Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 09-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Master
Birds trying to get in my windows

Does anyone know what this means, if anything?

Earlier I was sitting on my bed and a chickadee came and was fluttering as close to the window as it could get, then lightly flew into it. Then another came and they both fluttered in front of the window, more came and some were resting on the sill and looking it. It was so weird. cool, but weird. My cats went nuts but they didn't stop the chickadees from continuing with what they were doing.

Okay, so that experienced ended after about 3 minutes, but just a few minutes ago, birds started doing it at my front window, cats again going nuts. But this time, sparrows, first 3 of them, then it looked like 5 or 6. Fluttering close as they could to the window, then landing on the sill and pecking at my window and even at the screens. The cats got up to the screen and they didn't even fly away. It was bizaare.

Last week I had woken up to a squirrel looking in at me on the sill. It was funny.

does this mean anything at all? Or just a cool experience?
Old 10-07-2012, 01:43 AM
Master

I do know that they can be territorial, but that is quite a neat experience you've had :)
in all else, I believe there is a reason for everything, and I find this strangely shortly after I asked my own question of why all my nicknames recently and in the past have been connected to birds (along that line) and that we have recently rescued two birds who had flown into our house windows (one was on Christmas morning, the other was a few weeks ago. So I feel that this may also be a sign for me (seeing this post that is :P) but for you, your experience may be trying to get you out of the house and more involved with nature, the creatures are trying to talk to you and interact with you (this is what I sense.)

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/
Old 10-07-2012, 02:22 AM
Master
Definitely shadedragon is on the right track.....now that the 'negativity' is going - going - they can get a clearer signal from you/your daughter - what loving vibes you both have. And if you feed them sometimes, they'd be drawn to you that way, also.

Old 10-07-2012, 02:47 AM
Sybilline

In a superstition I have heard, it means that the house it is trying to get in has good people and good energy (it's not really a bird). Ironically if it's a butterfly it means death in our superstition... Don't really know why it should be any different...
Old 10-07-2012, 12:33 PM
Master
Thanks for the replies, everyone. My first thought was death lol...I had not been doing well and my mom has cancer. Then the house phone rang and I did not answer...then thought oh gosh, maybe mom died??? there were no messages, so I didn't call their house. I've had my cell turned off. I read up on birds and windows. Most 'death' birds were black birds. My mom is highly superstituous to the point where she used to scare us to death to do anything, but my way of combating that was to walk into and through everyone one of her superstitions. Although she once said if a bird hits your window it's bad luck and one day a bird hit my windshield and not even a minute later a pin fell out of my gas pedal and the pedal stuck to the floor. That was hair raising for me and my friends lol.

As for getting out to nature, I do every day really and in fact, lately moreso. I've always noticed chickadees have 'followed' me around, which I always enjoyed. This year they built several nests in tree hollows and evergreens in my yard, which I was thrilled about. I sit on the deck and they perch next to me.

SG, that's a lovely thing you wrote, thanks. The ex is out and I'm still hauling his junk out and away, which is a very time consuming job especially when I have two jobs. Yesterday we cleared out his old computer area. I had already trashed one computer he left and now I got rid of his desk lol.

Thanks Sybilline, I didn't know that about the butterfly. When my daughter's boyfriend died, he always loved butterflies and moths and so my daughter had butterflies and moths covering her window at times, it was odd, but neat, and he loved the smell of rain and the day he passed, the temperature was in the high 90s, but her room was cool and smelled of rain. Also, she found a lead weight for fishing in her room, and when I walked passed the pond, the fish in it started to leap out of the water. I've experienced many things when people had died, but when he passed, he seemed to be giving me and my daughter and especially my daughter all sorts of signs. It was bittersweet. He was so good for her.

anyway, I looked up some stuff and it said birds fluttering against the windows and seeming to try to get in were signs of guardian angels watching over and to keep an eye out ...or be on guard. ...mostly a safety precaution.

Who knows. I just enjoyed the experience and was in awe really, just so long as it wasn't bringing some bad news lol.
Old 13-07-2012, 06:12 AM
Guide
Im not sure but I have had a bird doing this obsessively for months for the last two years. (since my connection with sm). Also lots of incidents of other small animals trying to get overly close to me once again only since my connection with sm !!
Old 13-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Master
That's pretty neat veronicax. :-)

Made me think of the critters, big and small finding my yard. Birds too (the parakeet)..had a pony come and hang out, raccoons come and pay visits to my deck, but they want the bird suet and seed. A fox has been hanging around for months, day and night. 3 evenings ago a small possum decided to come and snack on seed and sit on the big feeder as well and chill out. LOL. My daughter said it was just sitting there chilling. 4 nights ago 3 peacocks decided to come for a visit and then squabble making such a ruckus they woke me up, but they are from up the road and always breaking out of their pen. Once I was sitting outside when a mama skunk and her baby decided to stroll by. I just froze, for fear of scaring them and getting sprayed. lol.

