Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 11-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
my experiences there lead me to believe she is what she says
Would u share please?
Old 21-08-2014, 01:49 PM
Suspended

lt's more than likely that Sri Aurobindo was the Kalki Avatar IMO.
Also, people like sai baba and mother meera can be discounted as charlatans - sai baba had occult abilities of course [or rather has control over astral entities with these powers. M.Meera has vital or astral powers. They are certainly not avatars, again IMO. And l've had experiences with both, so l'm not just speculating here.

Quote:
The ten Avatars are: the Fish, the Tortoise, the Boar, the Man-Lion, the Dwarf, Parasurama alias Rama-with-the-axe, Rama (with the bow), Krishna, the Buddha and finally Kalki, who according to tradition is still to come. The succession, even at first sight, shows a continuity. ‘The Hindu procession of the ten Avatars is itself, as it were, a parable of evolution,’ writes Sri Aurobindo, ‘the progression is striking and unmistakable.’11

The fish was the first vertebrate in the womb of the ocean. Then comes the tortoise, an amphibian, then the boar, a mammal. The man-lion represents the transitional beings between animal and man. Then follows homo faber as Rama-with-the-axe, followed by Rama-with-the-bow, i.e., homo sapiens, the species we all belong to and which is now present in great numbers on this planet. In mentally conscious humanity an opening is possible toward the supramental realms thanks to Krishna, and the nirvanic state can be consciously attained by following the path of the Buddha. Kalki, finally, will bring about the great revolution which will result in the superhuman and the Kingdom of God no longer in an ethereal, hypothetical hereafter, but on a transformed Earth. Thus will come about the realization of the dream cherished since its origin by the toiling, suffering, unsatisfied human species.

The evolutionary line represented by the Avatars is no doubt remarkable considering that the Hindu tradition is thousands of years old, while The Origin of Species was not published until 1859. The Avatar is clearly connected with evolution and even seems to play a central role in it.

The word ‘avatar’ means ‘descent’ in Sanskrit. ‘It is a coming down of the Divine below the line which divides the divine from the human world or status.’12 In other words, the Avatar is an embodiment of the Divine in a materialized living form, a direct divine incarnation on earth.

It becomes clear at once that the avatar concept is actually well-known in the West, for Jesus Christ was an avatar according to this definition. This is why the theological disputation concerning his avatarhood or the preponderance of either his divine or his human nature has its parallels in the literature of the Hindus. And this is why Sri Aurobindo, in his Essays on the Gita, mentions time and again the names of Christ, Krishna and the Buddha in the chapters about avatarhood.

However, while the East recognizes the full evolutionary line of the ten (and in certain enumerations more) Avatars, the Christianized West recognizes only one. The importance of the Christ-avatar is generally accepted, but the evolutionary and historical development of the Earth and of mankind is put into a warped perspective by affirming him as the one and only avatar, a belief which makes the mission of Christ appear arbitrary and unreal. The cause of this attitude was probably the religious and cultural ‘monadism’ of the West — the unconscious or sometimes very conscious egocentric attitude, the imperialistic hedgehog position, the psychological igloo.
Old 21-08-2014, 06:07 PM
Seeker

As long as there has been prophesies there have been people who claim to have discovered the fulfillment of said prophesies. I wouldn't put too much thought into these "revelations"; when a prophesy has been fulfilled or is in the process of being fulfilled, those with eyes to see will know.
Old 22-08-2014, 01:52 AM
Guide

Not that it matters here, but lots of Hindu schools don't believe in avatars at all. It's pretty much unique to the Vaishnava school.
Old 22-08-2014, 08:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by durgaa
lt's more than likely that Sri Aurobindo was the Kalki Avatar IMO.
Also, people like sai baba and mother meera can be discounted as charlatans - sai baba had occult abilities of course [or rather has control over astral entities with these powers. M.Meera has vital or astral powers. They are certainly not avatars, again IMO. And l've had experiences with both, so l'm not just speculating here.

sounds to me like your ego is diminishing the experiences you ahve ahd with baba and meera. they are both the real deal.
they are both avatars.
Old 16-11-2014, 08:28 PM
Guide

i believe the last one has been here since 2012, but i have no idea where and who. certainly everywhere in all forms. just my guess. i think that's why the mayan calendar finished in dec 2012
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16
Old 09-02-2015, 01:57 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
During the research I have been undertaking for a book I`m writing on Avatars, I keep coming across people telling me that Krishna has returned in his kalki (final ) incarnation.
Apparently he is tucked away in the background, leaving Sai baba and Mother Meera to be the global avatars (obviously Sai Baba has passed over now).
I just wonderedif anyone else has come across this revelation about Lord Krishna?
Are you talking about the same person whose hand photo you posted in another thread? Have you yourself met him?
Old 21-02-2015, 10:08 PM
Seeker

Krishna never left he is here now closer to you than your breath or heart beat. Anything is possible here just seek God and God alone.

What ever image you worship or no form all is God. To worship an image of God is far easier path than worshipping God without form. An image of God is not God but it is a form of God. We know the image is not actually God. What I am trying to say is this, the image of God is like a photo of a loved one, you know when you look at it you love the person in the photo, and that you would never destroy or deface the photo as its a person you love. So its the same with an image of God you know its not actually God but you still love it as its His form / image that is suited for your taste. Most minds need a form to love / worship , to love something without form is impossible for me.