Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 08-01-2018, 03:50 PM
Color

I am big reader of Nisargadatta and Ramana Maharshi...2 very similar in
their teachings and realization methods, as most know.

So I found it especially wonderful to have been recommended the book that
helps to understand their 'methods' better ...thought some might be interested...it is not for the faint of heart on the inner Path.
Can almost give one a headache, ha, until you plow through resistance,
being aware of Awareness, so no body, no world, no thought awareness, for long periods of time .. wow.
To my surprise for no reason , maybe after a week....I would suddenly, out of nowhere feel a welling up of pure Joy within me...
like a scent that floats by in the air and takes you into 'a zone'.
Why? Because I had been practicing being aware of Awareness? The ''I Am"?
Yup.

'The Direct Means To Eternal Bliss' - Micheal Langford....thin paperback....for the more serious meditators...
you'll see what I mean if you get the book...It could be described as 'intensive instruction'....just right for this group...

Ha : EDIT : "The Most Direct Means to Eternal Bliss"

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-01-2018, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
...Chapter 7 of The Bhagavad Gita .
SEVEN: KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Lord Shri Krishna said: Listen, O Arjuna! And I will tell thee how thou shalt know Me in my Full perfection, practising meditation with thy mind devoted to Me, and having Me for thy refuge.”
Ah, Ch 7....one of my favorite things...

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-01-2018, 03:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
How very interesting. I was unaffected by affirmation because i know the only reason I would say something like 'I love and approve of myself' was a response to my actual self hatred. ...
I think 'affirmations' (like 'prayer') can/will only 'work' to change the configuration of the lattice of existing probability-patterns, the 'work' if a person at some level believes that what is 'affirmed' or 'prayed for' something which is not only possible but that what is presently being encountered/suffered/endured is not really what is best/right for oneself (and/or others), IOW that what is 'affirmed' or 'prayed for' would really be 'gooder' or 'better'.

They may/can/will 'work' to change a person's attitude, situation, 'destiny' etc. if said person 'sees' that his or her present pattern is really undeserved and, if it ever was 'deserved', no longer serves a 'good' purpose. Hence the importance of repentance and self-forgiveness in relation to any negative 'judgments' one may harbor in relation to oneself. Hence (IMO) the importance of including 'forgiveness' part "Our Father who art in heaven, blah-de-bah, forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, blah-de-blah" in the 'prayer' that Jesus recommended.

Thought reinforced by feeling 'affirmations' can 'work' practically instantaneous changes as desired (though, in my case, it usually requires repetition and deeper and deeper and deeper mental and emotional realizations for said changes to fully unfold and blossom, and the process never ends).

In the case where 'rituals', 'talismen', mantric 'prayers' and 'affirmations' and the like don't work, especially if they 'ring' 'hollow' when practiced or thouht, felt and said, I would suggest (introspectively) looking for possible reasons why one began to think, feel and believe and so now continues to think, feel and believe that the 'condition' one wishes to change 'organically' took root and gave rise to the present 'pattern' of/in one's being. If such root-conditioning isn't revisited and altered (re-assessed) as one 'relives' the sequence(s) of events involved in such conditioning, no amount of 'affirmation' or 'prayer' will 'work' (or these will only work in minor but still quite patter-change-limited-and-limiting ways) since the pattern of the 'energy' that is doing the affirming/praying is self-reinforcing - that is the nature of what is meant by conditioning.

This is why abject 'confession' (it can be to one's own 'higher' self as long as one image-ins and so actually experiences 'acceptance' and 'forgiveness' in said regards) can be so empowering.

Of course, such matters can also get pretty convoluted as a result of What I call) false 'guilt' (or 'condemnation') one experiences as a result of one's having unrealistically high standards and expectations, hence negative 'judgments', of oneself as a human. This is where conversation engagement with someone who is has a deeper (more balanced?) intersubjective understanding of the human condition may be useful, even necessary, for their to be a spiritual healing, a spiritually 'healthy' wisdom-regeneration, of one's energy pattern.

Of course, none of this will be of any avail if one can't or for some other reason chooses not to believe that 'health' (hence happiness!) is Life's natural condition (and 'illness', including any kind of 'self'-deprecation, is an unnatural one). In that case, one might as well just go on being 'self'-flagellating and 'self'-rejecting.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Ah, Ch 7....one of my favorite things...
The translation by Shri Purohit Swami, which I personally found spoke most clearly to 'me' , is out of print. It is in the public domain, however (copyright has expired I'm pretty sure), so I typed it up and pdf'd it. Here a link to the entirety of it for anyone interested:

https://davidsundom.weebly.com/uploa...65474/gita.pdf
Old 09-01-2018, 12:53 AM
Deactivated Account
Smile

Quote:
I am big reader of Nisargadatta and Ramana Maharshi...2 very similar in
their teachings and realization methods, as most know.

So I found it especially wonderful to have been recommended the book that
helps to understand their 'methods' better ...thought some might be interested...it is not for the faint of heart on the inner Path.
Can almost give one a headache, ha, until you plow through resistance,
being aware of Awareness, so no body, no world, no thought awareness, for long periods of time .. wow.
To my surprise for no reason , maybe after a week....I would suddenly, out of nowhere feel a welling up of pure Joy within me...
like a scent that floats by in the air and takes you into 'a zone'.
Why? Because I had been practicing being aware of Awareness? The ''I Am"?
Yup.

'The Direct Means To Eternal Bliss' - Micheal Langford....thin paperback....for the more serious meditators...
you'll see what I mean if you get the book...It could be described as 'intensive instruction'....just right for this group...

Ha : EDIT : "The Most Direct Means to Eternal Bliss"
Yes I also love reading Nisargadatta and Ramana Maharshi, and also Osho, I just connect with them.
Old 09-01-2018, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
Yes I also love reading Nisargadatta and Ramana Maharshi, and also Osho, I just connect with them.
Oh, how I wish people knew Rajneesh like I did....nice words, tho...
he could say some nice words.

'Revolver'....one of my favorite movies....I may have told you that before!

Old 09-01-2018, 02:31 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Oh, how I wish people knew Rajneesh like I did....nice words, tho...
he could say some nice words.

'Revolver'....one of my favorite movies....I may have told you that before!
mmm, i can't remember, but I'll have a look at the movie,thanks Miss Hepburn.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:12 AM
Experiencer
Thank you for sharing the link - I have it open on my laptop and will be reading it as and when.

A series of synchronicities led me to start this book. It has been popping up the last few weeks, almost telling me to read it, and it is right up my street :)
Old 09-01-2018, 11:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEN34
Thank you for sharing the link - I have it open on my laptop and will be reading it as and when.

A series of synchronicities led me to start this book. It has been popping up the last few weeks, almost telling me to read it, and it is right up my street :)

Excellent. I look forward to any comment you might make about it.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:05 PM
Master
Thanks for the link Gem. I have a few other books on the way.

In particular I am drawn to '81 - Root cause of fear - Page 302'