Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 22-05-2017, 03:57 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
^^^Emotions the true guide? It'll be a bad day for me if I let my emotions guide what I do and aim to become!
People's emotions can become awfully twisted and steer their behaviour into
dangerous waters at times.

I aim to control my emotions. They well needed taming. Spirit guides help direct me toward Self. Emotions don't.

I think you are right in many respects. Your reasoning is very good.

However, emotions don't need controlling.. they let us know what's right/wrong about the situation we're in. It's our actions/behaviour that needs taming.

Trying to put a humourous spin on this: If I see a beautiful lady walking down the street, I can still have that emotional response to seeing something appealing. I just need to stop looking if my wife is with me :P
Old 22-05-2017, 06:03 PM
Master

@Lorelyen it might be because you sometimes let your emotions control you rather than let them steer you. Happens sometimes Like I was not very fond of my mind when it was broken, now I find it much more appealing, and far better gets the hype haha...
Old 22-05-2017, 06:19 PM
Master
Speaking of emotions, my own intuitions are currently the biggest factor in my daily existence.

In fact I wonder why it is we feel we need guides as deciding factors in our lives? Or support?

I had but last week an entity which took the form of a visualization of one of my guides. I wonder how this is possible... but if I have learned anything from life, is that perhaps our possibilities are not limited.

Do I trust my own heart, spirit, and intuitions or do I trust a snake eyed entity knocking upon my door?

My heart tells me the choice is obvious, and my actions are a further indication of what I truly feel.

Emotions in themselves are not bad at not to me, it is how we utilize them, that matters. It is the choices we make in their regard.

At least it has always seemed that way to me.

The main guide I am currently attempting to work with comes to me in the image and form of a pharoh. He is not very simple to understand... I am not quite sure at times that I do.

Isn't it interesting how our life paths seem to unfold bit by bit? Sometimes we find a piece to the puzzle but it is in pieces that need arranging.

But as far as guidances go I will always trust my Heart, and God.
Those would be my main guides.
Old 23-05-2017, 01:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
^^^Emotions the true guide? It'll be a bad day for me if I let my emotions guide what I do and aim to become!
People's emotions can become awfully twisted and steer their behaviour into
dangerous waters at times.

I aim to control my emotions. They well needed taming. Spirit guides help direct me toward Self. Emotions don't.
I believe he's simply identifying the difference between higher-self understanding and interaction, versus lower-self behavior and ego expression.

Consciously utilizing the emotions as a guide, as opposed to unconscious and uncontrolled emotionalism.
Old 23-05-2017, 02:27 PM
Ascender

Hi SP, don't apologise for asking lots of questions, that's the whole point of a forum. I agree that the most important thing we can learn about it, is to trust our gut and own intuition.
My own guides don't communicate with me that much for this very reason. I have met a few of them though. I have had at least one that came for a time and had a loud presence so to speak.
But I haven't been at this communication with guides and such for long so I'm right there with you in wanting to better understand.

I communicate with the Higher Entities that talk to me more than my guides.
You don't happen to have tetenitis do you? Because I do and I read somewhere on this forum someone said something about listening to it as it's some type of community communication, I forget what section that was in or who said it, but I started to listen to it instead of block it out and last night I was listening to it and concentrating all my energy on my third eye and I had a telepathic conversation with a higher entity. It didn't get to last long though because I feel asleep. But I'm sure it was a higher entity, they are more of a dimensional being than a human, I think. Whereas, guides feel more like a human to me, closer anyway. So thank you to whoever said that, I think they are on to something.
Also, the other thing I have began to do, is concentrate all my energy on my third eye, especially when meditating or such. If I have extra energy somewhere else in my body I try to push it up to my third eye. I can def feel my third eye a lot more now, but the energies of other people is killing me, I need to better block that out.

Anyway, trust your intuition and like others said, do what your feel and that guides as just that. I also get these telepathic images and sometimes guides introduce themselves to me that way. One did that and I felt myself being pulled out of my body, but I didn't go.

You can't be afraid of the spirit realm if you're going to deal with it. But I do suggest having an understanding of what it is you are dealing with. Then there's no reason to be afraid. You sound like you're doing good, just keep going.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell"
Old 23-05-2017, 06:27 PM
Pathfinder

I would be perfectly fine if there were no such things as "spirit guides", if only my higher self, who of course has my best interest for me, would just make contact and guide me. Since he is me, he would know that I want true verbal
and visual contact, and no more of this beating around the bush. Perhaps he could show me things in my past lives that would guide me to be better in this one.

Side note: what exactly do we know about higher selves? Are they the culmination of all of our previous lives, waiting and guiding patiently in the subconscious? Or are they from the future, and have already ascended?
Old 23-05-2017, 09:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by stars
I would be perfectly fine if there were no such things as "spirit guides", if only my higher self, who of course has my best interest for me, would just make contact and guide me.

Awesome place to take this from because this is where emotions are of most importance. Higher self is the culmination of all that you have lived, thus it is everything you aspire to be, your greatest dreams, your hearts desires or what you want to call it. Your emotions tell you one thing only: whether you are in alignment with this higher self (or what you call it) perspective or not. When you feel good you are seeing life though the eyes of your inner being thus you are moving towards your higher self. So it is quite simple really, practice in every moment to lean towards a better feeling thought, and the universe (or whatever we call it) will respond in accordance.
Old 24-05-2017, 01:04 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stars
I would be perfectly fine if there were no such things as "spirit guides", if only my higher self, who of course has my best interest for me, would just make contact and guide me. Since he is me, he would know that I want true verbal
and visual contact, and no more of this beating around the bush. Perhaps he could show me things in my past lives that would guide me to be better in this one.

Side note: what exactly do we know about higher selves? Are they the culmination of all of our previous lives, waiting and guiding patiently in the subconscious? Or are they from the future, and have already ascended?
You're right in that the higher self is the culmination of all our previous lives, although the higher self exists outside of time (perceives all lives simultaneously), so this also includes your future lives. They cant strictly be understood as being from our future or having already ascended... it's a structure that was necessary for physical life to be experienced. The higher self is the true 'you', and it has separated aspects of itself out and placed them in the denser planes to learn and experience.