Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 29-10-2010, 07:19 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcePoetica
Thank you for posting this. You referred to the "traditional correspondences between the chakras and vowel sounds", and I have currently a great deal of curiosity on this very subject. I would like to know the traditional source so I can do some more reading. In particular, I'm intrigued by the musical note association, though the vowel sound interests me as well.

However, there seems to be more than just the pointed-out discrepancy here with regards to the selection of vowel sounds. In particular, the "iy" as in "eye" is a tough one because that sound is created by pairing two separate vowel sounds ah and ee. So maintaining a consistent tone with that would be quite a trick. Not to mention that it seems the transition between vowel sounds in both cases above are incongruous with the rest of the exercise.

Go with me here: The colors, musical tones and even the sequence of awareness associated with the chakras are each progressive in nature. c-d-e-f-g-a-b all follow sequentially, as does red to orange to yellow, etc. I've done some work specifically dealing with enunciation and articulation, so I can see the gaps in the sequence of those vowels. The second string seems closer to a smooth transition between vowel sounds, though I still would argue there is a substantial gap between 6/ee and 7/oo. (ee eh uh oh oo would make more sense for a seamless transition of sounds). It just seems like too big a glitch overlook. Am I missing something here?

I really don't know anything more than I was told and shown by the gentleman devotee of Swara Yoga who taught me the technique, but I can tell you that staying on the same note and toning the vowel sounds in the order given does produce some pretty profound alterations in consciousness and health benefits as well
Old 29-10-2010, 07:21 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Willow
If you are like me and wouldn't know if the right tone or note hit ya in the face, does a CD of the sounds work as well?

Hi Moon

Swara Yoga teaches that each person use whatever note/key feels right to him or her and use it for each of the vowel sounds in the order given, working one's way up from the root to the crown in one long tone. I don't think it matters what note you
use, as there are no "wrong" ones.
Old 29-10-2010, 07:23 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny shine
you perhaps seems to know more about this subject. Mine is just a bookish knowledge though!

I wouldn't say I "know more"... I just know what I was shown and instructed to do. It seems to work. Give it a try for awhile... see if you notice anything
Old 30-10-2010, 03:30 PM
MYFIGO

Toning..

What a neat post... I'll be trying this out myself. I'm anxious to see what I experience.

I notice in the psychic healing that I do that other peoples chakras are different than mine and that I can improve and balance theirs by devoting attention to it. I'm curious to see if the tones are different as well when they are unbalanced. I'm betting that they are.

Thanks for posting the topic!
Old 31-10-2010, 03:56 PM
sunny shine

wow i am glad that what i posted resonated with so many, while all i did is just post a message there are many out their with greater purpose. All the best in your endeavours
Old 31-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Moon Willow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
Hi Moon

Swara Yoga teaches that each person use whatever note/key feels right to him or her and use it for each of the vowel sounds in the order given, working one's way up from the root to the crown in one long tone. I don't think it matters what note you
use, as there are no "wrong" ones.

Thanks very much for your feedback! I know that on the few occasions I have worked with the OM mantra that it's a very powerful tool, so sure that the individual chakra ones will also be very beneficial. I look forward to trying it.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:36 AM
sunny shine

I have a CD "Music for Chakra Meditation" (Music by Sudhakar & Ganesh Muthu) with different ragas for each chakra ". This based on Indian Carnatic music.

Bilawal - Mooladhara chakra (Root)
Yaman - Swadhishthana chakra (Sacral)
Malkauns - Manipooraka chakra (solar plexus)
Bhairav - Anahatha chakra (heart)
Jai Jai Vanthi - Vishuddhi chakra (Throat)
Bageswari - Ajna chakra (third eye)
Darbari Kanda - Sahasraara chakra (Crown)

Free link for this music download http://www.raaga.com/channels/nirvan...sp?mid=NI00004

Last edited by sunny shine : 01-11-2010 at 04:39 AM.