Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 26-09-2015, 12:08 AM
Master
Lucid dreaming episodes come and go

A year ago I went through about a 2 month period where I had lucid dreams at least a few times a week. Every single time I dreamt I became lucid at one point in the dream. I had never had them before. I do not do any practices to induce them or take any drugs… I was not meditating or doing any special spiritual practices either at the time. Then they went away. Lately, I am having lucid dreams again. Not doing anything special… but I am spiritually awakening right now. Anybody know why these episodes may come and go? Just coinciding with the natural fluctuations of consciousness or what?
Old 26-09-2015, 12:23 AM
Experiencer
Im hoping to get a answer to this myself - yours happen kinda like mine Bluebird
Old 10-10-2015, 04:36 AM
Seeker

I think sometimes your consciousness or higher self give you the experience as a msg telling you that you should be doing the spiritual practices to wake up in the dream. As you know, we exist over there too and reality over there is as real as can be. Normally, in the physical we daydream a lot and therefore at night while in the astral plane, those daydream becomes images before us and we don't really question what or who as they seem so real..however they clouded us from seeing the real thing . If you questions more where you are in the physical all the time, you will do the same in the astral. Same as awareness, when you're more aware during the day, at night you'll be more aware while dreaming and eventually will wake up and seeing reality over there and be taught over there. And once you wake up, it's nice to be able to remember what you did over there.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:52 AM
Experiencer
Last night I had my first episode of lucid dreaming in many, many years. It always involves flying. I was going to make a post about it but decided to comment here instead since you and I are journeying along the same path.

In my dream I distinctly remember seeing things that looked like something out of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. In the streets of some city I dreamed up. Well, I suddenly said to myself in the dream "oh, yes, I see I'm dreaming. So now I'm going to fly!"

I looked around casually at people around me in that street and just took off flying. But the problem is I never get as high off the ground as I would like. I take off and start floating but then I wake up right after. As if I were afraid of falling? Reminds me of that scene in the Matrix when Morpheus asks Neo if he can really get hurt in the Matrix. Like... I could fly fly away in my dreams but I don't? Not yet? Interesting....

I also encountered a yellow/gray talking bird in my dream. I guess this is more along the lines of dream symbolism and interpretation but... the bird was speaking so fast and I was trying desperately to retain and commit to memory everything it was saying because it was speaking the deepest spiritual truths I've ever heard! I remember consciously trying to make an effort to at least try and remenber a special phrase it kept repeating. But no luck. When I woke up I could remember anything except that the bird spoke of profound truths.

Sighs...

I hope to get better at lucid dreaming with time. And also remembering messages that are given to me by cute and wise little birds :)
Old 10-03-2016, 05:27 AM
Suspended

I have no idea why lucid dreams come and go. I use to experience them quite frequently, but I can't remember the last time I had a deeply realistic lucid dream. I think it's been a few months since my last lucid dream...lately most of my dreams are nonsensical, LOL...
Old 15-03-2016, 11:31 PM
Experiencer
My best guess is that the astral sometimes closes and opens it's doors as a way of balancing or dosing our experience there because we have to focus our experience in this physical plane too. I've heard of some really experienced astral projectos say that they have been made by higher entities to stop for a while, like taking a break, forcing them to focus on this physical existence a bit more, and then after some time they would be permitted to astral projecting again. So may be this on and off thing is a way of dosing our experiences astral.