Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 30-05-2011, 09:31 PM
Master
G-d giving I Am

The Jewish principle of "I Am nothing, G-d is everything" is one that I have followed closely over the years. Until that is I discovered that I was starting to cease to exist. I was dissipating because I had very little sense of self. I was suffering from illness and low self esteem.

So, I decided to practice some I Am. To strengthen my self love. But keep my relationship with G-d too.

I tried developing a sense of I Am and self love on my own. With a slow success. But then it ocurred to me that I could ask for G-ds help to develop this sense.

Today I asked G-d to give me self love. Today I asked G-d to give me I Am.

It worked. I feel 100% better. Stronger.

I don't believe G-d minds peoples I Am or self esteem as long as they stay true to G-d.

What do you think? I believe G-d is willing to help us develop a strong sense of I Am.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 31-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
The Jewish principle of "I Am nothing, G-d is everything" is one that I have followed closely over the years. Until that is I discovered that I was starting to cease to exist. I was dissipating because I had very little sense of self. I was suffering from illness and low self esteem.

So, I decided to practice some I Am. To strengthen my self love. But keep my relationship with G-d too.

I tried developing a sense of I Am and self love on my own. With a slow success. But then it ocurred to me that I could ask for G-ds help to develop this sense.

I don't believe G-d minds peoples I Am or self esteem as long as they stay true to G-d.

What do you think? I believe G-d is willing to help us develop a strong sense of I Am.

There is a quote from the Chasidic master Rabbi Simcha Bunim of P'shiskha. He said that everyone should have two slips of paper, one in each pants' pocket. On the first paper one should write: ''I am but dust and ashes'', and on the second paper one should write:''The world was created for me.'' Every situation in life requires us to reach into one pocket or another. Spiritual discernment is knowing which piece of paper to read in a given circumstance.

Your problem, so to speak, appears to be that you keep taking out the same piece of paper no matter the situation.

B'shalom,

Peter
Old 31-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Master
That is a great quote Peter. Very insightful. Thanks for your thoughts.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 24-06-2011, 09:19 PM
gentledove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza

This is very beautiful spiritual awareness, imo. You can't love without loving yourself. I perceived and therefore believe that God loves us for the individuals we are...deeply. While we are limited and imperfect and have much cause to be humble, we are truly precious to God. It is God's love which will keep us strong and God's love that gives us inherent and non-negotiable worth.
Old 24-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Master
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
There is a quote from the Chasidic master Rabbi Simcha Bunim of P'shiskha. He said that everyone should have two slips of paper, one in each pants' pocket. On the first paper one should write: ''I am but dust and ashes'', and on the second paper one should write:''The world was created for me.'' Every situation in life requires us to reach into one pocket or another. Spiritual discernment is knowing which piece of paper to read in a given circumstance.

Your problem, so to speak, appears to be that you keep taking out the same piece of paper no matter the situation.

B'shalom,

Peter

Wow. Fascinating. In this case, I'd keep the one about the world being created for me in my right pocket (even women?) and 'lose' the other one because I / we will all be there before you can say Jack Robinson, lol~*

Old 24-06-2011, 11:01 PM
mattie

Honoring & Respecting Self

There are various religions that have taught that we are nothing, even that we are inherently flawed. Just because they have made this part of their dogma, repeating it millions of times for thousands of years doesn’t mean it is right. To put this in context, always remember that it was previously taught as FACT that sailors were in danger of sailing off the edge of the flat planet. My OH My, what fear that must have generated for professional sailors & their families. Likewise, some things that we consider FACT right now & which are being challenged by others who are considered to have novel or even heretical ideas will be accepted thought in 50 years & a mainstream belief in 100 years.

Look back on how much religious beliefs have changed over the years. Few now hold the Old Testament view of a vengeful God favoring ONE tribe over others. From just 500 years Christian beliefs have changed from some that we would consider looney or really extreme today. These wild, but accepted beliefs of 500 years ago included that some were preselected to be saved before they were born & nothing they could do, either by good deeds & intent or bad deeds & intent would modify this. The rest of the unlucky were consigned to suffer in hell. These are actually always changing, so give self the flexibility to adjust these beliefs.

