Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 01-05-2013, 12:06 PM
Free_Spirit1983

Christ is one of the greatest spiritual teachers in the history of humankind. He "got it" he was connected to spirit / to source..

then religion took this man, turned him into a god and published a book mixed with all kinds of mythology from anceint Bablyon / Egypt etc and passed it off as Christs teachings.. This was the beginning of a control system founded by Constantine and held as "truth" to this day..

I'm not saying religion is completely "bad", it works for some people. And for many others it opens doors.. For me being a cult member then a mainstream Christian it really openned my eyes and was a huge help for me finding my spiritual path..

I have never looked back since and my understanding of Christ's teachings have been a beautiful gift!
Old 01-05-2013, 06:13 PM
Master

What myths and made up things are your beliefs based on? Ridiculing beliefs that are different, saying they're just man made, etc is basic prejudice. None of us know if our beliefs are 'true', they're just beliefs after all. People act so spiritual, yet hate so much.

The fact is the people who think they're better than Christians who believe in 'made up' things, are actually exactly the same. Toot your spiritual horn all you want, you're just the same as everyone else, especially those 'despised Christians'.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:04 PM
beansi

Seawolf youn say how hypocritical spiritual people are with their own spiritual beliefs who say religion is bad, it incurs fear & guilt, well I say it is better for someone to be helped by someone who as you put it is'spiritually flawed' than someone religious who says "if you're naughty, you'll go to the inferno hell when you die"
How has 2000 years of Christianity inspired a ongoing love of church & religion when you can see it crumbling around us & yet spirituality growa onwards. Yes, we know great deeds have been done in christainity but many have been done by people, children even animals with no christianity.....unless dogs go to church now!....lol
Today how much damage, you say the spiritual people are doing.....compared to what?.....the Christian world of power, religious wars, Vatican secret dodgy dealings,etc.
You seem to not get it.....belief is always gonna be around! & the difference between christian/rel & spiritual is that the spiritual know god within whereas religion has to find it outer. In a perfect world one unity would be because people had one belief ONLY which would be 'To believe in themselves'.
There .....i've said my piece......
Old 02-05-2013, 01:49 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansi
whereas religion has to find it outer. In a perfect world one unity would be because people had one belief ONLY which would be 'To believe in themselves'.
There .....i've said my piece......
When a spirituality accumulates lots of followers it gets the name 'religion' when it's been practices for thousands of years. It's all based on the spiritual. Prevaling beliefs now about ego and the true self, though they are varied, will be an tired religion in the future. It's all about spirituality. When you look at it from the point of view of the individual, it's not so different.

Christianity is mash of lots of beliefs with Jesus in common. New Age is even more varied, with the belief that it is above religion in common.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:03 AM
Free_Spirit1983

My beliefs are born through my experiences in life.. I don't "hate" anyone or any religious system, if I hated anything I would be giving my energy to it, depleting myself where it could be used in other areas, it would be insanity to hate anything!

I like to understand rather than hate and condemn. Like I said Christianity played a pivotal role on my spiritual path, I have a lot to be thankful for in that respect. Everything plays it's part and is there for a reason!

I also don't think anyone is above or below me, that also would be insanity! That's like one of the cells in my body believing it's superior to the rest, it creates a barrier between itself and the other cells - that's the beginning of cancer. If I held myself any higher or lower in importance to anyone else then I would be living a life with a "cancer consciousness" as I call it, insanity..

I have my views which I expressed and we all have the right to do so, there's no hate involved at all Seawolf, and you are not below me or above me we are truly equal and I believe that and feel that way about every other living being.. Jesus is a great example in equality, look at his nature, he wouldn't think of himself any more important that a fly..

:)
Old 02-05-2013, 09:54 AM
beansi

Back to you, Seawolf trying to pick a hole in my piece of the perfect world idea!.......LOL
Yes, you raise good points.....well humans do err (unconsciously not so.....as its the human collective unconsciousness & its need for unity). I don't think New Age really believes its above religion....just that, it hasn't moved on....so they're doing it! & here we go again.......circles of belief as one dot point.....going round & round..........or bubbles, one lingers longer than the other before it pops! & another emerges from the foam of spirituality.........I'm Off!....LOL
Old 03-05-2013, 05:20 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Spirit1983
My beliefs are born through my experiences in life.. I don't "hate" anyone or any religious system, if I hated anything I would be giving my energy to it, depleting myself where it could be used in other areas, it would be insanity to hate anything!

I like to understand rather than hate and condemn. Like I said Christianity played a pivotal role on my spiritual path, I have a lot to be thankful for in that respect. Everything plays it's part and is there for a reason!

I also don't think anyone is above or below me, that also would be insanity! That's like one of the cells in my body believing it's superior to the rest, it creates a barrier between itself and the other cells - that's the beginning of cancer. If I held myself any higher or lower in importance to anyone else then I would be living a life with a "cancer consciousness" as I call it, insanity..

I have my views which I expressed and we all have the right to do so, there's no hate involved at all Seawolf, and you are not below me or above me we are truly equal and I believe that and feel that way about every other living being.. Jesus is a great example in equality, look at his nature, he wouldn't think of himself any more important that a fly..

:)
It's very popular to badmouth religion. It's so vogue. What better way to make ourselves feel better about what we believe than to ridicule and criticize other belief systems? Hate IS a correct word. We just don't like to admit it to ourselves.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Free_Spirit1983

Maybe that's your shadow Seawolf, I've been very clear about my standpoint and I'm not in a place of hate.. As I've said religion was a blessing for me.

If I hated anything I'd only be hating myself..
Old 13-05-2013, 03:53 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Spirit1983
Maybe that's your shadow Seawolf, I've been very clear about my standpoint and I'm not in a place of hate.. As I've said religion was a blessing for me.

If I hated anything I'd only be hating myself..
Religion is a blessing for me. It wasn't so at one point in the past but still is today.