Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-09-2016, 08:19 PM
Experiencer

Who has had hellish ndes and what were they like?

If anyone has had a hellish near death experience, then I have two questions that I need answered:

1.) Were you in the altered horrible mental states that can only be experienced in your nightmares? They say that ndes are altered mental states and I am wondering if it's those strange/horrible mental states that you experience only in dreams and nightmares or if it was instead like your normal waking life, but only with a few features added on such as hyper reality, out of body, etc.

2.) If I were to have a horrible emotional experience in a nightmare or if I were to experience some sort of horrible mental state in that nightmare, then it would be the worst experience. But if I were to experience that same emotion or mental state in my waking life just as I did in my nightmare, then it seems that I have power over it in my conscious state to where it would not impact me like it did in my nightmares.

Perhaps there are brain regions turned on during my conscious state that allow me to have some sort of resistance against those horrible feelings and mental states. So my question here is did you have this resistance against any horrible emotional experiences or mental states during your hellish nde?

I would assume that you would since people who have ndes are more conscious than waking reality. Or did those hellish emotional experiences/mental states impact you just like a nightmare would? Or did it have an even more impact than what a nightmare would?
Old 04-09-2016, 12:40 AM
Super Moderator
No I haven't had an NDE of any kind.
But I have had out of body experiences, and originally I had innocent ones, and they were interesting and enjoyable.
Then I experienced some terrible things.

Yet years later with a completely different mind-set, I experienced some truly beautiful things out of body.

So I think we are in charge of our own vibrational frequency. And it seems whatever frequency we are attuned to appears to be the nature of our experience. Sometimes that can be subconscious and can be fear-based. Not because anyone is 'that bad'!
However, I sense it will be very different when we finally pass from the body permanently. I think very few of us need to fear that! We will truly be going home.
Old 04-09-2016, 02:04 AM
Ascender

Trouble with these things is..and many will groan when I say this as I always say it - is that you cant rule out the brain creating all this

I def want to believe but that bloody brain keeps nagging away at me - literally LOL
Old 04-09-2016, 02:17 PM
Master

Welcome to the forum. I have not had any kind of n.d.e. There are some posted on you tube . I dont know how any one could prove any n.d.e. was real . I wounder if people that dont have hell as part of there belief system have hellish n.d.e.s
Old 07-09-2016, 02:36 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat
Welcome to the forum. I have not had any kind of n.d.e. There are some posted on you tube . I dont know how any one could prove any n.d.e. was real . I wounder if people that dont have hell as part of there belief system have hellish n.d.e.s

In regards to your question, as for myself I was an atheist who believed when you die you cease to exist when I had my NDE. My experience was wonderful...no hell. The research I've done on NDEs since has shown me that people that had NDEs that included a hellish experience were either very self centered people or those with self destructive issues, regardless of what their prior beliefs (or lack of) were. IOW, people whose utmost objective was themselves without regard for others.
Old 07-09-2016, 03:14 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat

The closest I can think of is Dr eben Alexander, a respected neurosurgeon, had an nde while in a coma on life support technically brain dead. He wrote a book explaining how he believes it was impossible for it to be dreaming as his brain was showing zero activity hence life support, I find this very interesting that a neurosurgeon who is an expert in his field of medical science believes 100 percent that he had an nde.