Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 05-03-2012, 10:55 PM
Celeste

Theophilus, you could very well be right. Well, then how you can tell? Some even say the internet is the anti-Christ. The world is so tricky.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste
Theophilus, you could very well be right. Well, then how you can tell? Some even say the internet is the anti-Christ. The world is so tricky.

apparently you can trust no one, not even yourself. you can't trust what your heart tell you because the Bible says the heart lies and you can't trust what your mind tells you since the Bible says the mind is easily deceived. i guess you just have to go through life being suspicious of everyone's motives, including your own.

what a sad way to live.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Administrator
Hello

The World is what we choose to make it for ourself. What maybe we can not change is taht collective consciousness that takes us outside of what we feel. We are on a daily level bombarded with messages some that we see consciously and many more on that subconscious level . We see it we read it but we do not always know we have take it in.

We as humans all have that fear in us of being deceived and sadly at times maybe we are but too in that act there is a learning component we need to take in. There is always a lesson that we are given that is the path of true learning is being able to see the lessons there. Do we have to learn from them not always as we do so repeat the same old paths at times in life, but we too I feel grow some from the expereince.
We can all take any passage from any scripture and understand that on OUR level of what we feel it means there is I feel no right or wrong understanding.

We at times feel the Bible is a manual for us to follow I so feel its simply words on a page to inspire us to think for us. To walk as the best person in this life we can be, that does not mean we are going to be a good person on the socieity level. Nor maybe does that matter there is also a higer guidance with us our Soul that too has a path of learnign and growth to experience.

We can choose to be deceived and we can choose to deceive other's but the one path that reamins to me constand is that we are all "ONE" being of Light....we are all man.

Lynn
Old 06-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste
God has given us the Bible as the standard by which we can judge what is true and what is false. We should follow the example of the Bereans when Paul came to their city preaching the gospel.
Quote:
The brothers immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea, and when they arrived they went into the Jewish synagogue. Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.
(Acts 17:10-11 ESV)
Old 06-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
.....You mean that whole big long post was 'sarcasm'? Imb, sarcasm is usually short n sweet!

{maybe you should practice ~ one 'bite' ~ two at the very most}
~smiles~ you go grrl!!! (regarding all your interactions with the sarcasm king of Chicago.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine and D
The reason that I consider Satan is because that is what is taught in the Bible. According to the Christian teachings the devil is out there and he is capable of appearing as an angel of light to deceive people.
I had readings done for me, for which I am very grateful, I might add. The reason for seeking out information about the afterlife and what happens when we die is because I really want to know that one day I will see loved ones again when I pass on. I was curious and wanted to find out what other people thought.
I guess what Satan would want from me, if it is true about him. is the fact that he can coax me into going against Gods teachings in the Bible.....
It is also in the old testament that satan cannot do anything unless approved by god...in the story of Job if memory serves correctly.

Add to that, god allows people to be decieved if they don't follow\worship\believe him. - can't recall the specifics.
God actually gives a green light to satan to deceive god's children...go figure ~ shrugs shoulders~

What i don't understand is you consider the information in the bible about satan, to the point that you life is influenced, ie fear.
You have a certain level of belief of what the bible says about satan.
That you engage with mediums and such in order to verify life after death, chat to loved ones
bu the bible already has information regarding an afterlife and seeing one's loved ones.

If you believe, or seriously consider the information about satan, in the bible, why not the bible's information about afterlife and seeing loved ones?
You wanna know if there is an afterlife, this information is in the bible, the same book you believe the information about satan.
Old 23-03-2012, 08:08 PM
PathR

I believe your question is a valid one.

There are ways we as individual receivers can check to see if the medium
is valid not only by the message but the energy around the medium.

At a stage platform I put my feelers out and sense the energy.
I also watch balls of energy that move behind the person whom the
medium is speaking to. This is how I assess plus the message!

The reality breaks down when we as individuals go through a rough patch,
but feel or see a loved one that has crossed over. Some times this is in
dreams, or even while awake. With these personal touches from spirit,
we know that this mediumship is shining and true.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:38 AM
Ascender

Based upon my research which accounts for thousands of people regressed into past lives and the life in between lives state...there is no such thing as satan or demons. Some religions (which are man-made) decided to invent satan and demons in order to cause people to fear, which in turn gives the leaders of the religion more power and control.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:04 AM
Master

There would be a lot of con people that would say anything to get your money. There are those that are very convincing and you think they are telling the truth when they are lying. The mediums could be attracting demons if there is such a thing or low level spirits that love to deceive people. The author William Buhleim of astral projection books, says you no longer need to reply on mediums for information as you can get it yourself. It is much better to find out for yourself. Then you know for sure.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:04 AM
Archangel Ivory

Being aware of any form of deception without a getting attached to it, to me is a valuable asset when discussing issues like this. If you believe everything you hear and see and then questioning some things that dont make sense to you is perfectly normal... That's why you asked the question in the first place. It's always better to search and find things out by yourself? Firsthand without any middle man, intermediates. It's only by doing so that we know for sure that what we hear or see is in fact real. There are many questions that needs answers which many people blindly follow without questions.
Example, there was a link to a video that claimed that aliens are the same as fallen angels. They had their proof and whatnot about how it's true, it even got me thinking... Lol. But you just have to follow what you subtle, loving caring heart tells you, trust me it never lies.
Here's a question...
If Satan knows most things happening on earth, and I presume he knows the bible too... If so, it is predicted that he is going to lose! Big time!