Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 14-10-2013, 09:43 PM
Newbie ;)

How Can You Switch Bodies?

Does anyone here know how you can possess someone or switch bodies with them?

Me and my friend both want to temporarily switch bodies/possess each other, so this is completely consensual. I'm not trying to possess anyone without their permission.

People have mentioned the "silver cord" thing in replies to similar questions about body-switching, but I'm not entirely convinced that it exists. The astral body may have an almost "magnetic" attraction to its correct physical body, but I don't know if any actual "cord" exists. With astral projection you can travel anywhere in the universe - so why not simply into someone else's body? I'm also not entirely convinced that any actual "cord" exists because I have read about trong-jug yogis actually switching bodies with people, but there is very little information about how they did it out there. So it seems like this is definitely possible, I'm just lacking the knowledge.

My friend and I will both astral project at the same time, so our bodies will be vacant. We just don't know how to actually get inside each other's bodies after that.

If you know how to do this, I will be eternally grateful if you'd share this info!!!
Old 14-10-2013, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator
No I'm sorry. I wouldn't know how to do that, and have absolutely no experience of anything like it.
As for the "silver cord"....I have been out of body many times, but have never ever seen one, or felt one. Nor did I ever see one on a fellow astral-projector many years ago.
I wonder if the "silver cord" could be a possible symbol for our magnetic attraction to our physical bodies? I don't know that either, as some people do report seeing or even feeling them with their astral hands.
Old 14-10-2013, 10:34 PM
spirit72

I have also been out of body many times, and have never seen a cord...I think it's one of them things that get put out there, like Angels having wings, and before you know it word becomes gospel...
As for taking over your friends body, what do you want to do, reenact Freaky Friday..? As a psychic Medium, I can drop into others bodies and see what they are seeing and feel there emotions, but you can not control them, or walk in there shoes... If you can both astral project together that's special, more than many can manage ... I would be content with that and concentration in walking in your own shoes, as your life path is not hers to see or vise versa
Old 15-10-2013, 01:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threewhens
Even though it consensual, its carries a lot of risks. This is still an intrusion and causes a certain amount of trauma to both people. Also, allowing yourself to be entered shows other not so friendly beings the terms under which you will allow such a thing. This gives troublesome entities a big advantage in possessing you (against your will). They can be very convincing in posing as your friend and inviting themselves in.

Even though one is out of body, does not mean the body is "empty". In most forms of projection the projected portions are duplicated. One copy stays with the body (other is projected). The bulk of one's essence usually stays with the body.

Ignore the silver cord thing, its not going to help for this.

I sent you a Private Message which you can access fro the upper right corner of the screen.
Old 15-10-2013, 03:16 PM
Master

I found some you tube videos on switching bodies , but I did not go through them . I found a post on another forum , and your post over on astral pulse .
http://www.spellsofmagic.com/read_post.html?post=296953
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/we...-t43469.0.html
Old 15-10-2013, 08:33 PM
Master
Quote:

Me and my friend both want to temporarily switch bodies/possess each other, so this is completely consensual. I'm not trying to possess anyone without their permission.

People have mentioned the "silver cord" thing in replies to similar questions about body-switching, but I'm not entirely convinced that it exists. The astral body may have an almost "magnetic" attraction to its correct physical body, but I don't know if any actual "cord" exists. With astral projection you can travel anywhere in the universe - so why not simply into someone else's body? I'm also not entirely convinced that any actual "cord" exists because I have read about trong-jug yogis actually switching bodies with people, but there is very little information about how they did it out there. So it seems like this is definitely possible, I'm just lacking the knowledge.

My friend and I will both astral project at the same time, so our bodies will be vacant. We just don't know how to actually get inside each other's bodies after that.

If you know how to do this, I will be eternally grateful if you'd share this info!!!

