Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

View Poll Results: I am..
Left handed 6 24.00%
Right handed 13 52.00%
Ambidextrous 6 24.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-03-2019, 12:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemongrass_
Hello Altair, this is an interesting thread... it would be nice to hear from others about their spiritual perspective on this, if any. And more stories on being a lefty, a righty or being an ambi would be really great as well.

much love,
lemongrass
Thanks.
I honestly have no idea since I'm a leftie in all things and don't know any better. I practice yoga and I've heard and read the left part of the body is yin whereas the right part is yang. I have always been more of a yin person. I'm certain many right handed people are as well so I don't think there's necessarily a relation but I thought it was interesting how it keeps coming back to me with everything in life and spirituality.
Old 17-05-2019, 09:41 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Are you left, right, or ambi..?

And what is your spiritual perspective on the variety in handedness?

((Please only pick the latter if you truly have no preference..))

I don't think it has anything to do with spirit. It has to do with how your brain is wired, physical. I am mostly ambidextrous though I use my right hand for a lot of find motor skills tasks like writing (I did practice left handed when I was a kid). I may be a lefty that was forced to be a righty because both my dad and first teacher insisted I use my right hand when they caught me using my left. Gross motor skills are left handed for me, I have more strength in my left arm and hand.

I don't know why my dad forced me to use my right hand but I know my teacher was superstitious and thought left handed people were evil or something was wrong with them.
Old 18-05-2019, 01:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHairedWoman
I don't think it has anything to do with spirit. It has to do with how your brain is wired, physical. I am mostly ambidextrous though I use my right hand for a lot of find motor skills tasks like writing (I did practice left handed when I was a kid). I may be a lefty that was forced to be a righty because both my dad and first teacher insisted I use my right hand when they caught me using my left. Gross motor skills are left handed for me, I have more strength in my left arm and hand.

I don't know why my dad forced me to use my right hand but I know my teacher was superstitious and thought left handed people were evil or something was wrong with them.

If you are stronger in the left hand and were forced to write with the right hand than aren't you a left handed person. You seem confused over what happened to you. You've been groomed into the cult of normality and now you are in the clutches of their safe and predictable world. But it may not be too late for you yet. Practice left handed writing. Reclaim the might and the magic that is in you..

Old 18-05-2019, 09:13 PM
Master

I am predominantly left handed tho I do complete certain jestures with my right.

Dominant right hand is ruled by the left brain whose traits are, logic, intelligence, analysis and objectivity.

Dominant left hand is ruled by the right hemisphere of the brain responsible for creativity, emotion and intuitiveness.

So it's a no-brainer.
Old 19-05-2019, 07:16 AM
Master
I don't think so Linen. Both ''sides'' are rather strong in me. The brain also isn't separable in two such pieces..

More: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0071275

And even as a metaphor.. as in intuition vs. logic, emotion vs. reason it's not that useful..
There's plenty of tasks, especially in skilled jobs, that require both logic and intuitive thinking..
Old 19-05-2019, 12:53 PM
Master
I am left handed, write with my right because I had to as a child.
Tried to go back to writing left, but let go of it, to difficult.
Old 20-05-2019, 01:34 AM
Knower
Right-handed.

I agree with those who say EVERYTHING is spiritual. As far as the different hemispheres of the brain though, I believe logic versus creativity is a false dichotomy.

"The universe is random. Not inevitable. It's simple chaos." -- Walter White

"Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -- Albus Dumbledore
Old 07-06-2019, 01:49 AM
Master
I am mostly left-handed as far as writing. ...throwing a ball.....eating ......

But I'm am also cross eye dominate (right eyed) and have always shot a bow or gun right handed.

As a kid when I was first learning to shoot both a bow and a gun.......my inclination was to shoot left handed as I am left-handed. ......but I could not see through a guns sights till I switched to shooting right-hand. ......and shooting a bow left-hand I couldn't hit the inside of a barn!
Right-handed though I'm a crack shot....its really kinda weird!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 07-06-2019, 04:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Are you left, right, or ambi..?

And what is your spiritual perspective on the variety in handedness?

((Please only pick the latter if you truly have no preference..))

In most of the things I do, I'm ambidextrous. In a pinch, I can write with my left hand but the writing looks childish as another said but that can change with practice. When I used a mouse at work, I'd switch hands when one became a bit tired.

I read a book (I think I have it) about magic. The author explained what a power hand and a receiving hand are. The power hand is the one you write with and is used for sending energy. So if you're right handed, that's your power hand which you'd hold, and use, wands, etc with. The receiving hand is for bringing energy towards you. If you're ambidextrous, then you have to decide which hand is for what and dedicate them for how you handle energy. Basically, one hand sends energy and the other receives energy.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 14-06-2019, 02:25 AM
Pathfinder
both. both.