Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Old 25-06-2013, 09:44 PM
WYN123

tolle

hi
Are eckheart tolles methods just hypnosis techniques. do you use separation of thought from self in hypnosis.
Old 25-06-2013, 10:07 PM
Master
No his words are to wake up up from your hypnotic life, you have been hypnotized by the world of duality, by your parents, religion and on and on it goes. Self Realization is the Awakening that Toll talks about, he points you to your true SELF, far from hypnosis.
Old 26-06-2013, 12:02 AM
WYN123

I have found his methods useful - thanks
Old 26-06-2013, 12:46 AM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
No his words are to wake up up from your hypnotic life, you have been hypnotized by the world of duality, by your parents, religion and on and on it goes. Self Realization is the Awakening that Toll talks about, he points you to your true SELF, far from hypnosis.

Like Father Anthony de Mello? "Awareness" was a good read I think.
Old 26-06-2013, 01:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
Like Father Anthony de Mello? "Awareness" was a good read I think.
Father De Mello ?, I've never heard of him, but I'm going to, yea yea, i'll let you know what i think, thanks Mayflow.
Old 26-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Father De Mello ?, I've never heard of him, but I'm going to, yea yea, i'll let you know what i think, thanks Mayflow.

O, I think you will like what you will find.
Old 26-06-2013, 10:08 PM
Master
Quote:
O, I think you will like what you will find.
Yes I have listened to some of he stuff and yes I like him, except for the Catholic side, so yea, thanks for introducing him to me.
Old 26-06-2013, 11:05 PM
Mayflow

I believe he was banned from the Catholic church for his efforts.

They didn't seem to disagree with his teachings about Jesus and God, but on the fact that he embraced Taoism and Buddhism.

Want my opinion? What do they say Jesus said about the lepers and the good Samaritans?
Old 26-06-2013, 11:57 PM
Master
Quote:
I believe he was banned from the Catholic church for his efforts.

They didn't seem to disagree with his teachings about Jesus and God, but on the fact that he embraced Taoism and Buddhism.

Want my opinion? What do they say Jesus said about the lepers and the good Samaritans?
I can't remember that particular verses, pray tell me, what did he say.
Old 27-06-2013, 10:50 PM
Mayflow

Luke 17:11-19
11 Now it happened as He went to Jerusalem that He passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee.
12 Then as He entered a certain village, there met Him ten men who were lepers, who stood afar off.
13 And they lifted up their voices and said, "Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!"
14 So when He saw them, He said to them, "Go, show yourselves to the priests." And so it was that as they went, they were cleansed.
15 And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, returned, and with a loud voice glorified God,
16 and fell down on his face at His feet, giving Him thanks. And he was a Samaritan.
17 So Jesus answered and said, "Were there not ten cleansed? But where are the nine?
18 Were there not any found who returned to give glory to God except this foreigner?"
19 And He said to him, "Arise, go your way. Your faith has made you well."