Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Master
I do not accept that there is Good or Evil in the natural universe on any level. Good and Evil are human creations and it is in the human race where both Good and Evil lie. Good and Evil are part and parcel of intelligence and choice, and are learned responses. Any deceit originates, not in any "supernatural agency" but from within us.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:26 AM
dennisoc

Our dear Elaine gets her beliefs and culture from the King James bible. Dabble as she may in murder and fornication and witchcraft....she seeks only some consolation....maybe a shred of forgiveness...nothing anyone but her Savior can provide. Never will she be lead astray by the wiles of the most verbose hounds of hell ...baited ever so sweetly as you were. Say goodnight. There are bigger fish to fry.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Occultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
I do not accept that there is Good or Evil in the natural universe on any level. Good and Evil are human creations and it is in the human race where both Good and Evil lie. Good and Evil are part and parcel of intelligence and choice, and are learned responses. Any deceit originates, not in any "supernatural agency" but from within us.
<- for Norse
I would also like to point out that I find it a wee bit insulting to be told people with gifts that are helping others or just tools for Satan deceiving
the poor innocent Christian and maken them stumble or backslide or whatever you call it. Nobody is here to intentionally hurt you by readings.
Was the Prophets of the Bible evil or weaved deception?
Again I and many others do not believe in your devil so we can not be used as tools by something that we look at as nothing more then a pretend spoiled child having a temper tantrum. We arent the bad guys just cause we see things differently. Nobody is trying to steal your salvation through mediumship..
Old 06-01-2012, 12:25 AM
Master
o...m....g....

Seriously, I'm backtracking on this thread, reading backwards..to the front...I've not gotten very far, but when I had a spell or something and 'dabbled' in christianity for a bit....wow...I was never so disgusted with a religion and the people I encountered...but I have to thank them as well for bringing me to my senses that religion (for me at least) is a load of ****.

Now I should exit out of this thread because it brings back some revolting memories.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:24 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine and D
I would like to know if there is anybody that wonders the same thing as myself.
I love the thought that one day we will see our loved ones again and that they can speak to us through mediums etc.
But there is one question that constsntly niggles away at me. It is "What if what we are told about the afterlife and the messages we receive from our loved oned through mediums is all a deception of Satan and his demons".

Possibly the greatest deception of all is that we have a soul. I'm starting to wonder if this is not the most clever deception of the ego-mind. We fear death and cling to the belief that after death our identity goes on intact, or can be reincarnated (if one believes in reincarnation -- I don't want to digress but it's a bit silly, isn't it, this whole idea we conveniently "forget" our previous lives when we reincarnate?).

I say this as a Christian, by the way. I do believe in Satan and demons but in the way the gnostics meant it: these are thought forms of reality, designed to keep us trapped in reality/form, by confusing and deluding us into believing we are separate and have form. It's not "evil" if you consider that if we weren't trapped here by these thought delusions, there would be no "here."

Quote:
I have seen it asked befpre but the answers dont remove the doubt from my mind.
One answer was "But why would demons bring such words of comfort to us if they were deceiving us". Well that is exactly what they would do to us, they are out to lie and deceive us and to take us away from God.
Another answer was "Why would they do this, what can they gain from it". Their gain is to take as many with Satan and themselves as they possibly can and maybe people could end up in hell.
I dont mean to offend anybody with this question as it is a genuine fear and doubt I have.

Their gain is to keep you here, in this reality. In form and separateness. And, that's not necessarily a "bad" thing. In fact, it can be downright beautiful. All of this is the greatest expression of love and god. It is god manifested.

The only hell I believe in is the hell of your own individual making; it is not a function of an afterlife but of this life, if you choose to suffer rather than appreciate what a wonderful and beautiful playground this is.

Dispel your doubts and your fears. You are an eternal creature, with power and scope far beyond your wildest imaginations. You do not need to believe that the "you" that you know in this reality goes on as "you" after death. As for your loved ones? They never left you; they ARE you.

