Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 22-03-2019, 05:48 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Just imagine how the world would change if God would speak quite clearly to all of the 8 billion Earth inhabitants at the same time and say something like this: On the 2nd of May this year the sun will appear in the sky as always but it will be green. It will stay green for one complete turn of the planet so that everyone can see it and so know, following my words to you all, that I am.

This would be no skin off God's nose and would allow us to get on with things. And as we also know changing the colour of the sun for a day would be easy, requiring only a miracle, of which there are many in the Bible, so having a decisive miracle 2000 years later could only be positive.

This would solve quite a number of obvious problems and we wouldn't be requested 'to believe', something which has caused and still causes friction and has no point anyway. Instead of believing (in whatever) we'd KNOW.

Then we could live our lives accordingly without fighting among ourselves as to who is right. Let's get rid of all 'beliefs', all superstitions, all religious traditions, all church buildings, all professional preachers, all funny clothes, hats, bishops and popes and their ilk - in fact let's rid ourselves of the whole pot and be able to look God directly in the eye.

Why should he/she/it want it to be otherwise.?????

I believe God/Source does speak to all at all times in the same voice clearly.

Just imagine if all Humans would drop
their ego clothes
and BE exposed
to receive that voice.
There really is no choice.

^ ^ ^^^
Old 23-03-2019, 03:08 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Total absorption of attention
at any vibration of selection ...
How do you come up with these things....

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-03-2019, 04:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
How do you come up with these things....

Am inept, so spoon fed

Old 23-03-2019, 11:17 AM
Deactivated Account

I read or heard somewhere that God is all of us, he moves so swiftly he can be in all places at all times in any condition just because he wanted to Experience everything that he knows to be. So if he revealed himself to us the game would be over, we would know there is only I. So don't think he will be revealing him/her/itself anytime soon
Old 01-04-2019, 09:17 PM
Guide
Quote:
Just imagine how the world would change if God would speak quite clearly to all of the 8 billion Earth inhabitants at the same time and say something like this: On the 2nd of May this year the sun will appear in the sky as always but it will be green. It will stay green for one complete turn of the planet so that everyone can see it and so know, following my words to you all, that I am.

This would be no skin off God's nose and would allow us to get on with things. And as we also know changing the colour of the sun for a day would be easy, requiring only a miracle, of which there are many in the Bible, so having a decisive miracle 2000 years later could only be positive.

This would solve quite a number of obvious problems and we wouldn't be requested 'to believe', something which has caused and still causes friction and has no point anyway. Instead of believing (in whatever) we'd KNOW.

Then we could live our lives accordingly without fighting among ourselves as to who is right. Let's get rid of all 'beliefs', all superstitions, all religious traditions, all church buildings, all professional preachers, all funny clothes, hats, bishops and popes and their ilk - in fact let's rid ourselves of the whole pot and be able to look God directly in the eye.

Why should he/she/it want it to be otherwise.?????

LOL, it would solve nothing. There would be dissension about the meaning of the green sun, or how it fit in each groups belief system. Just live your life as you know or think god would expect and forget about proof or other's beliefs.

Besides, if you keep god so small as to be a "person" you will never hear nor see god.
Old 02-04-2019, 04:05 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
But you're seeing God as an outside, personified force/energy/being.
What would you expect God to do?

The Abrahamic religions have different views on who and what God is
and through that most of the troubles of the world have erupted.
"My God is true, yours isn't." sort of thing.

To the Gnostic, God is within us, showing us what we should do, if we're
willing to see. The God of the Bible is a demiurge who tried to seize power
from the true Creator. That's where things have gone wrong.

This is a pretty open ended statement.(the part bold and underlined)
Do you mind expanding on this?
For there are many deities in the Bible.
Thanks.
Old 02-04-2019, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHairedWoman
LOL, it would solve nothing. There would be dissension ...

I agree....dissension, confusion and forgetfulness...later interpretations, intellectual speculations
and on it goes...then you'd have the Green Sun Church, the Sisters of the Green Sun,
the Order of the Green Sun ....and so on.
No, we are to come to God, acknowledge God just as it is...unfolding in each indiv heart.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-04-2019, 07:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I agree....dissension, confusion and forgetfulness...later interpretations, intellectual speculations
and on it goes...then you'd have the Green Sun Church, the Sisters of the Green Sun,
the Order of the Green Sun ....and so on.
No, we are to come to God, acknowledge God just as it is...unfolding in each indiv heart.

I like it.

And I cannot help thinking about The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut, where the hero establishes The Church of God the Utterly Indifferent to unite humanity after a Martian invasion.

Peace.
Old 05-04-2019, 02:08 PM
Master
Logic 101:

If what one thinks of as word 'God' is real, then one should be able to 'see' or at least 'sense' (such God) if one simply pays looks around and pays attention.

Unless, of course, what one thinks of as 'God' is a thang that like to play a game of 'Hide and Seek' in which he.she.or.it is never 'found' by those who 'seek' her.him.or.it.

What kind of 'God' would that be? Hmmm?

Here's a description, with associated logic, of what someone thinks of as 'God' which I came acros and thought some here might also enjoy contemplating:

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/wakeup...n-of-god-ever/
Old 05-04-2019, 03:27 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Some religions would declare the God that turned the sun green as theirs and believe in their own omnipotence through association. Others would declare God as the devil, because only the devil would do something like that - God is about faith, not proof. The atheists would say it's a terrible colour of green and it doesn't go with their curtains - my curtains are lilac. Some conspiracy theorists would blame it on the Illuminati while others would blame it on NASA trying to trick everybody. The fighting would only be a lot worse because God became a little more tangible. Martial law would be declared and the missile silos would be made ready for the imminent alien attack.

Not everybody is going to believe empirical evidence in God's existence or non-existence anyway for the same reasons as this is post #481.