Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 21-04-2012, 05:28 AM
Georgina

My sister saw my father's spirit. Why haven't I?

Hello all! I am writing because I am a little confused. Right after my sister gave birth to her first child, both her and my brother-in-law had had separate instances where they saw my father standing over my nieces crib looking down at her. My dad wasn't my sister's biological father, but she was closer to him than she was with her real dad. He passed away in 2006 and they they saw him in 2007. Now, what I'm confused about is why I haven't seen my father. Why would he just come to them? I would like to believe he would want to come and visit me too. Can spirits even choose who they visit, or is there a way I can summon him to come and visit me? It would give me great relief if anyone could provide some answers or explanations to my questions, and thanks for taking the time to read my post!

- Georgina
Old 21-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Administrator
Hey Georgina.

The same thing happened to a friend of mine, she had her first child her husband was working nights, i was there at the time we hear noises over the baby moniter
i said to my friend your dad has come to see the baby. it frightened her a bit but once i explained things to her she was ok,
i saw her a couple of days later and she told me that she woke to see her dad looking over the crib,he turned to her smiled and went, her sister a couple of weeks later was diagnosed with cancer. she asked me why she hasnt seen her dad as her sister had, i told her that he did watch over her but didnt want to show himself because of the illness it would have been to much for her. he did look over both daughters but the one who was fighting the illness was failing when i went to see her with my friend, her dad was standing at the side of the bed,
i told her her dad was there she put her hand out. and she felt him holding her hand. because you didnt see your dad doesnt mean you wont. ask him to come to you in your dreams.

Namaste
Old 24-04-2012, 06:50 AM
Knower

Spirits can choose who they visit. He may not have visited you because you may not have needed him like the others did. Or it's possible he has visited you and you just didn't know it because either a) he didn't want you to see him, b) you aren't 'tuned in' enough to see him, or c) you're not ready to see him. Spirits usually only intervene in the lives of the living if they've been invited to do so. It's obvious why he was visiting the baby, as children are still fresh from the Other Side and often maintain ability to see the supernatural. He looks over her now, and I'm positive he looks over you too. If he hasn't manifested for you there's a reason for it. Keep in mind that while we all possess the ability to communicate with the dead, one sense might be more developed than another. For instance, you may randomly get a whiff of his cologne but you don't hear or see anything, though you know it's him. There are other forms of communication besides seeing that should not be overlooked. I'm a strong believer in dream communication; I suggest you find a good guided meditation in the Meditation thread or Google it. You won't see his apparition, he'll be in your mind's eye. The only advice I have for once you are able to visualize him with the meditation, is to just go with it; don't doubt yourself or chalk it up to your imagination. If you wake up when it is over, write it all down. Do this night after night for practice and you're line of communication should open up fairly quickly. Any questions let me know.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgina
Hello all! I am writing because I am a little confused. Right after my sister gave birth to her first child, both her and my brother-in-law had had separate instances where they saw my father standing over my nieces crib looking down at her. My dad wasn't my sister's biological father, but she was closer to him than she was with her real dad. He passed away in 2006 and they they saw him in 2007. Now, what I'm confused about is why I haven't seen my father. Why would he just come to them? I would like to believe he would want to come and visit me too. Can spirits even choose who they visit, or is there a way I can summon him to come and visit me? It would give me great relief if anyone could provide some answers or explanations to my questions, and thanks for taking the time to read my post!

- Georgina
maybe you just havent opened up to the gift yet.. unfortunately it doesnt happen at a set time..
then another factor will be did her father's side hold the gift..
Wishing you the best!

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 15-05-2012, 04:50 PM
RoundTower

Right after Mom died my brother says he saw her, but he is known for exaggerating things so who knows! I do know I smelled her perfume in the living room, I didn't even own a bottle of it myself. I have dreams of her very often, but wish I didn't. We weren't on good terms.
Old 16-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Master
RoundTower maybe she's trying to reach out to you as she is sorry for her treatment of you?

When my father in law passed away, I couldn't attend his funeral as I had just had my daughter (he passed away 3 days after she was born) and we were both home with the flu. (she ended up having to go to the hospital and I stayed with her) anyway... I couldn't go to the funeral and that evening, well, late at night, I was feeding my daughter and sitting in a rocking chair in the upstairs landing when I heard this horrendous bang from the wall downstairs at the end of the stairs. My blood ran cold from the sound of it, and the echoing from the inside of the wall. The echoing sound traveled up the wall. Really scared the life out of me...I froze and watched to see what was coming up...I saw nothing, but when it reached the top of the stairs (the sound...it was moving sound coming up and closer)... I was staring and watching and I heard "Lee" (his nickname) in my mind and peace came over me, and I honestly had no doubt that it was my father in law coming to see me and his new granddaughter, since we couldn't say goodbye with everyone else.

A couple weeks later, if that, I dreamed about him. he was calling my name and in my dream I felt like I woke up and I turned and saw him. I said hi lee! and said I couldn't believe I am seeing him as he's dead lol...I wanted to see him before he died. He said he knew this and he wanted to see me and let me have that closure and goodbye. I can't remember exact words now, but it was interesting...my ex was upset because he didn't get any dreams or visits...

I had elderly neighbors who I tended to and they became really fond of me and my kids. They had no kids of their own. When the Mrs. passed away, I smelled her smell on the top of my stairs. it's funny because she would come over and I wanted to be able to get her upstairs and bathe her, but never could as she couldn't get up the stairs...but the smell of her (very bad body odor) was upstairs in front of the bathroom, as though to let me know she got up there and was ready for her bath now lol.

When her husband passed away, my lights would go on and off and some bulbs would shatter. I felt a slap on my back in the shower ...I told him he had to knock it off as I couldn't afford the lightbulbs and I didn'[t want him in the shower with me. lol. We used to talk before he died about the afterlife. He said when you are dead, you are dead. I disagreed. We'd have great conversations on the matter. I said well, I'll be expecting to hear from you when your time comes to prove that i was right Hahaha...he did. :-)