Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 20-09-2018, 03:00 AM
Knower

strange dreams

The last couple nights I had some dreams and one made no sense at all.
The first dream I saw my brother sitting in a chair when I walked into the room. My brother died a little over 3 years ago which didn't make any sense why I had this dream but then it really got even more strange.

I started talking to my brother asking how could he be here when he died years ago.

He said he didn't really die. He said his wife and he had divorced and he moved to North Carolina. Years ago I believe he and his wife had a second home in NC but his wife sold it after he died. He said his wife and kids all know he didn't die.

He and his wife were happily married about 53 years before he died. His wife has had a very hard time missing him greatly. Two hearts of a love pod for sure.

There is no way I could tell her about this dream. I don't think she would take it to well.

Another night I had a dream I was going on a vacation in a place I had never been to before. We arrived by plane and we went into town. Somehow we got separated and then I got mugged. I was robbed of my wallet that had all my money and credit cards as well as they took my cell phone.

So there I was someplace that I didn't know anyone I could get some help from and my friend was long gone and with no phone I couldn't even call her. I didn't have a car and only had the clothes I was wearing. I didn't have two nickels to rub together and no credit card to pay for anything. I thought about calling my brother back in the states but I didn't know his number that was on my phone. I started thinking my future was looking very bleak and I probably would end up living and sleeping in the streets. I thought how was I going to eat since I had no money.

Luckily I was able to wake myself up. I have been able to do that in bad past dreams. I had to stay up a bit because when I laid back down I realized I was about to go back into the dream.

I quite often have had dreams where I was totally lost. I hate these kind of dreams. I often wonder are these dreams because I feel lost as to where I am going in life now that I retired.
Old 20-09-2018, 05:58 PM
Knower

Hi there Open. I don't know much about communication with the deceased but I am currently reading a book on the subject.( I lost my mum early this year and have lits if qyestions.)
I think your brother is trying to communicate with you but somehow your preconceptions prevents the communication from fully happening.
I get an idea that the language your brother was using with you was a figurative one: he divorced from his wife, aka they separated as inevitable consequence of death; he went to North Carolina, aka he went North, he went somewhere else above us, but ultimately he still is. His wife and children know he didn't really die: possibly, they still feel him close, as if he never died.
I am just guessing, hope I did not upset you, I know it's an extra delicate matter.
In the book I am reading, it says the images of this kind of dreams may be somehow "tainted" by our lack of hope and extreme rationality. Like, in the second dream you wanted to phone him but the phone was lost...
The book is called: The Hereafter and Here at hand" by Giulia Jeary Knap. It's given me a tremendous relief in the last days. Sending you hugs!
Old 23-09-2018, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator
I like the take the previous poster had on you brother. I suspect the second dream relates to your fears about retirement (being on vacation) and losing your identity and finances. Working often gives us a sense of purpose and we can become lost in who we think we are without it. Also the lose of the security of the paycheck can leave us feeling like we will run out of money so maybe address those things. How you may have identified too much with your line of work and your fear of money. Retirement should be a time of fun and freedom but you may feel a bit lost on how to feel free of burden and trust your needs will be met.
Old 01-11-2021, 07:32 AM
Newbie ;)

I have been dreaming of numbers 111 and 222 lately. Don't know the reason why?