Disdain of self extends beyond the organized religions into new age teachings. This is no more correct. At one point trendy new age seminars on killing off our individuality (ego death) were thought to aid in spiritual advancement.

Ego Is OK, Even ➥➥➥Beloved↵↵↵- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...829#post219829

Having a robust sense of self, fully respecting self, regardless of where we are on our journey or what our energetic/spiritual goals are is the bedrock on which we expand to connect w/ our HS, the rest of our extended energy field (SELF) & the Universe. Having a robust sense of self is NOT being egotistical. Being egotistical is often equated w/ ego/individuality/self/personality but these are completely different things.

Even in my VERY religiously conservative portion of the planet (US southern Bible Belt) Protestant TV evangelists are moving past the disdain of self. One knows that paradigms are indeed changing when this crowd moves on to new empowering ideas!!!

It is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to attain any meaningful level of enlightenment until one fully respects self as being an honored player both of our personal extended energy field & the Universe. The dynamic of our being clueless children mentored & actively managed by a parental deity is changing to our being competent active partners w/ the energy we call God or the Universe (use whatever term one is comfortable w/).
Old 26-06-2011, 04:36 PM
gentledove

Quote:
It is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to attain any meaningful level of enlightenment until one fully respects self as being an honored player both of our personal extended energy field & the Universe. The dynamic of our being clueless children mentored & actively managed by a parental deity is changing to our being competent active partners w/ the energy we call God or the Universe (use whatever term one is comfortable w/).

Yes mattie I agree with you...as usual!

Last edited by gentledove : 26-06-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old 28-06-2011, 03:06 PM
A Glass named Esther

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
There are various religions that have taught that we are nothing, even that we are inherently flawed. Just because they have made this part of their dogma, repeating it millions of times for thousands of years doesn’t mean it is right. To put this in context, always remember that it was previously taught as FACT that sailors were in danger of sailing off the edge of the flat planet. My OH My, what fear that must have generated for professional sailors & their families. Likewise, some things that we consider FACT right now & which are being challenged by others who are considered to have novel or even heretical ideas will be accepted thought in 50 years & a mainstream belief in 100 years.

Look back on how much religious beliefs have changed over the years. Few now hold the Old Testament view of a vengeful God favoring ONE tribe over others. From just 500 years Christian beliefs have changed from some that we would consider looney or really extreme today. These wild, but accepted beliefs of 500 years ago included that some were preselected to be saved before they were born & nothing they could do, either by good deeds & intent or bad deeds & intent would modify this. The rest of the unlucky were consigned to suffer in hell. These are actually always changing, so give self the flexibility to adjust these beliefs.

Disdain of self extends beyond the organized religions into new age teachings. This is no more correct. At one point trendy new age seminars on killing off our individuality (ego death) were thought to aid in spiritual advancement.

Ego Is OK, Even ➥➥➥Beloved↵↵↵- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=219829#post219829

Having a robust sense of self, fully respecting self, regardless of where we are on our journey or what our energetic/spiritual goals are is the bedrock on which we expand to connect w/ our HS, the rest of our extended energy field (SELF) & the Universe. Having a robust sense of self is NOT being egotistical. Being egotistical is often equated w/ ego/individuality/self/personality but these are completely different things.

Even in my VERY religiously conservative portion of the planet (US southern Bible Belt) Protestant TV evangelists are moving past the disdain of self. One knows that paradigms are indeed changing when this crowd moves on to new empowering ideas!!!

mattie:

It's sounding to me like you might have a bone to pick?

Before lumping everything together into "various religions" you might want to explore what the Torah teachings are on this subject?

-esther
Old 30-06-2011, 01:47 AM
gentledove

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Glass named Esther
mattie:

It's sounding to me like you might have a bone to pick?

Before lumping everything together into "various religions" you might want to explore what the Torah teachings are on this subject?

-esther

REally?

I didn't pick that up in what mattie wrote at all.

I guess people just perceive things differently...best wishes.
Old 30-06-2011, 02:57 AM
A Glass named Esther

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentledove
REally?

I didn't pick that up in what mattie wrote at all.

I guess people just perceive things differently...best wishes.

It can always be a situation of "did you hear what I meant to say". Especially in an online forum.

However, I wasn't basing my questions on just what was posted in this thread.

Hopefully mattie will answer and help clarify.

-esther