us it was like walking threw a door. The hard part was the fear before it happened. When my mother's time came to go to the other side, my wife and I both heard her guides come for her. That was a real education for us both.
Old 26-10-2011, 05:31 AM
LadyImpreza1111

There might be a possibility that some of your intense fears stems from a past-life issue? Some of our phobias carry over from past lives.