Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 14-12-2011, 02:55 AM
jessicasilverman

extending a lucid dream

ive tried spinning in circles and it seems to help, also focusing on the solidity of the ground seems to help also. any other ideas?
Old 16-12-2011, 12:51 AM
jessicasilverman

just had a lucid dream last night, oh yes, its been a little while, it was amazing. cant wait for more, it just occurred like "wait, am I dreaming right now?" and boom,
Old 19-12-2011, 08:49 AM
b3yond33

When your in a lucid dream/OOB, you can try rubbing your hands together, focusing on the detail of an object/a place, say something like, "I can see everything clear" or gathering energy from all around you (not from like animals and people though) and absorb it. Do this at anytime and/or when the scenery starts to fade/gets blurry. There are more ways of course but these are the ones that I can think of right now.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Newfreedom9

I have found spinning circles sometimes works too! Another thing I noticed is that I have to live in the moment so to speak. If my mind starts wandering to the first part of the lucid dream, I lose to. Or if I close my eyes to consentrate, the dream is gone. Hope this helps!
Old 09-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfreedom9
Or if I close my eyes to consentrate, the dream is gone.

Ha, I thought this only happened to me! That's the biggest dream killer for me, even blinking longer than a fraction of time snaps me out of it, though I think that's saved me a few times when I've had bad dreams.

I find focusing on the details (colors, atmosphere, what's different from reality and what isn't though that might have a chance of pulling you out of it) or sort of mentally narrating what's going on in the detail helps too.
Old 26-04-2012, 12:16 AM
ReikiGEM

one of my recent lucid dreams started off at work then switched to my house ATL and i ended up in my sisters apt in NY ended up in an obe it was AWESOME!
Old 26-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Deactivated Account

IT took me ages to learn to extend my lucid dreams, even to notice when I am starting to wake up and to stop myself before I do.

The main thing I found that woke me up was the raising feelings that happened when i began to realise.
Old 28-04-2012, 09:33 PM
embrace

If you wake up from a lucid dream, just don't open your eyes and try to visualize your surrounding. You might end up getting back to LD quite easily.
Old 29-04-2012, 01:14 AM
Experiencer

I know a trick that works pretty well. You need to keep your brain busy by making it constantly come up with new scenery. Driving a car seems to work best. As soon as I become lucid, I just start running around, doing stuff and never focus on any one thing. Stopping to focus seems to make LDs end for me. I hear that experienced lucid dreamers can focus on anything and do anything they want and keep their lucid dreams going indefinitely. That would be pretty cool. When a lucid dream ends and everything goes black, I find that if I just tlie there without moving a muscle, the lucid dream starts back up again after a while.
Old 29-04-2012, 04:52 AM
res

For me it helps to relax and not get excited. When i become aware it is slow breaths and remain calm. Excitement is the last thing you want as your conscious minds awareness will spike and you will no longer be able to view your subconscious and will return to conscious reality. I have been really excited one time and i snapped back in to my body and sat bolt upright with great force, which was not nice.