Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Light Workers & Earth Angels

Old 01-06-2017, 07:52 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer
Sorry I've been away for a bit and didn't get to reply earlier.

I don't feel I'm doing a disservice to myself by not charging for "spiritual services". My "calling" is similar to many out there, and my job provides me with plenty of opportunities to assist people with tangible results through situations that they don't have the luxury of money, peace, or health to take time to address their spiritual growth. There are many "light workers" out there in public service jobs (First Responders, Nurses, Doctors, Teachers) as well as every other job type, who make their world a significantly better place and often would never think that they are providing a spiritual service.

My job involves me sorting through the chaos that is our world: often in life and death situations. In the rare moments I get to connect with and provide guidance to someone who is fortunate enough to be able to work on their spiritual journey, I am thrilled for them and that is payment in and of itself. As far as gauging if someone is sincere in their desire to grow, it really doesn't matter to me if they are or aren't at this point in their life. One of my roles in my career is a trainer, and if I am teaching someone who doesn't want to learn, it's no skin off my back. Same for spiritual teachings.

It would certainly tickle my ego convincing myself that the advice I provide changes someone for the better, which alone is worth charging money for. I'm not trying to be disrespectful with the previous statement, but I highly believe that everybody is capable of providing themselves with all the spiritual knowledge and guidance that they need (as opposed to want). Many people are lazy, not willing, or just not in a position to go down that path, and therefore they seek exterior guidance. So if they are fortunate enough to have money and time to pay for those services: all the power to them. And with that, I'm okay with people charging others for money for those things. But let's not raise ourselves on a pedestal either.

I know you likely will not agree with me, and that's okay. My perspective is shaped by my experiences in life, which may be different from yours and everyone else's who may be reading this.

Thank you for your opinion, and I like to hear what others say.

First of all, I don't think that money, peace, or health is a luxury as you say in your comment. I think it is as normal as the opposite, as we live in a world of duality. I also believe that the "normal" state is abundance and health and the opposite only occurs when you are out of alignment with who you truly are. All negative situations are wake-up calls.

Also, I understand that a lot of people might have "normal" jobs where they are paid and they are helping others, and still do other more "spiritual" work too, or not. I do not feel called (at least not now) to be on any job. I feel called to be a transformational coach and dedicate myself fully to it, therefore yes I need to be paid for my services. Everyone is different and that is what makes sense for me.

I never said that someone might be or not sincere to grow. I said ready, which is completely different.

I agree with what you said that everyone is capable of going within and do their own spiritual work, but in the beginning of a spiritual awakening many people seek spiritual guidance because it is a very confusing and scary time.

I provide for those people at that specific time. Eventually, all people that are committed to their journey of awakening and self-discovery will come to a point where they stop seeking external guidance and will start to listen to themselves, but that is further ahead in the journey.

If I had all the money I need without having to be in a job I do not want to be, I would certainly do the spiritual work for free and reach a lot more people. But I don't.

I have to provide for myself and my daughter and this coaching work is what I feel called to do, nothing else.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by olhosdeamendoa
Does a Lightworker need to pay to take a course and be able to do work?
It's like anything else... offer counselling on Kijiji and you'll get some calls, and people might pay you 20, 40, 60 dollars if they have it and feel they got something out of it.

Or go to school, study and take some training, become a qualified therapist, open a business, and charge hundreds of dollars an hour if you wish. And people will come, and your business will thrive if you're good at what you do, and people will pay for your services because you're good and because you're qualified.
Old 11-06-2017, 08:22 AM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer
Sorry I've been away for a bit and didn't get to reply earlier.

I don't feel I'm doing a disservice to myself by not charging for "spiritual services". My "calling" is similar to many out there, and my job provides me with plenty of opportunities to assist people with tangible results through situations that they don't have the luxury of money, peace, or health to take time to address their spiritual growth. There are many "light workers" out there in public service jobs (First Responders, Nurses, Doctors, Teachers) as well as every other job type, who make their world a significantly better place and often would never think that they are providing a spiritual service.

My job involves me sorting through the chaos that is our world: often in life and death situations. In the rare moments I get to connect with and provide guidance to someone who is fortunate enough to be able to work on their spiritual journey, I am thrilled for them and that is payment in and of itself. As far as gauging if someone is sincere in their desire to grow, it really doesn't matter to me if they are or aren't at this point in their life. One of my roles in my career is a trainer, and if I am teaching someone who doesn't want to learn, it's no skin off my back. Same for spiritual teachings.

