Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 10-08-2016, 05:27 PM
Experiencer
lucid dream finding God

Hello just wanted to share a lucid dream. I've always felt the dreaming was very much less real (there is a debate to this statement but it's not the point of the story) than life or of other plains; for this reason I never really was drawn into lucid experiences though I often had dreams where I recognized that it was a dream and at which point traditionally the dream would shortly collapse, waking me up. One of my friends is greatly drawn in that direction though, we often talk about spiritual concepts and he often talks about dreams and theories behind them such as some people believe that people and experiences are just as real in the lucid - for me I have high doubts about the realness of other people in lucid dreaming but at the time neither of us had, had any lucid dreams. Eventually even though I had not been drawn in that direction I asked him what the technique was for keeping the dream from collapsing - long story short I went ahead and decided to try out lucid dreaming.

Here's my dream: I forget the dream but I came to the point of realizing that I was dreaming and decided to try his technique. To keep the dream from collapsing I went with it until I could figure out what I wanted. I didn't think it really was a real experience so I wasn't draw to flying or anything because I didn't think it would be that cool if I knew it wasn't real. I decided to go with the idea that some people propose which is that it is a real place composed of more that just your consciousness; I thought well if it where true it would be nice to see what sort of answers I might receive. I decided what I wanted to do was find God. I imagined a door that would lead me to him and I opened it and walked into the place that was supposed to reveal that desire.

Upon opening the door, I walked though to a wooden deck just a foot off the ground that was backed by a nice forest. Centered on the deck was a lounge chair that was empty. I walked to it around it and lifted up the cushions (perhaps the trick was that I should have sat in it, if we truly are just divisions of God and God is all that there is.) there was no God to be found. The deck continued to my right (we'll call that direction for clarification only south) it followed the contour of the land having three same size decks each a step down and at the end of the last there was three stairs that came out to the ground. The entire eastern side of the deck was the forest and as it panned around to the south and west it was still green and beautiful but different - it was all filled with all sorts of animals. As I turned and walked casually away from the chair down the levels of the deck, while looking for an answer and admiring the forest, I could feel that there was someone else there off just out of my view. I made it to the end of the deck, at the top of the stairs which was capped with a nice flat smooth stone. From the bottom of the stairs extended three paths into the three divisions of the landscape beyond the deck. From east to west there was a subtle shift in the look of the forest. The path extending to the east passed though a forest that was untouched by man, was natural and beautiful. The middle, south, path extended into a fine gardened landscape, it was the perfect blend of natural forest working with the touches of human alteration. The western path pasted though a landscape that was entirely altered by humans and felt the least beautiful to me. I was most drawn to the eastern path but as I stood there ready to leave in that direction I felt the urge to sit on the stone and meditate and so I did and as I sat and looked outward I saw that all of the animals of the forest began to run to me (hundreds of animals). At their center was a baby bear who would be the first to reach me; I noticed that as such a great number animals came at me so did the projection of the dream that was behind them. The bear cub reached me and jumped into my lap like an excited puppy, started licking my face and I was petting him and could see nothing but him. This lasted for a while then I couldn't figure what to do next and so I woke up.
By the way - I know your path has been tried and so - It may seem like the way to go - Me, I'd rather be found - Trying something new - I gotta go find my own way - I gotta go make my own mistakes - Sorry for feeling, feeling the way I do
[b]
Old 11-08-2016, 03:43 PM
Experiencer
Something that I realized stands out in the dream is the number 3, not sure if there's any meaning to that but I was thinking that the three layors of deck could be like the three plains to the external universe, the causual, astral, and physical. The lounge chair could be the thrown of God residing in the causual. The three steeps at the end of the deck could be like the three bodies that make up the complete physical body, the physical body, the astral body, and the causual body. I suppose at the end of the deck if I choose to start a search from there there really is four options, three external which relate to my own life in being someone who studies and works with plants and landscapes and how they relate to us.

Well I suppose I just answered my own question but beyond personal significants I wonder if there is meaning to dividing things into three.
By the way - I know your path has been tried and so - It may seem like the way to go - Me, I'd rather be found - Trying something new - I gotta go find my own way - I gotta go make my own mistakes - Sorry for feeling, feeling the way I do
[b]
Old 24-08-2016, 03:43 AM
Newbie ;)

Talking

That sounds like a truly awesome dream, thanks for sharing that. I would have died of happiness during the part where all the animals came to you. I love the fact that you decided to meditate while lucid dreaming. I will definitely have to try that as I get back to lucid dreaming myself. When you meditated, did it feel as you expected it would?
Old 24-08-2016, 03:58 AM
Master
three is a common enough number. it occurs naturally through progression.
start with one thing, move to another (second) thing, and the transition
itself can be considered a third thing.
Old 24-08-2016, 04:18 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened Warrior
I love the fact that you decided to meditate while lucid dreaming.

Lol :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened Warrior
When you meditated, did it feel as you expected it would?

I've never learned to actually meditate it was more of an intuition of something to do at the time and the bear was in my lap before my state of mind changed.
[b]
Old 24-08-2016, 04:30 AM
Master
the direction associated with the hand of man appeared less attractive to you...
but, if you identify yourself as human, you're saying (on some level) that your
input into creation is somehow of less value.
i think that the animals were rushing to you as a sign of appreciation.
Old 24-08-2016, 08:19 AM
Deactivated Account
You are expecting to 'See' God as either another person walking towards you, or as some kind of energy/angel thing which you would recognize as God.

But actually, you have found God. See all the Beauty,Abundance and Goodness, that IS God.

Probably you are expecting to have a chit chat with him, to ask him questions about this World or misery, pain, sickness or loss, but you would talk about things which he created not.
(moreover it could be a prayer for that things, which in turn would affect you, but you could not get to God with that intention!)
Old 24-08-2016, 08:55 AM
Deactivated Account
Have you ever wondered how people get depression, sadnes and other negative feelings ?

Quote:
I didn't think it really was a real experience so I wasn't draw to flying or anything because I didn't think it would be that cool if I knew it wasn't real.

I see, in this statement, a try to limit and to define which experience will be the best for you, and in which way it should happen.
It is the road to 'hell', if you start limiting and defining of how the happiness shall come to you. Because if you follow this way, at the end, God personaly will need to save you from all the unhappiness which you have created.

And no, only because 'others' think in that way it is not your excuse to think the same.

Have you ever waked up, feeling Great without knowing why ? Feeling like you could move a mountain with your bare hands, in one day, and still have the power to do anything you like ?

Start get Drawing to flying, exploring and any other things which you have denied (not the scarry ones).
Choose to have Happy lucid dreams without defining what happiness is.
Old 24-08-2016, 02:04 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
the direction associated with the hand of man appeared less attractive to you...
but, if you identify yourself as human, you're saying (on some level) that your
input into creation is somehow of less value.
i think that the animals were rushing to you as a sign of appreciation.

Yes in my next life I could see myself wanting to come back as a bear in a beautiful section of mountains or not at all in the physical plain
[b]
Old 24-08-2016, 02:09 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SF
You are expecting to 'See' God as either another person walking towards you, or as some kind of energy/angel thing which you would recognize as God.

But actually, you have found God. See all the Beauty,Abundance and Goodness, that IS God.

Probably you are expecting to have a chit chat with him, to ask him questions about this World or misery, pain, sickness or loss, but you would talk about things which he created not.
(moreover it could be a prayer for that things, which in turn would affect you, but you could not get to God with that intention!)

no it was just an experiement I tried with the first lucid dream I ever had. from what ive read from yoganda God appears to people as they imagine God and since I have no idea how to imagine God anymore I was curious to see what I might find. I told my friend that my imagination was not big enough so I didn't see God; my reasoning was the lucid dreaming in a projection of ones own mind and not a shared place that some suggest
[b]