Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 03-04-2011, 01:49 PM
glenos

I aint never heard of anyone who for example trumps Silver Birch and the wisdom he has given, either of this earth or not.

G
Old 04-04-2011, 03:40 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
I aint never heard of anyone who for example trumps Silver Birch and the wisdom he has given, either of this earth or not.
I do some research and the first thing I find is:
Quote:
Anyone who has not read the works of Silver Birch is not educated in the ways of the spirit
Nice, eh? Now let's be accurate here, it is really Maurice Barnabell's work we are talking about and not Silver Birch's. Silver Birch is dead for over 3000 years. Why can't the mediums take responsibility for their work? Even if they channel in a trance state it is their work!
Old 04-04-2011, 05:47 AM
glenos

A wonderfully nice, and infact super accurate statement.
Maurice Barbanell (lets be accurate here) was the instrument. I dare say he did take responsibility for his work but not actually meeting him I cant say what he would have said about it. As for Silver Birch being "dead" for 3000 years.., he's done great work for someone who is "dead" dont you think?

G
Old 04-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Sungirl

pre-dawn, I haven't studied Silver Birch at all and am personally a bit annoyed that someone would state that his truth is something that all must study to be considered spiritual.

That in itself turns me off of reading the information channeled from him. I accept that it probably wasn't SB that said that so it shouldn't deminish how i view him.... but whoever did say that is a bit of a numpty imho
Old 04-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Master
Channeled messages are like anything else in the world.

You read a book at random off a shelf, it might be good or it might not.

You hire a plumber to do some work on your house, he might know what he is doing and he might not.

Over time we learn to choose good books over bad books and hire good plumbers over imcompetent ones. We learn tricks and guidelines and to take the advice of people who we trust.

Psychics and mediums are the same. I was at a holistic fair recently and saw the whole range from outright charlatans to unwitting incompetents. There was even a lady there who I think was possessed. But as I looked past all the smoke and mirrors, I did see some genuine readers, if only one or two.

Ultimately it is up to you to decide how genuine you feel someone is. I agree with the person or people who said listen and take what empowers you. If it feels like a restricting idea or like it doesn't resonate with you, forget it. Trust yourself to know what is true, then you really don't need psychics or channeled messages at all.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Administrator
Hello

Like all things man can do there are always one's that will seek to have false profits from that. There are true channels and true channeled messages. There too are one's that are just the author's SELF written words.

HOW to prove it well there be no real true way, unless one is hooked up to a machine that reads the brain activity. When one is in the TRUE trance state of Chanelling one is not using the conscious thinking part of the brain, but the part that processes information.

As one the does channel I know full well what I am getting is NOT FROM ME, as I trust in the self I be an in the interitty of that person I be. Too I seek no profit from any of the work I do, I am simply the one put forth to receiv e the information and to profit from "gifts" I never asked for in life feels wrong.

I well could have and was given the great opportunity to work with whom I be and to have that "fame" if that is what I so sought in life. I did not want that. I still do not want that. As I do more public speaking I am putting me out there more and more. First and formost I trust in whom I am and do not let EGO rule me.

I would NEVER go to say one is possessed, or do I ever go to give out any information in readings that is NOT for one's higher and greater good. I work on compassions and on TRUST above all else.

What a Medium or Psychic reader can do for one is the same as one's Guides do for one assist in opening some doors that are maybe blocked from view. They are never to be taken as that TRUTH in all and if one claims to be that truth sayer then I would be putting up me walls and questioning their higher good.

I go to a Psycic reader and while she said to be the VERY first time I went to her I so did not NEED her, as I know all that I seek in me already, I made it clear all I seek was validations is all. The money factor was a non factor. In her saying that and having that concren for me I knew I found a GOOD one.

To put all in one basket and say one is all rotten apples is not right. There are good and bad in all of man. More it is better to walk a path of an open mind and embrace that we do not have to beleive in the same as the one next to us but we can respect their feelings on truths.

Lynn

Ones that have had readings from me I feel will have got that "Higher Good" .
Old 05-04-2011, 08:16 AM
Experiencer
Quote: Anyone who has not read the works of Silver Birch is not educated in the ways of the spirit

Pre-Dawn and Tilia I am with you on my reaction to this kind of statement.

In one sweeping statement it invalidates every other teaching in the ways of spirit and claim to be the only one of value. Really? I will have to decline accepting that claim, I will stick with teachings that validate other truths as well rather than trying to convince that they are the ONE and ONLY way.

I say phhhbbbbttt to that!

Love and Light
Old 05-04-2011, 08:21 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
It shall forever remain a mystery to me why we would want to listen to dead masters when we have almost any number of living ones amongst us. They speak to us through different media, and with a little bit of effort at least some of them will allow us to engage them in a conversation. Why would anybody prefer channeling to that?

I listen to those with positive intent and seeking to empower others rather than empower only themselves whoever they might be, physically incarnated or not. I do find though that there are some channelings that because of their expanded perspective can make certain ideas easier to grasp and understand for me.

The most helpful sharings I have heard have been from a channeled entity but if someone living had similar messages and made me laugh as much I would be more than happy to interact with them as well.

Love and Light
Old 05-04-2011, 01:47 PM
LadyB.

"The most helpful sharings I have heard have been from a channeled entity but if someone living had similar messages and made me laugh as much I would be more than happy to interact with them as well."

Yes, I am there with you on that one Gentle Strength!

LB
X