Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 12-03-2015, 01:41 PM
Master

favorite prayers

would you like to share? (any religions/beliefs)..

one of my favorites:

The Prayer of Saint Francis

Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy.

O divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled as to console,
To be understood as to understand,
To be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
It is in dying to self that we are born to eternal life.

Sarah McLachlan - Prayer of St. Francis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFkjdFgqOY4
Old 12-03-2015, 02:15 PM
Knower
The Prayer of Saint Francis is also one of my favorite prayers, and so is the Serenity Prayer.

The Serenity Prayer

God grant me
The serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:11 PM
Master

i really love that one too! i have learned how powerful it really is, over time.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:26 PM
Gracey

Mine is : "Thank you"
Old 13-03-2015, 12:55 AM
Experiencer

I like the Scottish traditional prayer, "From ghoulies, and ghosties, and long-leggedy beasties, Good Lord, deliver us." I like it so much, that I painted it on a plaque, and have it hanging on my bedroom door. But, I think Gracey is right - "Thank You" is the best prayer of all. How often do we remember to say that, and not ask for anything else?
Old 13-03-2015, 02:14 PM
Master

yes, thank you is a great prayer, and i've heard it said a few times, if it was the only prayer you ever said, that would be enough. maybe in a sense, and for some people, that is true.

good to remember such a simple little prayer. easy to say, and apt in so many circumstances. maybe anytime, if you can feel it even when there is not cause. sometimes i can do that. it is based on memories and awareness of things that are worth being grateful for, even if they're not here with me at this moment.
Old 13-03-2015, 02:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieCotton
I like the Scottish traditional prayer, "From ghoulies, and ghosties, and long-leggedy beasties, Good Lord, deliver us." I like it so much, that I painted it on a plaque, and have it hanging on my bedroom door. But, I think Gracey is right - "Thank You" is the best prayer of all. How often do we remember to say that, and not ask for anything else?

this is very charming. love it. thanks for sharing. i love things that make me feel whimsical and magical, like i'm in another world, away from modern day society and life where i am. then i find i can tap into the magic in those times and worldviews.

i've heard that people in certain parts of europe often really do hold some belief still in things like fairies and such. i think it is beautiful. the world needs more magic, and beliefs come true, as much as they can, i have seen strange things, i will say. careful what you believe..
Old 13-03-2015, 02:25 PM
Master

careful what you pray for too.. lol

i read a book once, Healing Words: The Power of Prayer and the Practice of Medicine, ... i liked it fairly well, because it made me think outside of some of my boxes concerning prayer. one was turning it over to higher powers, instead of being to particular about what is best or what i want to happen and what i ask for.

yet, with law of attraction to add to that, i guess, i think we have more choice and co-creative powers than maybe i had thought.. so it's a balance,.. handing it to god, gods, higher self, or destiny, whatever you call it..

hehe

and then taking an active power to choose for oneself..

and then, recognizing when maybe ther eis no need to try to have input, because there are so many cocreators.. maybe some things are not really "ours" and our actions or thoughts might impact, but not enough for us to worry about? well, this is a debate i'm considering in my own mind..

which means it's better for me to stop worrying, i think.. and just be in the moment..

i think present moment awareness, silence, beyond words, can be seen as a kind of prayer too. sometimes the best, to still the mind, when the words can't contain the vast ever changingness.. i think...
Old 15-03-2015, 08:09 PM
Pathfinder
By the Star
By the Rose
By the Cup that She holds
Pouring forth Her Gifts
Of Life, Peace, and Wisdom
So may Her Blessings fill
My Life this day,
Blessed Be!
Old 16-03-2015, 10:48 AM
Master

that is beautiful, ebony doe. the imagery is very moving, and appeals to something deep in my subconscious, i feel. to me, the most powerful prayers are ones that access the subconscious and the inner child also. this, for me, seems to...