Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 14-12-2018, 09:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioRising
Could you give me some examples? If it's not too much of trouble..
There are many..
Meditation.. inducing a thoughtless state with body and mind relaxed is generally seen as 'the' tool, usually people sit either cross legged or in sivasana. But much depends on the individual. Some people told me they experience spirituality and visions during physical activity! Then there's powerful breathing exercises you could do repeatedly for a couple of minutes. Anything can happen with these practices.. you can see chakras, colours, have visions, feel electrified, bliss, and so forth. But give it time and don't expect too much, just do it for fun and because it makes you feel better! Then there are also mantras you could chant repeatedly. Also, you may want to write down your dreams and practice awareness in dreams. You may just find yourself actually going back to your body.

Being practical about this is one of the best things you can do in your life! I wish you the best.
Old 15-12-2018, 07:23 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
There are many..
Meditation.. inducing a thoughtless state with body and mind relaxed is generally seen as 'the' tool, usually people sit either cross legged or in sivasana. But much depends on the individual. Some people told me they experience spirituality and visions during physical activity! Then there's powerful breathing exercises you could do repeatedly for a couple of minutes. Anything can happen with these practices.. you can see chakras, colours, have visions, feel electrified, bliss, and so forth. But give it time and don't expect too much, just do it for fun and because it makes you feel better! Then there are also mantras you could chant repeatedly. Also, you may want to write down your dreams and practice awareness in dreams. You may just find yourself actually going back to your body.

Being practical about this is one of the best things you can do in your life! I wish you the best.

Thanks!
Old 23-01-2019, 06:46 PM
Newbie ;)

This is a great question and there are some great replies.

Based on my experiences I have come to the conclusion that most of what people call astral projection is basically a lucid dream, at best. I have projected hundreds of times and I did a series of experiments in order to prove OBE status -- things like reading a random playing card set up high somewhere so I could not see it as I was walking around the house in the waking, physical state. What I found was that during AP the card would morph as I looked at it. Also, it would multiply into many cards in my hand if I picked it up.

Eventually I reduced the sampling to just the face cards because I noticed that my hit rate on colors and symbols was much higher than reading the exact number. I could score correctly on the Jack of Diamonds way better than something like the Five of Clubs.
The quality of clarity and the reality quotient was varying constantly... like a dream.

I am still okay with people saying, "I know I am leaving my body because that is what it feels like" because I have said the same thing. I really do 'feel' a body getting up and floating around. But I recognize the issues others have brought up and it is a valid concern. Increasing the accuracy of observation is a challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David mc
I myself have never had an OBE so it's hard for me to comprehend what they are,but from a skeptical point of view how do we know there not just created by the brain.your views very welcome
Old 23-01-2019, 07:20 PM

I have described process in topic: "OBE/Astral Projection Wannabe"

You cant mistake it with anything else. Than you could also say that writing this post is a dream (and you would be right but I wont mess with that ... now).
Old 23-01-2019, 11:16 PM
Newbie ;)

When people insist that it can't be mistaken for anything else I am tempted to ask, "How many times have you AP'ed?"

Back when I first got started I was definitely in agreement with this sentiment. I believed it was not a dream at all.

After a few dozen projections I began to notice a lot of similarities with the dream state. Not all dreams are created equal and not all "Projections of Consciousness" are created equal. As some have observed here it is a continuum and there is undeniable overlap.

If you can leave your body and go to a distant location and bring back information later verified as being true for that place and time there are a LOT of scientists who would love to get you in their lab. It has to be "double blind" type info too. You can't project to London at midnight GMT and come back with a report that both the big hand and little hand on Big Ben were on "12" and say that proves anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer
I have described process in topic: "OBE/Astral Projection Wannabe"

You cant mistake it with anything else. Than you could also say that writing this post is a dream (and you would be right but I wont mess with that ... now).
Old 24-01-2019, 04:36 AM

If you can leave your body and go to a distant location and bring back information later verified as being true for that place and time there are a LOT of scientists who would love to get you in their lab.

When you leave your physical body and have OBE you leave your ego behind. No egoistic agenda will work during OBE. You wont be an secret agent spying on people etc. Egoism goes away with physical body and so your missions to prove something to anyone. When you die you wont need to prove something to anyone.
Old 24-01-2019, 04:36 AM

If you can leave your body and go to a distant location and bring back information later verified as being true for that place and time there are a LOT of scientists who would love to get you in their lab.

When you leave your physical body and have OBE you leave your ego behind. No egoistic agenda will work during OBE. You wont be an secret agent spying on people etc. Egoism goes away with physical body and so your missions to prove something to anyone. When you die you wont need to prove something to anyone.
Old 24-01-2019, 05:42 AM
Administrator
Hello

Its that inner knowing that is out side the logic center of the brain, its that gut feeling or intuition that is free from consciousness. Its a vibration where you feel that there has been an event or travel happen.

I spent a week in a sleep study where the brain was mapped. When you step out your not using any "thinking" part of the brain in doing it.

At times how you know is by how others might see you, example in school I was told that I looked to be daydreaming staring out the window in to space and not seeming to be following the lesson. When called on, I would take a second to re enter, ground and then I would rely where the lesson was at to the letter. I was there with the lesson but part of me was travelling.

I had that blank stare look, so I was on some level out of the room so to speak. When I am doing a reading for someone, like I did on site here for the Year A Head Readings, a friend told me that I was "gone looking" as I sat and typed but still was able to carry on a conversation with her. She said it was quite freeky actually to watch me. I was in to spaces at once.

Lynn
Old 24-01-2019, 06:18 AM

I can speak only from my own experience. And what I experienced (not seeing but being there) can not be mistaken as dream. But explaining to others this experience is like telling blind people who has never seen anything but darkness how sea looks like in a clear blue sky. Its useless.
Well but I proved with facts to my wife (that time my girlefriend) when I send her SMS that we will have son who I just met in soulplane (other story about that other time). Of course at that time we were not planning such event when you are 22 but anyway happened what I knew. And I also had some other experiences that for me is enough to know whats going on. For others - actually its better to know less sometimes. But its not tht much about knowing than experiencing. In a dream you are watching in OBE you are participating as real as here right now.
Old 25-01-2019, 05:12 AM
Newbie ;)

I think you and I have a different understanding of the vocabulary here. I have dreams where I am watching almost like watching a movie on a screen. Most of the time though, when I am dreaming I am participating fully, with widely varying degrees of 'realness'. If it is happening while I am lying down and sleeping I pretty much call it a dream. If I am lucid I call it a lucid dream. If I am trying to project and I feel myself float out of my body I call it an an OBE -- but I admit that many OBEs are very dreamlike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer
I can speak only from my own experience. [....]In a dream you are watching in OBE you are participating as real as here right now.