Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-03-2019, 03:49 PM
Ascender
......triple....
Old 23-03-2019, 09:12 PM
Suspended

Animals are amazing,i'm more upset when an animal passes away than a human.

My dog i have now,i have no doubt in my mind that he is my angel guide.

He has been with me on this up and down spiritual journey to where i am now and is getting much needed love and rest.

He's taught me a lot.
Old 23-03-2019, 10:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziusudra
Yes, I had.
1st with my cat. - She was my very 1st pet of my own as an adult.
I did not have any plan for adopting a pet, let alone having a live plant at that time and had not owned a pet since family pets in my childhood.
We did not have cats, just dogs so I was not familiar with cats at all.

One Sunday morning 25yrs ago, as I was enjoying my morning coffee and Sunday newspaper, I saw an ad for Himalayan kittens. I didn't even know anything about Himalayan kitties and didn't even know how they looked like.
Somehow I was drawn to it. I called the breeder who was 1hr away.
I am not an impulsive person when it comes to such big decisions.
I drove there on the same day.

The breeder handed me 1st kitten. This 1st kitten hissed and struggled in my arm. I immediately handed back this kitten and I was so disappointed.
So, breeder handed me 2nd kitten.
This little one calmly snuggled up to me in my arms. Then she turned her head and looked up straight into my eyes. And it was magical.
The breeder just said "yep, she is the one for you"

Although I was completely unprepared and not planed for a pet at that time, I somehow knew that she was born and that I had to get her. We recognized each other instantly. I didn't know at that time how much I needed her.
She taught me about unconditional love, like no others have. She shared lots of life events, relocations, other pets, and many relationships with me.
She passed away at 16 yrs old in my arms.

2nd was my dog.
Before I even met him, I kept seeing Pekingese dogs. This breed is rare now days and I never saw them until then. They were adult dogs who had owners.

I was determined to rescue a dog and I had the 'list' - female, small to medium size, short hair, adult, potty trained, proven cat friendly, fit for hiking.
So, male Pekingese puppy did not meet these criteria, to say the least.

Then, I met him, while visiting Los Angeles (I was living in No California, 5hrs away at that time). It was in a pet shop! He was a male, puppy, and Pekingese!
I visited him every morning for 7days while I was in LA. I was hoping that someone would buy him so I can be free.
He was amazingly cute but he was still there, every morning.
One day, I even asked the shop owner if he can discount the price $500 less than the asking price. He said no.

The day I was returning to home, I stopped to say good bye to the little guy.
Then I left. I drove about 1hr away from LA and I had to turned around.
I felt that I left my puppy. I drove back to the pet shop to get him.
The shop owner gave me the $500 discount plus 1cent. - $501 price discount. He knew that the puppy belonged to me.

Oh... he was my life partner and travel companion. He loved his cat siblings, was perfect with his potty training, became an AKC canine good citizen, and became a certified therapy dog for nursing homes/hospitals/etc. He also was a good hiking partner, only Pekingese in the hiking trails with mostly hunting and working dog breeds. I miss our beach walks.
He died in my arms at 14yrs and 4months old.
I still miss him so much. We had a strong bond and was destined to be together.

Both were gifts from the universe, precious gifts. I now know that.
I am not sure if I will ever have such gift again in this life time.
Wow! That is amazing. Thank you for sharing!
Old 23-03-2019, 10:55 PM
Master
Thank you everyone for sharing your beautiful stories!
Last I checked no one had replied and no all this. Wonderful!

I once had a special encounter with a horse. Not my horse but I do know horses are very sensitive and intuitive and healing.
I was extremely upset about something said by my then partner, a narcissist, meaning he knew how to hurt you where it hurt.
I ran out of the house, needing to get away and recover. Behind the house it was peaceful, fields etc and one field with horses. There was a hedge next to the road and I sat behind it, out of sight and in the sun, and watching the 2 horses in the paddock.
I was heartbroken and crying. Then I saw the big male horse begin to walk diagonally across the field, straight to me. The smaller one followed.
When they'd gotten to me, the large one put his head over the fencing, all the way down to basically touch me with his nose.
It was almost daunting, the large head, hihi, I mean, I was sitting on the ground, him hovering over me.
I carefully stroked him, and I knew he'd come all the way over to bring me some solace. I was deeply touched.
After a while he moved away again.

My cats do a similar thing when I'm troubled, but in a way that's different, as they're my cats.
I do appreciate it just the same though. It's always very comforting. Come to think of it, one of my 2 cats doesn't come to me, but he does get unsettled when I stay upset for long (which thank goodness hardly ever happens).
Old 23-03-2019, 11:58 PM
Master
Our dogs

We always seem to get the dog we need. Our current dog is dear to our hearts. We have always talked to her. She is funny and expressive and curious. I fell a while ago and got a concussion. She slept on my bed and licked my face and hand every once and a while to wake me. She herds us towards the door when she wants outside. She licks her lips when she wants a cookie. We put our headphones on her head last night when talking with our son, who is away at school and she sat real still and listened. She smiles after her walks. She uses her frisbee to throw water at us when we are at the lake. She hides behind the tree to play hide and seek. She points with her nose. She plays with the bunnies and the squirrels in the yard.

If we could have cats we would. But two of us a very allergic, welts, runny noses and all.
Old 26-03-2019, 01:14 AM
Master
Do stuff animals count? Or no?
Old 18-04-2019, 04:02 PM
Newbie ;)

I think that every human needs to have a very deep and spiritual/emotional connection with their pet. I can't explain but i have some sort of telepathy with my dog xD
Old 28-04-2019, 07:16 AM
Pathfinder

I have a special connection to my cat , its like she understand s me , &i understand her its like she knows the min I'm sad she'll come &sit down beside me its like she know s my thoughts. ,. I feel like she's the daughter i never had
Old 28-04-2019, 05:06 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexibility
I think that every human needs to have a very deep and spiritual/emotional connection with their pet. I can't explain but i have some sort of telepathy with my dog xD

I'd be interested in hearing more about the telepathy with your pet.

I also have experienced this with a pet cat I had in my teenage/college years. I didn't believe in this kind of stuff then, so I didn't understand it. But everyone in the family knew that the cat was deeply attracted to me since he could walk - why we called him Rover. (We raised generations of cats.)

Now that I've opened my understanding to more spiritual phenomena, I look back and wonder what kind of relationship Rover and I had.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:21 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I'm curious if there are many other people who have a very special deep connection with their pet, ...

Other people got things like that? Or with a pet in the past?

I have experienced this with pretty much every pet I have had, dogs and cats... not gold fish though... although my sister had a gold fish that liked to be petted...go figure?..

It seems to me that animals are often able to bond with us in ways that other humans cannot. I would not call it better or worse or even deeper, just in a different way. I expect that our human brains tend to complicate our relationships looking for motives and such. Relationships with animals are often simpler, more honest, and more direct (though not always), while humans tend to muddy things up trying to think about, understand, and predict others. Our expectations of other humans tend to be more then they can/do meet.

I have come to the conclusion that as consciousness, we can create life experiences as humans, animals, and many other things. Some eastern religions teach that human birth is higher than birth as a different animal. I don't think it is that simple.