Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 03-09-2014, 01:55 PM
Knower
Am I expecting too much?

Hiya, I hope this post dosen't come across too negative, if it does I am sorry.

I have been doing free readings on Facebook. I do it as I need the practice and I also enjoy helping out others - which gives me great pleasure and happiness.

I'm sure you all appreciate that to do a reading it takes time and energy. Bear in mind I am not charging.

When some people reply I don't get much in turn. I have to push and dig for feedback. Some can't even be bothered to type the words just put, "ty" or hit the "Like" button.

Others are great and show their appreciation.

I sometimes feel used just for entertainment, if I were to charge just £1.00 would many ask for a reading?

What is your opinion please?
Old 03-09-2014, 02:09 PM
Master
Free and the internet are about the best way to ensure zero commitment! If you are looking for a more involved response from people then yes, charging is a way to accomplish that. But that will also bring expectations and demands, so you have to be ready for that as well.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:20 PM
Knower
Wise words Baile, thank you.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puggy
Wise words Baile, thank you.
I am the king of being crushed by peoples' expectations. Took my soul several years to recover.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:27 PM
Master
You notice BTW I did not judge whether you should or shouldn't charge. That's your decision. I will not crush you with expectations of what it is I think you should/shouldn't do. This is the one great thing about offering something free and from the heart, you can happily walk away any time people aren't appreciating your gifts in the way you intended.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:59 PM
Knower
I feel that you think I should charge. I certainly intend to charge in the future. I used Facebook as a trial but I felt reliant on something in return. With a charge it would remove the expectations on my behalf, as you so rightly say, it would create expectations from the querent.

The people who did reply gave me compliments.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puggy
I feel that you think I should charge.
I don't have an opinion as to what you should do. But yes, I would set up some kind of expectation framework at the very least. If I were to put in the effort to help someone in the way you're discussing, I would look for ways to have people play their part as well and take responsibility on some level. For example, when people here on SF post help me threads, I check their post history to see if this is something they do a lot of, and how conscientious they are with regards to responding to comments and even thanking people for their input. If they're not very engaged or interested, I don't type paragraphs and paragraphs. I'll ask a question and wait for them to respond. The pearls before swine adage.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:20 PM
Master

I was going to post something along these lines. I do readings but don't charge, but I do expect an acknowledgement at least if not a thank you. Feedback is great if people want to, but often the feedback comes later when people realize what the reading was about and after it has happened.
I have had people come back after a year and tell me things happened as I said it would and some people (my friends and on SF) have not even had the courtesy to say thank you because it didn't answer what they wanted to hear. I always say thank you even if a reading was off or poor. Some readers may tune in incorrectly, but I know I am hard to read so I am fine with it.

People ask for readings and want to hear things in particular,not what they need to know but what they desire. The two are different and Spirit only lets us know what we need and most people don't understand and think you can't read them. Sometimes things will not be revealed and that is that.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:20 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by froebellian
People ask for readings and want to hear things in particular,not what they need to know but what they desire. The two are different and Spirit only lets us know what we need and most people don't understand and think you can't read them. Sometimes things will not be revealed and that is that.

Or they expect the wow factor.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:23 PM
Knower
I also like Bailes idea of checking history.