I think you are asking some really awesome questions, by the way. Recommend you explore Christian gnosticism.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
I don't want to digress but it's a bit silly, isn't it, this whole idea we conveniently "forget" our previous lives when we reincarnate?
Why is having a soul the greatest deception? It is the soul/spirit that is eternal or do you, SerpentQueen, think that you as you are now will be resurrected?

No, it is not silly. Suppose you do remember all your past lives. The burden of knowing all the hurt etc. you caused would be too heavy to carry.
People undergoing regression therapy sometimes block a part or parts of a past life because it is too painful and difficult to handle if surfaced.

Again there is the fear instilled in Christians. I would call that silly.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:11 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
Why is having a soul the greatest deception? It is the soul/spirit that is eternal or do you, SerpentQueen, think that you as you are now will be resurrected?

No, it is not silly. Suppose you do remember all your past lives. The burden of knowing all the hurt etc. you caused would be too heavy to carry.
People undergoing regression therapy sometimes block a part or parts of a past life because it is too painful and difficult to handle if surfaced.

Again there is the fear instilled in Christians. I would call that silly.

I want to preface this by saying that my intent here is not to make anyone feel defensive or attacked for their beliefs, but is it fair to disparage a Christian for having certain beliefs, when someone who believes in reincarnation has their own? Who can really judge which belief is better or worse? True versus not true? Silly or not silly? At the end of the day, both are just "beliefs" and that's that.

And ... yes, I apologize for using the word "silly." I should not have done that. I'm not perfect.

It's just that when I ponder the idea of reincarnation, it seems to me that it is a way to soothe over fears of losing one's self-identity after death. "It's okay... I reincarnate.... I come back again." Yet there is that little niggling issue that one "forgets" all their previous lives.

Yes, I hear what you are saying, you are saying people report recalling their past lives through regression therapies. I don't doubt these people are experiencing something that is "real" -- I am questioning whether it was a past life, and not simply an etheric memory that we ALL share, in some way or another. This would explain why two people might both claim to be the reincarnation of the same exact famous person -- which happens rather frequently, far as I can tell.

I have "memories" of being certain famous people but when I compare with others, and discover they ALSO believe they were the same exact famous people, well... that made me come around to the conclusion we are all just tapping into the archetypical stories deeply embedded in all of us.

I definitely think we all come from spirit and go back to spirit. Souls are described as waves on an ocean. I figure that once the wave gets tossled and mixed around in the ocean, it becomes just ocean.... no longer an individual wave...you cannot tell where one wave ends and another begins. Souls, while we are in form, exist, yes; they are separate. Once we go back to formless, we become part of uber-spirit, the ocean. Not individual souls.

This is my working theory at the moment; subject to change. I hold beliefs only as long as they serve me. When they no longer serve me, I put them down.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Bluegreen

SerpentQueen, I did not take offense at your use of silly because I realize that to many people the idea of reincarnation is ludicrous. No apologies were necessary.

The recall of past lives is always accompanied by deeply felt emotions. Joan Grant, who published a number of books which she said were remembered lives, wrote that after recalling the death of a favourite lion, "I caught myself listening for the thud of great paws,...It was nearly a fortnight before Joan's heart ceased grieving for Sekeeta's lion." Sekeeta was an earlier persona of Joan.

I would turn to a regression hypnotist first before I would even consider going to a psychiatrist.

There is a lot reincarnation explains to me. It taught me that there is no one, no God, to blame for bad things that happen to me because I am solely responsible.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:35 AM
vulkus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Just another way of saying you have no proof, either.

*shrug* those with faith ~ none of this proof is gonna matter anhoo.
You should be an interpreter/translator you seem to know what isn't known.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:26 AM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulkus
You should be an interpreter/translator you seem to know what isn't known.

Hmm. Maybe you're right! Idk how much it's saying for any of us to say our opinion is just as good as the next person's. *shrug*