It would certainly tickle my ego convincing myself that the advice I provide changes someone for the better, which alone is worth charging money for. I'm not trying to be disrespectful with the previous statement, but I highly believe that everybody is capable of providing themselves with all the spiritual knowledge and guidance that they need (as opposed to want). Many people are lazy, not willing, or just not in a position to go down that path, and therefore they seek exterior guidance. So if they are fortunate enough to have money and time to pay for those services: all the power to them. And with that, I'm okay with people charging others for money for those things. But let's not raise ourselves on a pedestal either.

I know you likely will not agree with me, and that's okay. My perspective is shaped by my experiences in life, which may be different from yours and everyone else's who may be reading this.

I had to smile quietly to myself reading your post/reply.
Lightwork is not a job,that's like offering your service as an empath,lol,!..for money!
Good for you Wanderer,a real answer!

Let her pay 5 grand to a charlatan,in the hope that she can pass on her lightwork knowledge, ( with accreditation )for a fee!
What accreditation do you get for helping others less fortunate than you?
You and I both know that being a light worker is like being an empath,its something you do/have that you supply where and when needed to some less fortunate than you,not than others, but you!
I have met a lot of greedy selfish folk in my time,their God is money,wealth, the more the merrier.

Work is something we do,why do we work?
To support ourselves and our families, but that work really goes toward feeding the machine that creates things to sell to consumers,why,because they are convinced they need these things to be happy.
Lightwork is a duty to self,its not a career,though you are convinced it is a career,that's very sad really,just like paying 3,500 bucks for a 3D printed chakra,including fitting of course,lol.
I see you like a lot of others do not like work,as in a real day job,you want to rake in mucho dollero like the charlatan charging you 5 grand to teach you.
I feel sorry for you,the blind leading the blind,keep your money in your pocket,get a physical dayjob,it may stop you daydreaming about making money for supplying nothing but words?

KRB
Old 11-06-2017, 09:18 PM
Master
My honest answer to your question OP is No.

No a lightworker does not need to take a course to do lightworking work.

As far as I have learned, lightworkers identify with helping others. They do energy work, but essentially why are they doing energy work? To clear energy. Why? Well to help others I assume. Why else would one bother?

Do we as individuals need to pay money to lift a hand and help others? No. It requires action, on our part that's all.

You do not need to pay to learn how to be a lightworker either if that is what you are asking.

I never paid to learn how to heal another. What I did was try it. And that really was the start of what it took. Trying.

Gurus may very well prove to be a waste of time, money, and most obviously someone who expects money for enlightenment is a fraud.

Expecting money to pay the bills is honest. Expecting money because you have all the answers and your path is the true and only path to enlightenment is a falsehood, an outright lie.

No you do not need to pay for a course to be able to do the work of a lightworker. Consider perhaps whether it is you actually would like to or not. If the cost is worth it.

If it isn't. You have your answer. If you believe it is, may wish to consider why it is you believe this, if the answer is still yes. I suppose you have your answer.

Ask yourself, is it worth considering?

Namaste.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:26 AM
Knower

To the OP -- I don't mind paying someone for their spiritual knowledge, if they're not faking it. And for the teachers to survive they have to pay bills, and I don't mind paying them for their time and skills.

Some classes didn't seem worth it (just my opinion), but I've always learned something useful from them. Some classes blow my mind and am incredibly grateful for being near spiritual teachers who are so gifted and advanced.

Around the Washington DC area, the going rate is around 100 to 150 dollars per day (sometimes a bit higher or lower). Anything higher than that and I'm VERY skeptical and wonder why the price is so high.

I like being on my own spiritually, but also like taking classes once in a while, because if I run into glitches (especially scary ones), there's usually a teacher or classmate, who I can call for help. And that's been so incredibly helpful. Sometimes I won't find an answer for a while, then suddenly, a call out-of-the-blue from someone gives a bingo and you have a quantum leap in your skills.

Just my two cents worth.
Old 17-07-2017, 02:23 PM
Guide
It sounds to me like she's a scam. 5K for a spirituality course? eff that! I'd go with your intuition and not waste a cent on this person.
Old 15-08-2017, 06:16 PM
Master
hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelRain
It sounds to me like she's a scam. 5K for a spirituality course? eff that! I'd go with your intuition and not waste a cent on this person.

i agrrea.........................

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