Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 13-02-2017, 10:48 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyScorp
Woop! Woop!

Wedding dress and shapewear totally falling off me :) Big alterations coming! I am so so so happy with my results. It seems better every week! Really in a fitness groove. Gym 4-5 days a week.

30 min cardio
10 min stair machine with butt workouts
Full body weights Tuesday
Arms Thursday
Legs Friday
Full body Saturday
10 minute rowing

Thank you for all your help, guys
awesome libby
Old 17-02-2017, 11:51 PM
Master
Hi libby.

Glad to hear your hotness is shining through.

I've continued training and eating right and am making 'mad gains'. I don't think I could do justice to a wedding dress just yet, but I look pretty good in a t-shirt.

Training legs today.

Last edited by Gem : 18-02-2017 at 03:47 AM.
Old 14-03-2017, 04:38 PM
Pathfinder
Why not try Yoga? It stretches your muscles and organs, and make you stronger at the same time. It also influences your health, mental stability and emotional balance.

Plus it helps your body to find its natural position, I mean, the bones, spine, ankles. It's simply amazing, what regular Yoga practice can do.

I didn't believed, until I tried. Give it a try, find good local teacher, because only then you'll realize what does it mean to give it a try. Doing it from video or book, isn't the same.

I was doing Yoga for very long from book and self practice, but then I tried a certified teacher of B.K.S Iyengar Yoga, who is doing Yoga for over 30 years, I realized what does it mean to work on your body.

Can't wear in words, how good the transformation is.
Old 14-03-2017, 07:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkershine
Why not try Yoga? It stretches your muscles and organs, and make you stronger at the same time. It also influences your health, mental stability and emotional balance.

Plus it helps your body to find its natural position, I mean, the bones, spine, ankles. It's simply amazing, what regular Yoga practice can do.

I didn't believed, until I tried. Give it a try, find good local teacher, because only then you'll realize what does it mean to give it a try. Doing it from video or book, isn't the same.

I was doing Yoga for very long from book and self practice, but then I tried a certified teacher of B.K.S Iyengar Yoga, who is doing Yoga for over 30 years, I realized what does it mean to work on your body.

Does this have anything to do with weightlifting?
Old 15-03-2017, 04:29 AM
Pathfinder
Dear Gem,

I strongly believe that, lenghtened and strenghtened muscles are more powerful.
And that strong and healthy joints are better suited for heavy work as well. The same applies to healthy body, organs, and stable mind.

Therefore, yes, I thinking it has a lot to do with weightlifting.

I was doing gym for many years, and over time, my body became crippled and solid mass of muscles. Now not only it's strong, but also flexible.

I don't see why person who is interested in weightlifting, shouldn't incorporate some of Yoga asanas into practice. To strenghten overall body condition. Maybe if only for stretching before workout, or after when muscles are tired and contracted.

It gives many benefits.

If one focuses only on building strength, it's like developing only on side of your body.

How would you look like after years of training only your left arm? Or only your legs?

Our body is beautiful machine, and it needs proper taking care of.

I wonder what do you think. Because, this may be only my opinion, which I will strongly protect and stand behind.
Old 15-03-2017, 07:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Dear Gem,

I strongly believe that, lenghtened and strenghtened muscles are more powerful.
And that strong and healthy joints are better suited for heavy work as well. The same applies to healthy body, organs, and stable mind.

Therefore, yes, I thinking it has a lot to do with weightlifting.

I was doing gym for many years, and over time, my body became crippled and solid mass of muscles. Now not only it's strong, but also flexible.

I don't see why person who is interested in weightlifting, shouldn't incorporate some of Yoga asanas into practice. To strenghten overall body condition. Maybe if only for stretching before workout, or after when muscles are tired and contracted.

It gives many benefits.

If one focuses only on building strength, it's like developing only on side of your body.

How would you look like after years of training only your left arm? Or only your legs?

Our body is beautiful machine, and it needs proper taking care of.

I wonder what do you think. Because, this may be only my opinion, which I will strongly protect and stand behind.

