Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 16-03-2015, 10:54 AM
Master

that makes me think, there are lots of things i like to use in prayer and ritual and affirmation, visualization (similar, no clear delineation, to me, but i do have different types of "prayer" that i use for differing purposes).

many things may help me to access the inner child, the poet's heart, seeing the world with fresh wondering eyes, every small imperfect thing.

poetry can too (reading and writing it, is a form of prayer, because it helps me to appreciate the wonder),

...and poetic prayers, the rhyme and rhythm. the repetition. tone, pitch, music. ritual motions, symbolism.

another thing i like to include in my prayers sometimes is to make up elaborate meanings and to create symbols that symbolize elaborate things for me, and then i use the symbols in my prayers. that way, i quickly activate much meaning in my prayers without words. a picture worth a thousand words, you know.

and, things which help me to get into my body, and out of my mind. the calm, acceptant, present moment state. for me, senses, of all kinds, especially certain fragrances, and maybe some other things too..

they say that frankincense alters brain chemistry and facilitates a positive frame of mind.
Old 26-03-2015, 02:27 PM
Master

one thing about thank you is that i like to say it from after every prayer of asking, like thank you for hearing me, thank you for giving me whatever i truly need, .. and thank you for the good things yet to come, a gesture of confidence that my prayers will be fulfilled. sometimes i feel that faith, but other times my faith is not in that it will be fulfilled, but that i still believe and i am glad because i still feel that prayers get some response, ant make my life more meaningful.

when i say faith that my prayers will be fulfilled, i also mean, they will be fulfilled in the best way, sometimes which is a "no" to the thing i'm asking for. because i need something else, or i need to wait, before i may have it.

i also like thank you to be focusing on the beauty, the joy, the peace, or the love, or the learning, in any time i can find it. there is almost always one of those things, even if it's learning, or the opportunity to gradually learn, the finding a silver lining. then that beautiful moment expands to fill the moment more fully and often, to color the rest of my ongoing moments, and maybe even my whole day, so that is a use of thank you, an inner felt thank you, an inner attention, even if i don't think the words, thank you, but i know it's heard from above.
Old 26-03-2015, 02:30 PM
Master

but sometimes i do think prayers may not be answered, not because they're not deserved or needed, nor because gods don't care ( i personally think that gods/god/higher self/selves/source.. etc. ) care for us personally.

yet we still are on our own till we learn to align appropriately. sometimes we align appropriately somehwat, but not in all ways.. so we may ge ta partial answer, but not a total fulfilling of our prayer.

simply my beliefs.. (and, my opinions, of course..)
Old 26-03-2015, 02:36 PM
Master

there are many things i do to try to align and get into the right state of mind and emotions and the right energy, so maybe i will write more about them some time. they include things that aid with faith, and mystical words, signs, and objects, and they include things that help to facilitate subconscious associations that open me up. as well as fun, childlike, inner child opening and subconscious associations, memories, visualizing aligned with inner child things... and also good feelings, whatever makes one feel good at that very moment,.. and, hope, looking for the good, ... keeping looking, even when you don't really see it, keep opening, and searching and trying to see what may be there, considering possibly good ideas, even if i'm not sure of them, tentatively holding them, looking for them,..

an important ingredient seems to be trying, and opening to hope and wanting to do whatever you need to do to have the prayer fulfilled, to do your own part.. "god helps those who help themselves",.. the faith to at least try.. and to believe that your prayer might be answered. and the patience and nonresistance to wait however long it may take, to go through whatever must be borne, ...

just a few more thoughts i had this morning. kind of incoherent, i guess but i may expand more later, thought they're worth putting here at least, in case they may help someone, and to remind myself about one of my favorite topics.
Old 26-03-2015, 03:47 PM
Master

one of my favorite ways to pray is to do ho'opono'pono..

the hawaiian indigenous prayer..

"i'm sorry.
please forgive me.
thank you.
i love you."

it has become a popular thing, with books on it and such, but i think many of the modern versions are a bit far from the traditional.. i don't know much about it, except for what i've read and my own experiences..

and i use it as a sort of chant, but more than a chant, i feel ti and contemplate on it. so i do not merely say it, but think aobut why i might feel sorry, why i may ask for forgiveness, why would i be thanking this (being, moment, world, life, circumstance..), and why would i love it, etc..

i use it as a deep contemplation, but also the chant itself seems powerful, if i have contemplated enough in the past, .. then i think my subconscious brings memories up even if i'm not conscious of it.

it is about reconciling, purifying, wanting things to be right, being in a right relationship, and seeing the interrelationship of all things in life, the reciprocity and of how we all relate and rely and are all tied to each other in subtle ways,...

i would like to maybe write more about it another time, to explain, and to discuss. but for now, i thought i'd share that "prayer" as i thought of it.
Old 26-03-2015, 04:16 PM
Guide
The Ana Bekoach Prayer

The Ana BeKoach (Ana BeCoach or Ana B’Koach) prayer was written in the first century by a great kabalistic Rabbi – Rabbi Nehonia. The prayer was written according to the seventy names of God – a term related to Abraham. The Ana BeKoach is composed of seven lines, with six words in each line.

Last edited by Gracey : 27-03-2015 at 12:30 AM.
Old 27-03-2015, 11:03 AM
Master

thank you, that is a beautiful prayer.
Old 27-03-2015, 11:27 AM
Master
Thank you for loving me.
Old 27-03-2015, 02:09 PM
Master

that is very beautiful. to affirm the love of god, or the universe, or whatever you're praying to. ... really like that. can be easy to forget how loved we are, but that is a good way to remind, remember, affirm being loved and then go so far as to give gratitude for it.
Old 27-03-2015, 04:54 PM
Master

i like this one..

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”
― Julian of Norwich

i use it as a prayer... sometime i just say "i am well".. or some other variation of this idea, affirming wellness, .. well being of whatever and whoever it is i want to be well. i like reading about julian of norwich, and her faith, her visions, that led her to write this. it was inspiring and aligns to things i have similarly experienced.