Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Old 12-11-2012, 11:00 AM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna-prem
I also would invest my time or money on courses that rely on scripts.
Presumably you mean don't rely on scripts.

Agree with your point that duration of training is somewhat irrelevant as long as you don't think it qualifies you to a) work with real people or b) charge them money.

You can potentially do a lot of harm with hypnosis as it is bypassing people's filters.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Krishna-prem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
Presumably you mean don't rely on scripts.

Agree with your point that duration of training is somewhat irrelevant as long as you don't think it qualifies you to a) work with real people or b) charge them money.

You can potentially do a lot of harm with hypnosis as it is bypassing people's filters.

Ah the typos abound, yes I mean don't

If you don't work with real people on "real" problems then the new hypnotist will not gain the experience they need to be successful at this craft. I recommend charging as well for said work. It doesn't have to be a large sum. In fact I knew one hypnotist when they were first starting out who would see clients only if they donated to a charity (instead of paying directly). For better or worse people tend to place greater value on what they pay for as opposed to what is free. Having some base requirement creates a greater buy in for the change to occur. It increases the clients motivation.

I encourage my students to go out and start working with people. I have seen far too many people who become so afraid about working with others that they become seminar junkies. They never have enough training to go out and realize their dream. They say "I'll start after I have this next training" but it never happens.

With that being said I layer up a huge amount of suggestions about ethics with my students. There are some things that are much easier to work through than others and I encourage them to recognize that and stay within their ability and ethics. I also only certify those who have passed their practical exam, exhibiting the ability to work with others in a way that at the very least does not cause harm.

A good hypnotist isn't made in the training room, they grow out of experience

Cheers!
K-P