There is one fellow on youtube named Elliot (Yo Elliot) who is a strongman competitor, and he also practices yoga for what he calls 'physical integrity', and based on what he says I agree that yoga movements/poses help to maintain actual body functioning - as opposed to these pumped up bodybuilders who lumber around wheezing.

In my case I started lifting comparatively late in life at the age of 49 and had poor mobility in spine, shoulders and general inflexibility, so I have been doing mobility exercises from day one of my training. A person who trains properly would include stretches and balances in their program, but many just pump iron, and even that they do with incorrect poise and motion, and tend to throw around more weight than they can truly control, and they end up with injuries, impairments and and poor motor function. In my case, the way I approach weights is to bring strength and mobility together, so I start with a mobility routine before loading up the barbell. Because I'm doing strength training three days a week, I do mobility both on training days and on off days I do a full mobility and stretch routine. That's what I call 'proper training'.

The thing is, you'll never be strong, like squatting twice your body weight, by practicing yoga. Nor will one develop a ripped muscular physique. It probably isn't much good for weight loss either, so yoga isn't suitable for everyone, depending on their fitness goals, but on the other hand, what Elliot refers to as 'physical integrity' is important for anyone, because without that, no matter how strong you are of how jacked you look, the body will not function effectively, and in this sense, as Elliot demonstrates, yoga (or pilates or something of that nature) is a great way, one of the best ways, for strongpeople to retain and improve overall motor function for the long term.
Old 15-03-2017, 04:41 PM
Pathfinder
Gem,

I like your approach.

The body needs both. If one focuses solely on building strength, you know what happens.

But ultimately the question is what do you want your body to be like.

Do you want big muscles? Yoga, probably won't give you this, just as you said.

But Yoga has so much more to offer. It doesn't focus solely on physical body.

The work in Yoga goes much deeper, to the core of your being. It strengthens your will, your mental capabilities, not to mention your soul.

I gave up weightlifting some time ago, but I strongly believe that your body is all you need.

Just look at people who do callisthenics. I don't know if there are any limits.

The choice is: what you enjoy.

If you like what you do with your body, it's awesome. Because what is really important is that you work with your body, make it move, exercise, any way you like.

Weightlifting, was for me an adventure, then I went through callisthenics, but now, I see that I am mostly focusing on Yoga.

And I am spreading the joy I find from doing it.

All the best to you!

Old 18-03-2017, 09:26 PM
Ascender
Quote:

:) I love yoga

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=87513

Here is my thread on yoga
Old 18-03-2017, 09:52 PM
Ascender

I do push ups and sit ups on a daily basis and have just started incorporating squats into my routine. It takes me a bit over half an hour in the morning and with the squats I expect it to stretch into about 40 minutes.
Old 21-03-2017, 03:13 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Hi Rainbow.

I have only been able to do a deadlift for maybe a month or 6 weeks, as my lower back lacked mobility and I just couldn't get the posture at all, but recently I have got the posture and started to add weight. I was wondering if one includes the weight of the bar, or do you just count the weight you add on to it? Last time I lifted with 2 X 20 kg plates which is roughly 90 lb, but the bar weighs 20 kg as well. Do I add the weight of the bar, or just say '90 lb'?

I had to stop benchpress for a couple of weeks because my shoulder hurt, and that's one big problem I've had since day one: my shoulders are not working right. For some reason I can still do dumb bell press, and use 15 kg (about 35 lb) dumbells X 12 reps and 4 sets.

I have been continuing to work on squats and I can get through the full range of motion without losing posture now, but I'm not ready to add weight on just yet. I push 140 kg and 160 kg (310 and 350 lb) on legpress - sets of 12 - which is basically the magic number I work around.

Gem- make when you dead lift you have correct forme. Your back shouldn't hurt. When you approach the bar one palm facing up, the other down- whatever is more comfortable for you. When you go to grab the bar pull your shoulders back stand up and push your hips forward. Your arms in the deadlift are simply hooks. Use your legs and breath to pull you up. Make sure you pop your butt put before you stand also. And mess around with your stance. Toes should be slightly turned out like when you squat. Powerlifting is amazing. You are a bad *** for doing it. Keep it up- being strong mentally and physically is admirable. ♡♡♡♡