Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 08-09-2012, 11:42 PM
Master

Easier to ap in another room

I have found that I can ap a lot more if I go to another room that is not my bed. This morning I thought I do not want to lie here again without results so I went into the other room. I got in the most comfortable position and I breathed gently for a short while. I tried to get my mind off ap as I thought that may be making it harder to ap. I had a lot of sleep so the risk of falling asleep was low but still possible. I still had to be aware of how my mind was feeling, otherwise I could fall asleep. It was feeling relaxed so I knew I could ap. Other times my mind felt normal so I thought I will try anyway. I imagined something and to my surprise it worked. I kept ap again and again. The only thing I regret was wasting my time. I could have done something more useful instead of doing nothing much.
The other night I made an effort to ap early in the morning. I went into the other room but I was not able to ap. I was lying there for a long time without results. It can get disappointing when that happens. When daylight came I laid onto my side as it was more comfortable and I was able to ap. It was not much of an experience. Nothing bad happened, I wasted my time. I will be more prepared next time so hopefully I will go somewhere interesting.
What works best for me is tonight I will get some sleep and when I wake up I will go in the other room. I am going to listen to the CD of sounds of rain, wind and thunder. Hopefully that will relax my mind and I will ap. I will let you know how it goes.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:54 PM
johnnyfortner

Different rooms could have high emf fields which can distract you and make you uncomfortable. This might not be the reason, but you can have it checked out and fixed by a professional.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:04 AM
Master

What is an emf field? I used to be able to ap a lot in bed years ago but not anymore. Occasionally I can ap in bed. The reason I think I am not able to ap in bed is because my husband snores or he makes noises. I keep thinking I can turn over on my side and of course I get too comfortable and I fall asleep. I am not able to ap late in the mornings like I used to. When I am in the other room I feel different. My mind feels more at peace. It is probably just me, the way I feel.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:13 AM
johnnyfortner

emf stands for electromagnetic field. A lot of things cause them and a strong field will distract you, disorient you, can cause discomfort and even make you hallucinate if it is to that point. Things like bad electrical wiring, or just a lot of electrical things can cause this. You can get a little reader that will tell you if there is a strong emf in your room.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:41 AM
Felynx

Not to mention your body is programmed to sleep when you lie in your bed. Meditating in a place your body doesn't associate with sleep is best.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:16 AM
Master

Thanks for that johnnyfortner.
Felynx I am glad someone agrees with me. I think that is what I am fighting against, I am in bed and I want to sleep but I would like to ap. I am not able to have it both ways.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Master
Think Muldoon mentions this regards how we remember projections more when our physical body is away from its usual sleeping place, the astral has the habit of returning to that locale so will end up being a bit confused and so more projection to recall.

I have more when I go away
Old 09-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Master

I woke up shortly after 3.00 am. I nearly talked myself out of going into the next room. I am glad I made the effort to go into the next room. By listening to the CD it made a big difference. I did not ap by listening to it but it helped to get my mind relaxed so I could ap. When the CD finished playing, I laid down and waited for a little while. I felt my inner self move out of my body. I thought I am not going to do anything. I will just see what happens. I only moved for a short distance then I stopped moving. I thought I wrecked it and I should have moved myself. Later on I am not sure. I could have been out of my body. I thought I wrecked it and then I was dreaming about something. I am going to try again tomorrow morning. The more practice I get the better.
I now realise that if I stayed in bed I would not have had that experience. It was not much of an experience but it was practice. When I practice in the next room, I lay down on the floor on a very thin mattress and it is not very comfortable. It is easier to ap as it is not that comfortable lying on the floor. If I was in bed I would not have the patience to try to ap. I would have turned over and gone to sleep.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:03 AM
Deactivated Account

Interesting on the idea of moving to a different room to AP. On the times when it doesn't work out for you, to have this AP experience, maybe it is just " one of those times ? " Perhaps at that moment in time, it wasn't meant to be ?

You do seem to travel quite frequently, whenever I read your posts, I have this feeling I am missing out on an experience. I have only tried to AP twice, neither one was successful.

Enjoy your astral travels !

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 10-09-2012, 12:31 AM
Master

Thanks Dream Angel, my problem is because it feels very real I do not believe I ap when I am out of my body. Hopefully, I will get passed this. It will happen. It is just a matter of time. I did not have this problem before. I believe anyone can ap. You have only tried twice. I have had a lot of failures. You have to work out what is the best for you. Being in another room away from my bed makes a big difference to me. I am more determined to ap. I feel I will ap. Over the years I keep thinking, why did ap not work? What went wrong and what can I do to make it work? I also learnt a lot from practicing. I have recently made big progress. I found another sign to help me to ap. That sign is very important because if you do not know what it is you can easily fall asleep. One minute you are lying there and the next moment you are out somewhere.
Tomorrow morning I am going to use a different CD. The CD will be about relaxing yourself. I will see how that goes.