The chickadees come and sit right next to me on the railing when I'm sitting on the stoop outside my door...and now a couple of baby piliated woodpeckers have decided we have the best feeders around and they aren't afraid of me either. I don't know if squirrels and chipmunks can mate and give birth, but there's a critter out there that we can't decide if it's a baby red squirrel or a large chipmunk. It's adorable, but it does have the markings of a chipmunk, but it's pretty big too lol. We have a LOT of chipmunks that raid the feeders and have taken up residence and the squirrels are coming back as well. When my ex was here, he would trap the chipmunks and drive them elsewhere and shoot the squirrels much to my disgust...he's gone now. Oh, and a woodchuck has dug a huge hole next to my house and under the side porch, not a good thing, but I don't have the heart to get him gone. If he doesn't cause damage other than the huge hole, he can stay.
Old 13-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
Does anyone know what this means, if anything?

Earlier I was sitting on my bed and a chickadee came and was fluttering as close to the window as it could get, then lightly flew into it. Then another came and they both fluttered in front of the window, more came and some were resting on the sill and looking it. It was so weird. cool, but weird. My cats went nuts but they didn't stop the chickadees from continuing with what they were doing.

Okay, so that experienced ended after about 3 minutes, but just a few minutes ago, birds started doing it at my front window, cats again going nuts. But this time, sparrows, first 3 of them, then it looked like 5 or 6. Fluttering close as they could to the window, then landing on the sill and pecking at my window and even at the screens. The cats got up to the screen and they didn't even fly away. It was bizaare.

Last week I had woken up to a squirrel looking in at me on the sill. It was funny.

does this mean anything at all? Or just a cool experience?

Hi Sarian,
When I was acting as a Shaman, I saw that what happens in life, many times represents life trying to speak to us, or us trying to speak to us. I found that we do that in dreams and the symbols in dreams have the same meaning when they happen in real life. Be that as it may, when I looked up birds in "dreammoods" after reading your post, what I found was pretty interesting (birds trying to break in..). Only you can tell if it applies.
Blessings, James

Bird

To see birds in your dream symbolize your goals, aspirations and hopes. To dream of chirping and/or flying birds, represent joy, harmony, ecstasy, balance, and love. It denotes a sunny outlook in life. You are experiencing spiritual freedom and psychological liberation. It is almost as if a weight has been lifted off your shoulders.

To dream of dead or dying birds indicates disappointments. You will find yourself worrying over problems that are nagging on your mind.

To dream of birds on the attack means that you are being pulled into too many directions. You are experiencing conflict with your spirituality. If the birds are trying to break into houses, then it implies that you are not following your desired path in life. Others are meddling in your life and interfering with your life path.

To see bird eggs in your dream symbolize money.

To see birds hatching in your dream symbolize delayed success.

To see a bird nest in your dream symbolizes independence, refuge and security. You need something to fall back on. Alternatively, it may signify a prosperous endeavor, new opportunities, and fortune
Old 13-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Master
Hi James, that's pretty cool. These birds flying around my window and right close to it and trying to get in it and the screen are real, not a dream, but I was interested in what you posted above from dreammoods.

I could go with the first paragraph "To see birds in your dream symbolize your goals, aspirations and hopes. To dream of chirping and/or flying birds, represent joy, harmony, ecstasy, balance, and love. It denotes a sunny outlook in life. You are experiencing spiritual freedom and psychological liberation. It is almost as if a weight has been lifted off your shoulders."

I use that one because I've been going through some changes and I feel a huge weight lifted off of me and when things are going well, I feel just likie that.

All that said, the day that I saw the birds, I was not doing well because of things going on and I'm getting quite overwhelmed with working all the time and all that I have to do at home and some issues I have to deal within in myself from time to time... so while the birds I views were not attacking, I do feel pulled into too many directions and I do feel I'm not following a path I wanted to take, and yes, that day I felt very much so others were meddling and interferring with my path and I don't know what to do...

Quite interesting, thanks!!
Old 13-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
Hi James, that's pretty cool. These birds flying around my window and right close to it and trying to get in it and the screen are real, not a dream, but I was interested in what you posted above from dreammoods.

I could go with the first paragraph "To see birds in your dream symbolize your goals, aspirations and hopes. To dream of chirping and/or flying birds, represent joy, harmony, ecstasy, balance, and love. It denotes a sunny outlook in life. You are experiencing spiritual freedom and psychological liberation. It is almost as if a weight has been lifted off your shoulders."

I use that one because I've been going through some changes and I feel a huge weight lifted off of me and when things are going well, I feel just likie that.

All that said, the day that I saw the birds, I was not doing well because of things going on and I'm getting quite overwhelmed with working all the time and all that I have to do at home and some issues I have to deal within in myself from time to time... so while the birds I views were not attacking, I do feel pulled into too many directions and I do feel I'm not following a path I wanted to take, and yes, that day I felt very much so others were meddling and interferring with my path and I don't know what to do...

Quite interesting, thanks!!

Hi Sarian,
yes I knew it wasn't a dream. I was just sharing that I have expereinced that symbols have universal meanings whether in dreams or real life. I interpretred the birds as trying to get in so I though that maybe the part about breaking in might be relevant.
Glad you found it interesting...........James