Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 24-03-2018, 04:43 PM
Experiencer

We have some material from the compost leftover. I was going to add it to the fig tree. Perhaps the blood orange tree needs some of that good stuff too?
Old 28-03-2018, 07:49 PM
Deactivated Account
I've been saving for my own home for since I can remember so that I can have a beautiful habitat garden for wild animals and veggie patch as well.

Houses are very expensive in my country but one day... one day.

Right now everything is in pots but the climate where I live is very hot so it can be a bit tricky to get veggies to grow in pots.
Old 29-03-2018, 01:12 AM
Super Moderator
emeraldheart.....you would have to water them regularly, but potatoes do very well in pots. Of course, large pots, and don't let them get dried out. But not TOO much water either. You don't want to rot them.

You could also build a raised bed ....like a long box. For other veg, such as greens, carrots, etc. You can even construct a mini poly-tunnel with a long raised bed and some transparent polythene. That can help keep moisture in and insect attackers etc out.
Old 07-04-2018, 11:02 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldheart
I've been saving for my own home for since I can remember so that I can have a beautiful habitat garden for wild animals and veggie patch as well.

Houses are very expensive in my country but one day... one day.

Right now everything is in pots but the climate where I live is very hot so it can be a bit tricky to get veggies to grow in pots.

Maybe where you live there are community gardens around? here there are some i'v volunteer worked in before and the people always let you take fruit an veg or herbs from the garden, in a way it becomes like your own garden, it's shared, every one chips in to make it awesome in some way. But also there is one guy i know who has a crazy garden, he grows so much things to eat, he will also get flowers and plants that attract certain types of bugs that will fend off other types of bugs and support this plant an that plant and .. yea.. theres really a whole science to it as well.
Old 26-04-2018, 08:59 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
Maybe where you live there are community gardens around? here there are some i'v volunteer worked in before and the people always let you take fruit an veg or herbs from the garden, in a way it becomes like your own garden, it's shared, every one chips in to make it awesome in some way. But also there is one guy i know who has a crazy garden, he grows so much things to eat, he will also get flowers and plants that attract certain types of bugs that will fend off other types of bugs and support this plant an that plant and .. yea.. theres really a whole science to it as well.

Hi, I just saw this !

There is an amazing community garden jungle - about 20 minutes down the road from me - (it is the closest one to my place)...
Unfortunately it is only for a specific demographic though as it run by a specific charity for a specific cause... and I don't 'fit' the criteria.

I have thought about approaching my local council or something along those lines though to see if there is any interest in my community... and have even noted a cool plot of land on my walks which has been vacant for quite some time now and would make a cool spot for a community garden.

I currently grow produce (leafy greens, tomatoes and herbs... soon to grow patio citrus) in pots at my place and a sneaky passionfruit over the fence for myself and the neighbours to share.
Old 27-05-2018, 10:34 AM
Master
A few days ago I was going through my garden. Planting and cleaning it up for the season. While dumping some of last year's annuals out of there pots I noticed one of my ginko trees I didn't protect before winter. (Winter here will kill most plants if left above ground). The sapling looked dead and dryer out so I was going to dump the tree out. After I dumped it, I had a strong "feeling" that yelled, NOOO!! LOOK! so I checked the roots, the roots were showing new growth. So I put the tree back in it's pot and I am waiting to see if it will grow back. I have a deep connection with ginko trees. There just my favorite tree and have grown many from seed.
Old 27-05-2018, 06:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
A few days ago I was going through my garden. Planting and cleaning it up for the season. While dumping some of last year's annuals out of there pots I noticed one of my ginko trees I didn't protect before winter. (Winter here will kill most plants if left above ground). The sapling looked dead and dryer out so I was going to dump the tree out. After I dumped it, I had a strong "feeling" that yelled, NOOO!! LOOK! so I checked the roots, the roots were showing new growth. So I put the tree back in it's pot and I am waiting to see if it will grow back. I have a deep connection with ginko trees. There just my favorite tree and have grown many from seed.

Good thing you repotted it. With your care, it'll grow.

I have potentilla shrubs and they look like they're dead each and every season. Out of all the trees and shrubs we have, they are the last to leaf out. Our lilacs are in full bloom and the potentilla are just beginning to leaf out. The branches are still dry and brittle which on other shrubs and trees indicate dead branches.

Nature is indeed amazing.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 28-05-2018, 02:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
Good thing you repotted it. With your care, it'll grow.

I have potentilla shrubs and they look like they're dead each and every season. Out of all the trees and shrubs we have, they are the last to leaf out. Our lilacs are in full bloom and the potentilla are just beginning to leaf out. The branches are still dry and brittle which on other shrubs and trees indicate dead branches.

Nature is indeed amazing.
I have a rose of Sharon that looks dead every spring until it warms up. I live in a little microenvironment. For example I work 9 miles from home. There was a 24° temp different been work and home. A 15° difference is more normal. I have many ginko seedlings all but that one is sprouting. For a plant type to survive over 200, million years I am sure it has a few survival tricks.
Old 28-05-2018, 06:05 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldheart
Hi, I just saw this !

There is an amazing community garden jungle - about 20 minutes down the road from me - (it is the closest one to my place)...
Unfortunately it is only for a specific demographic though as it run by a specific charity for a specific cause... and I don't 'fit' the criteria.

I have thought about approaching my local council or something along those lines though to see if there is any interest in my community... and have even noted a cool plot of land on my walks which has been vacant for quite some time now and would make a cool spot for a community garden.

I currently grow produce (leafy greens, tomatoes and herbs... soon to grow patio citrus) in pots at my place and a sneaky passionfruit over the fence for myself and the neighbours to share.

Nice emerald, we use to have a few herbs tomatoes and chillies, still have a big peach tree and lemon tree, but like I said I also can visit some community gardens when ever I want, my grandfather was a farmer too and when he was alive his back yard was like a shopping market, he just grew everything, I use to hang out with him in his yard when he was around sometimes, he also made his own wine, he would never even buy a shovel he would make one out of something, maybe a pole and bend some metal then weld them together, he just did everything like that very self sufficient I suppose..

But yea that sounds good what u shared.. there's also one community garden I know of where they have a few different spots for all the reffugees like Asian people have there gardens and the Africans have there's and the way grow things and create tools of there own is interesting, one of the men from Burma I think it is, made this massive thing, it's made out of wood and works like a printer, a computer printer but it's made out of wood and creates cloth, some one has to sit there tho and push with there legs and move stuff about but it was impressive imo.
Old 23-09-2018, 07:39 AM
Master
Have you fertilize the tree with the proper fertilizer at ther appropriate times during the year?