Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-09-2017, 05:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linen53
Previously, I was talking about is the consciousness that is left over after the body ceases to exist. That's the part that I can't prove that exists and continues, though, personally, I believe it does

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
Previously, I was talking about is the consciousness that is left over after the body ceases to exist. That's the part that I can't prove that exists and continues, though, personally, I believe it does.

I believe being alive is part of the definition of "consciousness" i.e. more complex consciousness is a biological and biologicals/souls are inherently alive.

The simplest consciousness is twoness, otherness. Ive covered that in many threads around here over the years. Humans being the most complex conssiousness with woman being more complex than man.

What remains after we die is inanimate execept for the bacteria and viruses, fermions, bosons, gravity and dark energy.

Love the dark energy mention...spot on.

BUT I have to say, in the past or other lives I recall as a man, I did not ever feel less complex as a man than as a woman. Likewise for those lives as a woman, I simply felt largely ignored and thus largely misunderstood -- but as a direct and logical outcome of being largely ignored in the totality of my humanity.

That is...and let me speak bluntly...the male sex drive aside, which certainly can be managed and disciplined and productively channeled...and aside from the female experience of pregnancy and menstruation...though these are noteworthy and impactful...

...in my experience, there is NO substantive difference in the either the potential or in the actualisation of awareness, feeling, capacity for love, intellectual strength and clarity, communication, growth in consciousness, or even in the apprehension of reality -- between males and females. Not in the hearts, nor the minds, nor the soul...none of it. Believe me when I say any measurable or quantifiable "differences" of heart, mind, and soul are almost entirely overlays which bend us away from our true centre, our true nature, and our true capacity for humanity.

EXCEPT as is culturally overlaid and mandated that we must and will directly experience life, dignity, opportunity, bodily safety and integrity, and violence and bodily violation in vastly different ways -- due largely to culture and society and various hierarchical, power-over beliefs. And only secondarily due to biological differences, which can be cared for with dignity and respect and do not ever mandate oppression or overlays of moral or spiritual or intellectual inferiority of anyone vs anyone else.

To explicitly get down to it, I think the experience of vulnerability and oppression (i.e., of physical weakness, physical vulnerability, curtailment of voice and liberty, of oppression, of sexual exploitation and violence, and of violence and exploitation more broadly) as women is -- far and away -- the most impactful, immediate, ever-present and vastly, hugely, and qualitatively different aspect of woman's lives. As opposed to men's lives.

And these are all aspects of difference which we could disappear tomorrow, had we but the will, the desire, to do so and to live in a different world and in a different way. One that shuns power-over and embraces authentic love.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke