Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 27-03-2015, 09:38 PM
Master
Hello Louisa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa
i like this one..

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”
― Julian of Norwich
This prayer reminds me of a simple prayer and chant by St Francis of Assisi.
"My God my all."

What I like about short prayers is that they can easily be said with full intent - with God from the heart, without getting caught up with what ME in my prayer.
Old 28-03-2015, 01:54 AM
Master

oh, i like that one..

yes, i like simple prayers too. they do help to clear the mind,..

sometimes i like to walk and recite a prayer with every step, a simple verse used as a mantra, over and over and i really feel it can build up the power of the prayer that way too, maybe because it helps still the thoughts.
Old 28-03-2015, 02:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa
...sometimes i like to walk and recite a prayer with every step, a simple verse used as a mantra, over and over and i really feel it can build up the power of the prayer that way too, maybe because it helps still the thoughts.
I agree. It mainly helps me to stay in conscious contact with my Higher Power. It is a way of showing my love. You see, I love to love the Love that loves me.
Old 28-03-2015, 08:44 AM
Guide
The Ana beKoach prayer - s a powerful prayer as well:

http://bareketdesign.com/the-ana-bekoach-prayer/
Old 28-03-2015, 09:47 AM
Master
Hello lenvd64

Yes it is an interesting prayer. However, I am unfamiliar with it, and the workings of the seven lines.
For me, I will not question its power.

I have experienced powerful Christian prayer and chants, using Hebrew words that I did not understand.
During the prayer meditation I received mental imagery.
After the prayer meeting, I expressed my imagery to the group, and they confirmed that I saw exactly what the Hebrew words meant.
This surprised me, and wondered if my soul-mind had no language boundaries, like my body-mind, and simply related what the prayer was saying.
Since that day, I do not question the power of prayer.
Old 28-03-2015, 11:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor
I agree. It mainly helps me to stay in conscious contact with my Higher Power. It is a way of showing my love. You see, I love to love the Love that loves me.

yes, the conscious contact.. sometimes all i need is to will there to be a contact, without knowing what to say in my own words.. because sometimes my own words are too difficult for me to articulate clearly, on whatever issue i'm confronting.. and so then, a ready made prayer or short saying can be good, or a mantra... or just the thought, or even an inarticulate cry, tears, (i think god takes pity on us, though i try to be confident, in god's grace, patient in hardship,... but when confidence rather fails, i think he condescends to our suffering, and we are not alone if we reach with some faith and humility and beseech) or sometimes my prayer is merely listening, ... (and god then knows i'm listening).. meditative divination, etc..

but i think it works best when a strong link has been made to the higher power, in many of the above cases (for example, my divination works much better than it used to, and i have done a lot of work to establish a strong connection to the divine).

i read a quote about something like "always keeping the bridge between worlds open", in a book i'm reading now, 'brida' by paulo coehlo.. it reminds me of that and made an impact on me... i'm always consulting my guidance.. (maybe sometimes too much though, in a worryful way.. lol sigh.. trying to learn to "be still and know that i am god," more... which.. goes back to what you say about shifting out of the individual self.)

it is so beautiful to feel that mysterious love from love, from god, or whatever you would call god.
Old 28-03-2015, 11:43 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenvdb64
The Ana beKoach prayer - s a powerful prayer as well:

http://bareketdesign.com/the-ana-bekoach-prayer/

i do believe in the power of words, and the vibration, having experienced such myself. i will try to pray this prayer sometime, .. have been curious and interested in judaism and kabbalah, but i know little about it.

sometime i feel i need a little added energy besides my own words, and i have experienced he power of prayers in other languages, which is a power i needed at the time, not for greed, but only to be released from suffering, and to have the power to do good in my life, for others, and find the ability to care for myself in essential ways.
Old 28-03-2015, 11:48 AM
Master

i like to recite and even just hear some mantras of tibetan buddhism and hinduism, because i have felt called to them sometimes, and they really helped to ease my suffering and to bring luck. i stumbled on a few serendipitously, and sought others, after visions of hindu gods. i like the green tara mantra, and the meaning behind it. also i like the medicine buddha mantra. and i like some mantras to krishna and ganesh. as well as others. i don't do mantras that often, but i really do find they help a lot. i just don't always feel like stilling my mind so much.

i think it matters the respect and sincerity one has, when using powerful words such as these special prayers and mantras with vibrational power or symbolic magical power. still i can't deny the power of the words or the symbols themselves. power is sometimes looked down on, as unspiritual, or something not to seek.. but i think it is needed and innocent and good sometimes. sometimes needed to free from oppression, and better to use powerful vibrational words than to just plea to the gods in one's own word and language, i say. pleas for help don't always seem to be heard, as much as the mysterious, ancient words are heard, somehow or another.
Old 28-03-2015, 12:03 PM
Master

i like many of thich nhat hanh's verses, which can be said like prayers...
have many of his books, may add some of his verses here later.
Old 30-03-2015, 08:45 AM
Guide
I am beginning to be more inclined to understanding that such prayers and mantras are all about generating certain vibrations. And that such vibrations attract to you those which are alike. This goes for sigils as well.