I am pretty sure the silver cord only exists in the etheric body and not the astral. As far as entering someone else's physical body that is not going to be possible, and if it was possible you wouldn't be able to know you were in their body anyways. The physical body exists in a completely different dimension than the astral body, so even if you were able to occupy the same RTZ space that overlaps the physical space where their body is currently located it wouldn't be any different. If your consciousness is inside of your astral body then you're in a spiritual dimension, and if your consciousness is inside of your physical body you're in the physical dimension. Those two are not reversible and so there is absolutely no way to be in the physical dimension inside of a physical body while you're in your astral body.
Old 15-10-2013, 10:52 PM
sahaja

A slightly different angle here.

There is a sub-form of Phowa, (which originally meant movement) in texts is about moving into a corpse to inhabit it. Same principle though. I once read about yogis switching bodies to practice it.

In this form it's known by various terms: trongjug - grong hjug - grong'jug - drongjug
It's in some of the translations of Naropa's 6 Yogas. However, the ones I've read were apparently for yogis who did not have the capability of astral projection.

There are other forms of Phowa practices besides these. Consciousness sharing for instance is used within our Sangha for teaching and initiations. The Teacher - initiator creates a dream as a test which we experience and must react in specific way in order to pass the initiation. It obviously could also be used for mind control. For this and what's mentioned below about ejecting someone from their body it's easy to see why these practices are esoteric.

They've used the word transformation here instead of Phowa. Tumo is about the same as kundalini. Also required i would think would be the yoga of the illusory body, dream yoga - and/or astral projection.

From Esoteric Teachings of the Tibetan Tantra, by C.A. Musés.

According to Tantra there are three different teachings of the Transformation practices: the special Transformation Yoga; the Teaching of the self-mind (or soul) entering into another's corpse; and the teaching of expelling another's soul from his body so that one's consciousness may enter this body. All these three Transformation practices require, first, the capability of closing the nine gates by words; second, the mastery of Vase Breathing, by means of which all the pranas of different organs are gathered and entered into the Central Channel; third, the mastery of Tumo, whereby the small Ah-word of the red-element in the navel center is able to attract and hold the wisdom Hu? word (which is the rider of the subtle prana) at the Heart Center. This is said in the Tantras of Vajra Dakini and of Gdan-bzhi and in their common commentary Bhaba Bhad-ras; and in the Tantra of G’a-sbyor and its commentary, the Fruit-Bearing Pith-Instruction.

The Transformational Yoga, Chapter 9[/url]

http://www.sacred-texts.com/bud/ettt/ettt18.htm

Esoteric Teachings of the Tibetan Tantra, by C.A. Musés[/url]

http://www.sacred-texts.com/bud/ettt/index.htm

We were taught these 6-8 yogas or practices, more or less, as a group when i was in the Sangha. They are probably taught privately now between Lama and disciple. Assuming the Lamas know them. The Teacher cut short his discussion of consciousness sharing when i was there. I asked him about it at my next darshon and he said, "I'm not going to tell THEM that! Really esoteric. I already knew about it as i was born with it. I didn't even know anything about it until i accidentally got into and caused a lot of trouble with it. That's when i discovered it. I have mixed thoughts about these things being so esoteric they are not even known of amongst Tibetan Buddhists.
On the other hand, we were taught the basics of trongjug. Not as dangerous, i suppose, to either party as there is no one occupying a corpse.

The Phowa form of energy/consciousness looks like light. No astral body of any sort, but there is a relationship between Phowah (movement) and astral projection. Vibrational level or something?
Old 16-10-2013, 02:50 AM
Master

I have found more on another forum .
http://shopofenlightenment.com/forum...rue-t3923.html
http://shopofenlightenment.com/forum...ody-t1587.html
Old 16-10-2013, 06:07 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:

just wondering .... why you would want to do this in the first place ?

And, what happens if you find a way to do this .... and something happens and you cannot return to your own body ? have you thought about this possibility ?

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 16-10-2013, 10:39 AM
Dream Librarian

Simply project into each others bodies, don't think just do... there is no try Though there is certain depth to it that is valuable to understand before doing a full simultaneously projection. Maybe do some exercises where only one of you project into the other and then work from those experiences up to a full simultaneously projection.