Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 29-05-2015, 02:41 PM
Knower

What is channeling?

Someone explain this to me, please and thank you!
Old 29-05-2015, 03:39 PM
Master
Hi,

Channeling is that form of telepathy(defined as a shared experience) where we connect with and obtain information from a highly evolved awareness. We usually channel what we consider are well known beings such as angels and/or guides. Yet there is just one all pervasive knowing which is shared by every being who carries God Awareness.

All the words we use for soul communication seem to have implied restrictions. A medium talks to spirits of departed humans and so forth. There are all those Clari(s) where the form of representation is voice, vision, knowing, etc. Channeling is the word most of us use to define conversations with spirit guides, angels, and that God presence within the self. I use the word telepathy for those conversations. The word channeling is just as appropriate.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 01-06-2015, 11:56 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241

...Channeling is the word most of us use to define conversations with spirit guides, angels, and that God presence within the self. I use the word telepathy for those conversations. The word channeling is just as appropriate.

John

I agree with that - or it's a low form of channeling.

When I was a teen and played with the Ouija board, my body would shake & go cold as the pointer flew around the board ...these days I don't use the board - I have used a pendulum and experience none of the chills or quaking. Not sure why the difference in my experience ...but I prefer not to have my body quake uncontrollably.
Old 02-06-2015, 03:41 PM
Everly

I see it differently and prefer the original definition of channeling, which is not the same as communication. I think using "channeling" to describe or define any psychic communication waters down the real meaning of it. I don't mean this to denigrate or diminish psychic communication at all, particularly since I do both. This is just to offer another perspective.

Here's a reasonable definition and description, along with additional information for comparison.

In general, I agree with most of the following excerpt. I don't think trance is necessary, only the willingness and ability to turn the "use" of one's body over to the
discarnate entity(-ies).

Excerpt:

Channeling

In the later half of the 20th century, Western mediumship developed in two different ways. One type involves psychics or sensitives who speak to spirits and then relay what they hear to their clients.

The other incarnation of non-physical mediumship is a form of channeling in which the channeler goes into a trance, or "leaves their body". He or she allows the entity to borrow his/her body, who then talks through them. When in a trance the medium seems to come under the control of another personality, purportedly the spirit of a departed soul, and a genuine medium undoubtedly believes the 'control' to be a spirit entity. While in the old deep trance state the medium often enters a cataleptic state marked by extreme rigidity, this seems not the case for most of modern channelers. Some of them open the eyes when channeling, smile and utilize any sort of glances and facial expressions. They can also walk and behave normally. The rhythm and the intonation of the voice may also change completely. A widely known channeler of this variety is J. Z. Knight, who channels the spirit of Ramtha, a 30 thousand-year-old man. Others claim to channel spirits from "future dimensions", ascended masters, or, in the case of the trance mediums of the Brahma Kumaris, God. Other notable channels are Jane Roberts for Seth, Esther Hicks for Abraham, Darryl Anka for Bashar, Steve Rother, Lee Carroll for Kryon, and Geoffrey Hoppe for Adamus Saint-Germain.
Old 02-06-2015, 04:41 PM
Deactivated Account

Channeling is allowing another entity into your body to differing extents to allow a communication through means such as automatic writing or talking. With telepathy you're allowing their thoughts to flow through you, it's a minor form of channeling. But there are also more intense versions, where you leave your body completely and allow the other full control. However that may become less common as the consciousness of humanity ascends.